IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Looking at Leeds fixtures…. Not sure I would be happy if I was them this weekend. Got man United twice in a row then away to us. If we get any point against Liverpool and a win vs Leeds we could have a nice boost. 

Marsch will be under serious pressure 

If we get a result against Liverpool confidence will be flowing & we have a run of games that we can really capitalise on.

As @Bailey mentioned, all the teams from 12 down are in the mix but a run of 4/5 positive results will see a team rocket up the table.

On 14/01/2023 at 20:56, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Well here we go again. Very few of us have any faith or hope left. 

West ham away 1

arsenal home 1 

Shite away 0

leeds home 1 

Villa home 3 

Forest away 1

brentford home 0 

chelsea away 0 

Spurs home 0

utd away 1 

fulham home 3

Palace away 1 

Newcastle home 0 

leicester away 1

Brighton away 0 

city home 0 

wolves away 1 

bournemouth home 3

arsenal away TBC 0 

25 points from 19 matches. Unlikely. Found 17 points and even that seems generous. 

Only 1 more point than predicted but the level of optimism has improved greatly. Certainly still in the woods but the tree line is in sight. 18 points so far from 21 matches leaves us at 32.57 points after 38 matches. Changed some predictions which leaves us at 36 points. Is that enough? I still think Forest and Palace could find themselves in the conversation with Leeds and West Ham also staying close to relegation. Wolves and Leicester look like separating into mid-table. 

Shite away 1
leeds home 3
Villa home 3
Forest away 1
brentford home 1 
chelsea away 0
Spurs home 0
utd away 0
fulham home 3
Palace away 1
Newcastle home 0 
leicester away 1
Brighton away 0
city home 0 
wolves away 1
bournemouth home 3
arsenal away TBC 0 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Leeds asked themselves, what would Everton do?

Pity they never waited to get snotted twice in a row by the same team, then wait till after a World Cup, get beat in a few winnable home Gomes. Then make a decision and offer it to a man who would not be ideal to take over due to incompatible playing style. 

we’ve got a good manager here lads. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Remember this like it was yesterday !

Glorious sunny day, I listened on the radio in my childhood house. 

10 years ago we befriended a couple on our honeymoon, turns out his brother actually played in that game, still in touch with him now. Top lad. 

On 05/02/2023 at 19:17, Hafnia said:

Looking at Leeds fixtures…. Not sure I would be happy if I was them this weekend. Got man United twice in a row then away to us. If we get any point against Liverpool and a win vs Leeds we could have a nice boost. 

Marsch will be under serious pressure 

Not now he won't 😉

I remember exactly where I was on that day, I was a passenger in a van coming home from a George Wimpy site in the town of Witney, I remember my mate taking the piss most of the game, then we got the third and my head nearly went through the roof of the fan, that moment was better than any sex I'd ever experienced before or after. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Haha no! It was Gary Blisset’s brother. He was one of the crazy gang.  He was sub for last 20 minutes, I’m glad he was part of our survival. 

Weird but I’m still reading this as a wild swinging party mate.

Glad you and the missus worked it all out as I assume that’s what you are talking about…

On 06/02/2023 at 20:43, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Remember this like it was yesterday !

I took home a clump of turf in my pocket after that game. Didn’t half stink after a few days in a bowl on my bedroom windowsill. 

My Dad has played golf with one of our players from that day for years, only last Tuesday he was talking about that game and said at half time they were told not to worry as “we won’t be getting relegated, it’s all taken care of”. Quite a few of them seem happy to talk about it openly now. 

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Really not bothered what other clubs do, it's in our hands....might be different if we're in the same position with two or three games left mind.

Mathematically it's not in our hands is it, I say that with no real certainty, but if everyone above us does better or the same as us in the run in then don't we sink. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Mathematically it's not in our hands is it, I say that with no real certainty, but if everyone above us does better or the same as us in the run in then don't we sink. 

It is, if everyone around us starts winning every week then teams from higher up will be drawn in.

We can still mathematically finish on sixty-nine points, I call that in our own hands.

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It's absolutely in our hands, its not last game of the season and we're sat in 18th.