IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

The last time Everton had this amount of points from the same amount of games was in 1951, and that year we were relegated from Division One. I think I'm right in saying that year there were 22 teams in the league, so there are 4 games less to try and get out of it than there was in 1951, whether that is negative factor I'm not sure, but I would argue any manager would want more games and time to turn things around. Sadly Lampard has to go he isn't going to change our fortunes in the next 19 games so we need to take that chance that someone else might be able to. I said 3-4 weeks ago I am resigned to Everton been relegated so I'm at peace with that sad yes but not angry, and I also said that our relegation would be the chance to get rid of Moshiri and start to fix the damage of the last 7 years. So prepare for relegation and the chance to rebuild our club in the Championship, and we will come back happier and stronger, and remember you will always be a supporter no matter what league, because Everton FC needs our support to survive, not Moshiri and his board. I'm at peace hope you all get there and we will get through this COYB

7 hours ago, RuffRob said:

But Southampton, Wolves and even Forest look to have found a bit of confidence in the last couple of weeks. We are rock bottom in confidence, maybe West Ham are the only other team as doom and gloom as us at the moment, but they do have a bit of quality in that team and an experienced manager to get a good run going. I think now we are the weakest link in the league at the moment. West Ham will smell blood on us and no doubt put in that extra effort in a bit to get there season going.

Low confidence, low quality, club in crisis - after yesterday's morning goings on I just feel that has made this season terminal.

Most season one or two teams are nailed on for relegation, so usually have to dodge one bullet and not fill the final spot.

This season there are three bullets to dodge. 

I am usually optimistic, but I feel letting that goal in in the first minute of the second half was the first nail in our coffin. It was a six pointer game and I that equaliser turn momentum.

I agree there is a lot of football still to play and nothing is certain, but things are very very broken here.

Confidence comes and goes though. There are plenty of times you think a team is over their troubles and they get dragged back in again. An easy example is Leicester. They looked like they would climb the league again then all of a sudden, they are right back in the thick of it. 

Yes things are very broken but a decisive change and a bit of leadership at the top, a signing or two and a result can change the feeling around the club quickly (playing side, not boardroom).

It doesn't look good for us at the moment but I am not giving up hope just yet. Lose to West Ham and I might 🤣

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Confidence comes and goes though. There are plenty of times you think a team is over their troubles and they get dragged back in again. An easy example is Leicester. They looked like they would climb the league again then all of a sudden, they are right back in the thick of it. 

Yes things are very broken but a decisive change and a bit of leadership at the top, a signing or two and a result can change the feeling around the club quickly (playing side, not boardroom).

It doesn't look good for us at the moment but I am not giving up hope just yet. Lose to West Ham and I might 🤣

My fear is that those teams around us have now taken points of us at home and they now have them banked. We have not taken any of what might be deemed the 'low hanging fruit' - none any of it!! we have played most of what should be our 'easiest' home games. 

Its very very frustrating as in either the Wolves or the Saints game, we where not really second best or well beaten by any means - we just didn't take our chances and paid for it big time. 

43 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

My fear is that those teams around us have now taken points of us at home and they now have them banked. We have not taken any of what might be deemed the 'low hanging fruit' - none any of it!! we have played most of what should be our 'easiest' home games. 

Its very very frustrating as in either the Wolves or the Saints game, we where not really second best or well beaten by any means - we just didn't take our chances and paid for it big time. 

Oh definitely, we are doing it the hard way that is for sure but as the weeks go on, especially at the end of the season what was an easy game changes. Those teams in midtable, safe from relegation but with no chance of top 6, stop playing and you can pick up points. 

We have 19 games to play, or 57 points available. It is all still there for the taking, and no-one at the club should lose sight of that however desperate things look now.

49 minutes ago, RPG said:

A big 'if' maybe but if we can somehow beat Arsenal in our next game, it is quite likely that Soton, Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth, Leicester and Leeds could all lose and we could be up to 16th and Frank is the messiah again!

Manifest it! We are going to win. Laws of attraction are a real thing I believe. 

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Arsenal going to destroy us and we are never getting anywhere close to 40 points this season...

Only chance we have is if there are three other teams who also do not make it to 40 and even then...

The only hope is that Arsenal get complacent and have an off day like City did.

5 minutes ago, RPG said:

Looking at the next 2 week's fixtures there is a chance that 2 draws will see us up to 18th and really in the mix with the teams still above us. I think that might be what Dyche looks for to stop the rot and get some points on the board. The teams around us either play each other or play difficult opposition.

Don't play anyone as difficult as we do.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't think we should expect anything from Arsenal. They are on a different planet to us and they will pin us back and find the holes. It could be a really horrible game and we could get stuffed.

The game we have to target is the Liverpool game. That is the one the club needs to give it a lift.

Whilst I agree with you, we said the same about City. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't think we should expect anything from Arsenal. They are on a different planet to us and they will pin us back and find the holes. It could be a really horrible game and we could get stuffed.

The game we have to target is the Liverpool game. That is the one the club needs to give it a lift.

My buddy is a Gooner and he thinks there's a real chance we could come out if it with at least a point, depending on how Dyche does with the squad this week

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst I agree with you, we said the same about City. 

Arsenal are in a different space to City IMO. City might have more talent but Arsenal are playing with an incredible intensity.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

My buddy is a Gooner and he thinks there's a real chance we could come out if it with at least a point, depending on how Dyche does with the squad this week

Not for me. The only way we get anything is if Arsenal miss a boat load of chances. 

Im just wary that I can see how this goes. Optimism creeps in, unrealistic expectations follow, we get battered and people are after the managers head already and the place gets gloomier again.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Arsenal are in a different space to City IMO. City might have more talent but Arsenal are playing with an incredible intensity.

Not for me. The only way we get anything is if Arsenal miss a boat load of chances. 

Im just wary that I can see how this goes. Optimism creeps in, unrealistic expectations follow, we get battered and people are after the managers head already and the place gets gloomier again.

In any one off game any Premiership team can get a result over another.

Clean slate of individual players and clean slate for the 'team'. Can just give you that little bit extra. 

Arsenal out of the FA Cup at the weekend. So will have just taken a bit of wind out of there sails. 

If I had to bet my house, the money would go on a Arsenal win, but think our chances of getting something are improved from a week -10days ago.

The leauges current top team, so it kind of a free pass, as nobody really expects anything, so that takes the pressure off a bit. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

In any one off game any Premiership team can get a result over another.

Clean slate of individual players and clean slate for the 'team'. Can just give you that little bit extra. 

Arsenal out of the FA Cup at the weekend. So will have just taken a bit of wind out of there sails. 

If I had to bet my house, the money would go on a Arsenal win, but think our chances of getting something are improved from a week -10days ago.

The leauges current top team, so it kind of a free pass, as nobody really expects anything, so that takes the pressure off a bit. 

I think Arsenal will actually come out of the game with heart. They were probably the better team against City and it will further validate them that they are a brilliant side that can go on and win the league.

Of course its football, so anything can happen, but I just dont see this matching up well. Arsenal will pin us back. Dyche is well known to heavily involve his wingers in defensive positions so I can see us looking a lot like a back 6 at times and without checking the stats I dont think his Burnley side ever did that well away at City who are the most comparable side to Arsenal.

I agree that it is a free pass, the toughest training game the players could get. Goal difference could be huge so keep it close.