IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

39 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Honestly, I don't feel at all worried. We're just halfway through the season, and we're easily better than four or five of those teams currently above us. It will take focus and graft, but we won't be sweating it out like last season.

Aside from Bournemouth and possibly West Ham I am not sure we are.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Honestly, I don't feel at all worried. We're just halfway through the season, and we're easily better than four or five of those teams currently above us. It will take focus and graft, but we won't be sweating it out like last season.

Not worried?  Have you seen us play this season?  Still positive? What's your secret?

9 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Not worried?  Have you seen us play this season?  Still positive? What's your secret?

First off, we didn't deserve to lose some of those games earlier in the season. Small margins.

Second, we all know what will make the difference: an effective striker. Fix that, and we'll definitely improve.

Third, it's not as if we have to close a big gap: A couple of quick wins and we'll be mid-table.

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

First off, we didn't deserve to lose some of those games earlier in the season. Small margins.

Second, we all know what will make the difference: an effective striker. Fix that, and we'll definitely improve.

Third, it's not as if we have to close a big gap: A couple of quick wins and we'll be mid-table.

Think we will get that striker?🤞

32 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Latest 'Super Computer' prediction has us on 31 points, and 5 points adrift from safety. This was before Gordon signed for Newcastle.

Definately need new manager bounce and a few signings in the building.

So they're going to plummet and take the 3rd spot for us?

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Not enjoying being more years old than points Everton acquire in a season.  Happened for the first time last season.  Looks to be on course for this season as well... hopefully it is not a trend...

There are a few of us on here who have had that scenario for more years than they care to remember, isn't that right Cornish and Mike 😉

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

So looking around us, who do we think will be in the relegation fight come the end of the season?

Despite yesterday's result, I still feel like we're one of the candidates, along with Soton, Bournemouth and Leeds. West Ham could still get dragged into it, and potentially Forest

Far too early to judge, I'll continue to wait until end of February 

10 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

So looking around us, who do we think will be in the relegation fight come the end of the season?

Despite yesterday's result, I still feel like we're one of the candidates, along with Soton, Bournemouth and Leeds. West Ham could still get dragged into it, and potentially Forest

I think Saints and Bournemouth will go, those aside it's difficult because every other team (even us now!) seems capable of performing well at times.

Dreamland? Leicester, Leeds and Forest drop but not going to happen.

We are not out of the woods yet, and still 3rd fans with the bookies to go down. 

That 'unexpected' and deserved 3 point will be a massive confidence booster and they will at least feel they can take a game to anybody now. 

I think injuries or not will ultimately determine our fate now. The squad is worrying thin up top.

They played very high tempo yesterday, yet Dyche only brought 1 sub on. 5 allowable substitution this season will be a detriment to us. 

17 minutes ago, RPG said:

But, if we do what we now know we are capable of it won't matter what other teams do as we will be safe with a few games to spare.

My thoughts exactly, we shouldn't obsess over what others are doing; play like (or close to) yesterday from here on in and we'll be fine.

My benchmark in our relegation threatened years, call it 1993 to 2004, was that I was (relatively) relaxed when we had more points than games played. Hopefully we'll hit that target soon.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

My thoughts exactly, we shouldn't obsess over what others are doing; play like (or close to) yesterday from here on in and we'll be fine.

My benchmark in our relegation threatened years, call it 1993 to 2004, was that I was (relatively) relaxed when we had more points than games played. Hopefully we'll hit that target soon.

I remember them years well and bar the one season where we had to beat the Dons to stay up, I've never felt so down as I have these last few years, whether as you get older you get more critical and have more time to dwell on things I don't know, but for me these last few years have been the shiftiest years ever and that's with the new stadium on the horizon.

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I remember them years well and bar the one season where we had to beat the Dons to stay up, I've never felt so down as I have these last few years, whether as you get older you get more critical and have more time to dwell on things I don't know, but for me these last few years have been the shiftiest years ever and that's with the new stadium on the horizon.

I think it's as you get older the time to see the Blues hit the heights again is diminishing. Still, I'll settle for mid-table at the moment.

7 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Any side from Palace down is still in this fight.