IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I seriously doubt any team in the league has been on the receiving end of so many appalling decisions as us this season. I’ve had a boss night and I’m absolutely ecstatic about the result but it’s happened again tonight

How the fuck didn’t Ayew not get a red card for the tackle on Gordon? It was almost guaranteed that he would then go on score after that

That decision could have relegated us tonight had it not been for the extraordinary atmosphere inside the ground that inspired the fight back

I’ve already tweeted pgmol, looks like loads of blues have. The game is a mess, the Oliver game really got to me, tonight was just as bad. Worst group of referees I have ever ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Once again, I don't know why VAR hasn't sorted it out, because it's there to correct the ref's mistakes for key decisions like that and the ref definitely got it wrong because that was a scissor tackle.

We've been on the end of VAR getting involved and upgrading a yellow card to a red (Allan against Newcastle) so it's baffling why it didn't step in on this decision.

Not baffling, it’s corruption 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Once again, I don't know why VAR hasn't sorted it out, because it's there to correct the ref's mistakes for key decisions like that and the ref definitely got it wrong because that was a scissor tackle.

We've been on the end of VAR getting involved and upgrading a yellow card to a red (Allan against Newcastle) so it's baffling why it didn't step in on this decision.

I thought VAR did review it and backed up the ref...which is even worse! 

You just have to look at the table - this season there really has been a very fine line between relegation battle and comfortable mid table - now with 11 wins that is the same number as Brighton in 10th place and more than Palace in 13th.

We have just been the wrong side of that fine line - and the fact we had to chop and change CB pairings and midfield cover in front off on a near game by game for the whole of the season is in my eyes the biggest single reason why we don't have more points on the board.  It not a coincident we near the top of the table in defensive error alongside goals conceded from set pieces.

Couple in to this we are also near the top of the bad ref/VAR decisions then its been a perfect storm leading us to be fighting for our lives.

However, this experience has probably brought the players together as a group and they will have dug deep to bring out the performances of their lives, maybe performances they didn't realise they had in them.  These performances have brought them and the fans closer together. If this is harnessed, then I could have been a wake up call that everybody needed - fans to board. lets hope its a watershed season and use this unbelievable high we all have today.

Current status: 39 points

Brentford (H): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Watford (A): 3 points (actual: 1 point)

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Leicester (A): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Current status: 39 points

Brentford (H): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Watford (A): 3 points (actual: 1 point)

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Leicester (A): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

and the above pretty much confirms just how competitive the premier league is -  if you are not on your game in this league - good change you will get turned over. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

Heard on TalkSPORT today that not one referee from the premier league is going to the World Cup. So FIFA, one of the most corrupt organisations in the world, won’t even use our refs. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver are aren't they?

Yup, the story StevO's referring to is that not a single PL ref is going as a VAR.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver are aren't they?

Yes, I think they have to take some of our referee's, but they are shit.

If I was a club owner or GM, I would list the top 50 mistakes in a season show videos of the mistakes and say our players, managers, coaches, and clubs are scrutinised, talked about, debated and rated. We are criticised and lauded and it should be the same for referees and the FA.

We have to raise our game and so should the FA and referees and the only way to see that it happens is to point out their failings and debate improvements.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

Yes, I think they have to take some of our referee's, but they are shit.

If I was a club owner or GM, I would list the top 50 mistakes in a season show videos of the mistakes and say our players, managers, coaches, and clubs are scrutinised, talked about, debated and rated. We are criticised and lauded and it should be the same for referees and the FA.

We have to raise our game and so should the FA and referees and the only way to see that it happens is to point out their failings and debate improvements.

Don't be daft. FA and refs expect respect go be given, not earnt like for the rest of us. 

• 7 months later...

Well here we go again. Very few of us have any faith or hope left. 

West ham away 1

arsenal home 1 

Shite away 0

leeds home 1 

Villa home 3 

Forest away 1

brentford home 0 

chelsea away 0 

Spurs home 0

utd away 1 

fulham home 3

Palace away 1 

Newcastle home 0 

leicester away 1

Brighton away 0 

city home 0 

wolves away 1 

bournemouth home 3

arsenal away TBC 0 

25 points from 19 matches. Unlikely. Found 17 points and even that seems generous. 

I think you've been very generous with those points there! 😳 😫

We need a huge turnaround in form to even consider getting anywhere near 40 points.

Is DCL gonna stay fit and be the difference for us between now and the end of the season?

Can we bring in sufficient quality firepower before the end of the month that can guarantee us more goals?

These are the two questions, at this point in time, that will dictate whether we go down or not?

Sadly, I'm not confident that the answer is positive in any regard.

45 minutes ago, RPG said:

We need a minimum of 23 points from those 19 games and I just can't get close to that, even with my rose tinted glasses on.

If you look at the table there are a lot of teams in a similar position. A win could get us as high as 14th with the right results. 

This is far from over for any team from Palace downwards. 3 points against West Ham is a must though.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

If you look at the table there are a lot of teams in a similar position. A win could get us as high as 14th with the right results. 

This is far from over for any team from Palace downwards. 3 points against West Ham is a must though.

But Southampton, Wolves and even Forest look to have found a bit of confidence in the last couple of weeks. We are rock bottom in confidence, maybe West Ham are the only other team as doom and gloom as us at the moment, but they do have a bit of quality in that team and an experienced manager to get a good run going. I think now we are the weakest link in the league at the moment. West Ham will smell blood on us and no doubt put in that extra effort in a bit to get there season going.

Low confidence, low quality, club in crisis - after yesterday's morning goings on I just feel that has made this season terminal.

Most season one or two teams are nailed on for relegation, so usually have to dodge one bullet and not fill the final spot.

This season there are three bullets to dodge. 

I am usually optimistic, but I feel letting that goal in in the first minute of the second half was the first nail in our coffin. It was a six pointer game and I that equaliser turn momentum.

I agree there is a lot of football still to play and nothing is certain, but things are very very broken here.