IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

33 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

About to watch the Chelsea press conference…..hoping to see an indication that tuchel is approaching Leeds with a must win attitude 

Kante 50/50 to play. Sounds like he is prioritising this game and the final is just another game after this

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

About to watch the Chelsea press conference…..hoping to see an indication that tuchel is approaching Leeds with a must win attitude 

All of a sudden they're only 5 points from 5th. Obviously only 9 points to play for, but they were comfortably sitting in 3rd for so long, now they've hit a rough patch and there's an outside chance they could slip out of the top 4.

Makes sense he would prioritize the league now.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

If it doesn't happen tonight, we'd have all pulled your arm off fo seven points from nine in the last three.

Really bummed, but didn't expect 6 against Chelsea and Leicester... honestly had expected maybe a point from the two...

If results hold, we're four point from basically being safe. 

Current status: 42 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points (actual: 1 point)

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Leicester (A): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

We were the better side tonight but our attacking play is what let us down. Decent in the build up but when it came to the bit that matters we had no idea how to open them up really. Which is what makes tonight so frustrating.

But, we’d have taken 4 points from these two away games before they were played. Also, that three games unbeaten now, only the one goal conceded, we’ve extended the gap to the final relegation place and we still have a game in hand on the team occupying that place.

It’s still very much in our own hands and that’s what we should concentrate on.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Disappointing tonight but we’d have all taken needing 4 more points from the remaining 3 - could be even less come 4:30 on Sunday.

If Leeds draw, we can ensure our survival with a single win. With a Leeds loss, all we need is one point from three matches... Idealistically, I'd like to think we'd do the business ourselves but with the right result from the Leeds-Brighton match, it could certainly spur us on to getting the necessary result this weekend.

Haven’t had chance to see/read anything about tonight’s game yet (working) but it’s another point in the bag and a step closer to ensuring safety. Watford was the game where I thought we’d get all 3 points, get us a bigger gap between Leeds/Burnley. Chelsea did us a favour though, Leeds look shot but I’d rather we take care of our own business through good results than relying on others mucking it up. 4 more points and we’re guaranteed premier league football next year

8 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

Haven’t had chance to see/read anything about tonight’s game yet (working) but it’s another point in the bag and a step closer to ensuring safety. Watford was the game where I thought we’d get all 3 points, get us a bigger gap between Leeds/Burnley. Chelsea did us a favour though, Leeds look shot but I’d rather we take care of our own business through good results than relying on others mucking it up. 4 more points and we’re guaranteed premier league football next year

Leeds could have had Kalvin Phillips walked if you look at the Allan red card. Surely their squad is threadbare now? 

9 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

If Leeds draw, we can ensure our survival with a single win. With a Leeds loss, all we need is one point from three matches... Idealistically, I'd like to think we'd do the business ourselves but with the right result from the Leeds-Brighton match, it could certainly spur us on to getting the necessary result this weekend.

As you say, if Leeds lose their next game, we effectively need only one draw from our final three. Their goal difference is simply awful - more than a goal a game.

49 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

As you say, if Leeds lose their next game, we effectively need only one draw from our final three. Their goal difference is simply awful - more than a goal a game.

Who’d have thought it would’ve been this straightforward after we played the red shite. Now I’m wondering what all the fuss was about, this relegation battle malarkey ain’t that hard. If we’d have had this type of form from our last 4-5 games from the get go we’d be pushing for Europe (I know we started well under the fucking koppite wank-stain before you correct me)

19 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Who’d have thought it would’ve been this straightforward after we played the red shite. Now I’m wondering what all the fuss was about, this relegation battle malarkey ain’t that hard. If we’d have had this type of form from our last 4-5 games from the get go we’d be pushing for Europe (I know we started well under the fucking koppite wank-stain before you correct me)

Nothing straight forward about it mate, I was anxious about playing Watford and that is because I know we struggle to score goals and Everton don’t do straight forward. 

We can’t rely on the 11 players out there as they have no cohesion or confidence.  There is more honesty from them now which gives them a fighting chance but the reality is we could lose all our remaining games as we play teams who have been better than us all season. 

im more hopeful that Leeds will struggle get more than 2 points than I am that we will get 3 points.  That’s not a nice situation to be in. 

Hoping Spurs beat Arsenal today, keeping their Champions League hopes very much alive, and making them solid favorites to win against Burnley at home on Sunday.

Although we can stay safe with 4 points from our next 2 (or even next 3, but I think we’ve little chance to take even a point away to Arsenal), I’ll guess our best chance is to back in to safety because Leeds and/or Burnley falter.

21 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Hoping Spurs beat Arsenal today, keeping their Champions League hopes very much alive, and making them solid favorites to win against Burnley at home on Sunday.

Although we can stay safe with 4 points from our next 2 (or even next 3, but I think we’ve little chance to take even a point away to Arsenal), I’ll guess our best chance is to back in to safety because Leeds and/or Burnley falter.

I was thinking if arsenal win then they could let us have an easy game last game of season…. Arteta and all that. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I was thinking if arsenal win then they could let us have an easy game last game of season…. Arteta and all that. 

I myself have no faith in our ability to take even a single point that last matchday, even if the Gunners are all in their flip-flops.  I’m hoping we’re safe at the end of the day on Thurs May 19.

If it comes down to that final Sunday, our best chance would probably be Brentford taking 3 points at home to Leeds.

So, like everyone here, I’m hoping we’re safe before we play Arsenal.