IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

10 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I myself have no faith in our ability to take even a single point that last matchday, even if the Gunners are all in their flip-flops.  I’m hoping we’re safe at the end of the day on Thurs May 19.

If it comes down to that final Sunday, our best chance would probably be Brentford taking 3 points at home to Leeds.

So, like everyone here, I’m hoping we’re safe before we play Arsenal.

Brentford have serious history with Leeds.   The manager wound their fans up and the Leeds players chanted songs about him when they got promoted.   Brentford will be right up for it.  The only issue is the Brentford captain is a big Leeds hero. 

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Brentford have serious history with Leeds.   The manager wound their fans up and the Leeds players chanted songs about him when they got promoted.   Brentford will be right up for it.  The only issue is the Brentford captain is a big Leeds hero. 

Well hopefully they realise that getting beat at Goodison on Sunday will probably relegate Leeds. 

30 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

We said we didn't want to depend on other results but I think it's down to that in case we slip up again.

If we win at the weekend it’s still in our hands and needing a Leeds team who have lost their heads to turn it around, without two very influential players. 

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not feeling it; Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal no problem but Brentford? It's a banana skin waiting to happen, they won't have a care in the world. If you offered me a draw I'd be seriously tempted to take it.

It's the exact type of match that we usually lose. I'm not all that surprised we've done well recently against the "bigger" opponents. We have such a tendency to show up against them and fuck it all up in the supposed "easy" games

Leeds are more likely to not get any more points than we are to win either of our remaining games.  

Brighton visit them in the back of a seriously impressive run of results and performances… then face a Brentford team who’s crowd will be fully up for sending them down. They hate Leeds. 

Leeds will be down to the bare bones but as we seen from Watford that can really freshen the team up, we did the same away to Chelsea.

spurs will be rampant against a depleted Burnley side, who then face Villa away and Newcastle at home. I fancy them to maybe get a result against Newcastle who will no doubt have their weird fans egging them on to relegate us if possible. Maybe Eddie  Howe bring a former blue wouldn’t let that happen but then again his ego may 

Saying all this we have to get the job done ourselves - we can’t rely on others and that is where the anxiety comes from.