IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

WTF lads, I thought we’d done the hard yards over the last few games. Today was a nightmare, I hope we can pull it together now, totally deflated, it’s still so tight, can see Leeds turning up against Brentford and wouldn’t put it past that koppite wanker to roll over for Burnley in the week

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I know a lot of people of are not convinced that Leeds will get points at Brentford but Brentford were shocking against us at the start of today's game and Leeds will go at them in exactly the same way. 

We need to get the points against Palace with whatever threadbare squad we can patch together.

Been having this same discussion over on Brentford matchday thread.

Our problem, among several (including injuries, exhaustion, nerves), is that Leeds will know our result before Sunday.  A third consecutive failure on our part (with the near-certainty of a 4th v. Arsenal) will open the door for both Leeds and Burnley.

If we lose to Palace, we’ll have to hope for luck on Sunday.  We’ve had nothing but bad luck all season — today being a prime example — on top of bad play.

Just seen that Ivan toney and another Brentford player had family members racially abused …… just fuck off,  our fans have been getting great credit recently but you always get some idiots. I thought we had moved on from this shit. 

they will probably wonder why toney may allow Leeds an easy day next week. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just seen that Ivan toney and another Brentford player had family members racially abused …… just fuck off,  our fans have been getting great credit recently but you always get some idiots. I thought we had moved on from this shit. 

they will probably wonder why toney may allow Leeds an easy day next week. 

There's no place for any of that shite, doesn't matter what's gone on on the pitch. I hope they're caught and dealt with.

15 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Been having this same discussion over on Brentford matchday thread.

Our problem, among several (including injuries, exhaustion, nerves), is that Leeds will know our result before Sunday.  A third consecutive failure on our part (with the near-certainty of a 4th v. Arsenal) will open the door for both Leeds and Burnley.

If we lose to Palace, we’ll have to hope for luck on Sunday.  We’ve had nothing but bad luck all season — today being a prime example — on top of bad play.

Don't contemplate it. If we are not at Goodison even more positive thinking and willing the lads on.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I know a lot of people of are not convinced that Leeds will get points at Brentford but Brentford were shocking against us at the start of today's game and Leeds will go at them in exactly the same way. 

We need to get the points against Palace with whatever threadbare squad we can patch together.

People wrote us off against Chelsea and look what we did in that game, United as well. Arsenal could turn up and play amazing football or they could stink their gaff out. It’s a coin toss but if we bring our A game we could be to much for them

7 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

People wrote us off against Chelsea and look what we did in that game, United as well. Arsenal could turn up and play amazing football or they could stink their gaff out. It’s a coin toss but if we bring our A game we could be to much for them

What you need to realise mate is that we’ve probably used up all our good fortune.   My hope is that Viera looks at us with pity and through his relationship with lampard and arsenal decides to take it easy. 

arsenal will want us safe before going the emirates. 

Current status: 39 points

Brentford (H): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points (actual: 1 point)

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Leicester (A): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

17 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m still fuming about the Referee not giving the pen for the foul on Richarlison in the build up to Branthwaites red card

Ye we have been awful this season but if we go down the PGMOL will have played a huge part in it 

I’m angry because I think the game has gone now.   We may survive but the game is doomed.   It just feels like an elongated version of F1 where they made it all about the last lap…. Forget the rules, forget integrity….. money money money. 

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m angry because I think the game has gone now.   We may survive but the game is doomed.   It just feels like an elongated version of F1 where they made it all about the last lap…. Forget the rules, forget integrity….. money money money. 

I agree, I’m 100% convinced that it’s corrupt and will feature in one of those Panorama programs in years to come

During lockdown it was a huge story/ selling point for the Premier League for The Shite to win their fist title in 30 years and when you think back at some of the ludicrous VAR decisions that went their way that year you have to wonder whether that was staged

Now it’s a big selling point for City and The Shite to go neck and neck in the title raise and you look at some of the decisions ( Rodri handball ) and again you would be forgiven for thinking it’s all staged

Us going down would also be a huge story and it really does look like their is a concerted effort from the powers that be to make it happen

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I agree, I’m 100% convinced that it’s corrupt and will feature in one of those Panorama programs in years to come

During lockdown it was a huge story/ selling point for the Premier League for The Shite to win their fist title in 30 years and when you think back at some of the ludicrous VAR decisions that went their way that year you have to wonder whether that was staged

Now it’s a big selling point for City and The Shite to go neck and neck in the title raise and you look at some of the decisions ( Rodri handball ) and again you would be forgiven for thinking it’s all staged

Us going down would also be a huge story and it really does look like their is a concerted effort from the powers that be to make it happen

I’m trying to distance myself from footy because I genuinely think it’s in such a place that fans are suffering.   It’s disgusting. 

4 hours ago, RPG said:

It is so Everton when I look at your table to comment that we have taken more points from games that we (quite reasonably) predicted losses in than in games in which we (quite reasonably) predicted wins in. We upset the form book by beating Leicester, Man U and Chelsea, then drop 2 points at Watford and lose to Burnley and Brentford. The only thing I can predict with certainty for the Palace game is that no result will surprise me. Same for Arsenal game.

It's maddening if we go down this season, as we've lost six pointers to Burnley, Norwich, etc.... 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I agree with you both that VAR is ruining the game. The level of dumbfuckery  exhibited by the bollox in the booth is severely fucking up our season. I don’t however believe that it’s a contrived decision by the powers that be to fuck us over, creating a title race/relegation battle in the process. VAR isn’t fit for purpose, all 20 teams have an axe to grind with it, decisions seem to be made depending if some frustrated middle aged fucker got his end away last night or not. What’s needed is an independent VAR set up to interpret the rules correctly as opposed to the current set up of drinking buddies protect their own knowing they’ll be “paid back” next time they fuck it up.

34 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I don’t agree with the conspiracy theorists in here. I don’t think there’s a plan for us to be sent down at all cost. We are where we are because of poor performances. 

What I do believe though is referees are shit scared to make big decision against the big boys. Rodri’s handball etc. But this isn’t something new. United under Fergie it was the same it’s just changed to City and Liverpool. The two strongest sides. 

How can anyone explain the Rodri hand ball if it’s not corruption?

These Refs shouldn’t be in the game if they are scared to make decisions against the big boys however the appalling decisions that are going against us aren’t just against the big boys Brentford yesterday , Romeou handball at Southampton, Allan sending off against Newcastle at home  Jonjoe Shelvely not getting a red at Newcastle away, Tarkowski tackle on Richarlison at home, the lost goes on) It’s happening too often for it to just be poor refereeing and if it was just that then surely it would actually even itself out over a season? 

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

These Refs shouldn’t be in the game if they are scared to make decisions against the big boys however the appalling decisions that are going against us aren’t just against the big boys Brentford yesterday , Romeou handball at Southampton, Allan sending off against Newcastle at home  Jonjoe Shelvely not getting a red at Newcastle away, Tarkowski tackle on Richarlison at home, the lost goes on) It’s happening too often for it to just be poor refereeing and if it was just that then surely it would actually even itself out over a season? 

All of the incidents you listed just go to prove the point that referees are shit and the wankers in VAR are shit. It doesn’t prove a conspiracy helping the big boys cause you listed (and stated) shite teams have benefited as well. I don’t believe we are victims of a conspiracy I believe we are suffering because the current system is awful, the referees running the show are substandard and the powers that be don’t actually care enough to fix it because the unpredictable nature it creates drama to the whole show. That drama then adds to the interest which in turn puts money in their pockets

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The problem is, have you gone through every other side's grievances with the refs this season? I'm sure they have just as many as we do. 

Sure, the refereeing is shit, but it's shit across the board. I don't think there's an anti-Everton conspiracy. That's putting us on a mighty high pedestal lol

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The problem is, have you gone through every other side's grievances with the refs this season? I'm sure they have just as many as we do. 

Sure, the refereeing is shit, but it's shit across the board. I don't think there's an anti-Everton conspiracy. That's putting us on a mighty high pedestal lol

When was the last shit decision that went in our favour?

There may not actually be a conspiracy theory but we are definitely not getting the rub of the green and we seem to be playing to a different set of rules to City and The Shite

I keep going back to the Rodri handball because I honestly can’t think of any other possible reason for VAR not to award a penalty other than corruption

Whatever the reason then it’s time Refs / VAR had to publicly explain why/ how they are making these decisions 

VAR was meant to rid football of these ‘errors’ but it’s made things worse.

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

When was the last shit decision that went in our favour?

There may not actually be a conspiracy theory but we are definitely not getting the rub of the green and we seem to be playing to a different set of rules to City and The Shite

I keep going back to the Rodri handball because I honestly can’t think of any other possible reason for VAR not to award a penalty other than corruption

Whatever the reason then it’s time Refs / VAR had to publicly explain why/ how they are making these decisions 

VAR was meant to rid football of these ‘errors’ but it’s made things worse.

Oh 100% VAR is a joke. And it's been around long enough now that the excuses of "the refs are adjusting to the new rules" don't apply anymore.

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

My hope is that Viera looks at us with pity and through his relationship with lampard and arsenal decides to take it easy. 

arsenal will want us safe before going the emirates. 

I’m confused by your thinking here, as I can’t see any chance Arsenal will want to do anything other than smash us.  Arsenal and Spurs are fighting for 4th and Champions League.  Arsenal have their fate in their own hands, as they can finish on 72 points to Spurs’ max of 71, but only if the Gunners take 3 points today away to Newcastle and then all 3 from us.

Whether Arsenal take 3, 1, or 0 points tonight at Newcastle, they will surely think they absolutely must take 3 from our match.

Spurs are now on 68, with a massive GD lead over Arsenal, in case of a tie.  Arsenal are at 66.

So, if Arsenal win tonight, they move ahead of Spurs, 69-68, and will take 4th by beating Everton, no matter the result of Norwich-Spurs.

If Arsenal draw at Newcastle tonight, they stay below Spurs, 67-68, and thus must beat Everton and hope that Spurs stumble and either draw or lose at Norwich.

If Arsenal lose tonight, they stay 2 points behind Spurs at 66-68.  Then their only hope is to beat Everton and hope Spurs lose to Norwich.

But in every scenario, Arsenal will want to beat us, even badly.

I do agree that Arsenal will want us safe before Sunday’s match, but not so much because they can then feel fine about smashing us, but because if we’re safe, they’re all the more likely to be able to smash our flip-flop-wearing lads.

Edit — Ha, it’s just possible I missed some sarcasm in your post.  If so, good for you, not so good for me......