IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah I do. I also wear the appropriate clothes. 

Golf clubs that are worth going to promote a dress code as part of the etiquette of the game and the club house, and you know what he works there’s nothing wrong with setting boundaries when it protects the image and integrity of something that benefit's from good standards. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m with Haf on this, if Tom & DCL wore black North Face trackies and black trainees we would probably be in the Champions League places now

Probably right there, more Kirkdale and less birkdale was the shout that rodwell needed to be. 

22 minutes ago, RPG said:

I am trying to see both sides of the argument but if you are getting paid tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds a week by your employer I think that (in the context of pro soccer) the employer has every right to expect you to live your life 24/7 to enable the best possible performance from you on matchday and that includes not gifting the opposition a psychological advantage by dressing in a manner that invites ridicule both on and off the pitch. The last thing I want is to see everyone in only club suit and tie with a short back and sides and polished shoes (though it would do a few people no harm) but there has to be a limit and I do feel that both Dom and Tom have crossed it to the point where they are inviting ridicule on themselves and, by extension, the club.

Wearing "daft" clothing didn't do this chap's career a lot of harm.

Way back when: It's not the first time David took inspiration from his wife's style, with the former England player universally mocked after stepping out in a skirt-like garment in 1998

What concerns me is not so much the attire they wear in their private life’s, if Dom wants to dress like a school girl and carry a handbag, then crack on for someone of my age I’m more concerned about his mentality and that he might ladder his tights 😉 But joking aside what concerns me is he is trying to make a career out of it, he is paid huge amounts of many to give everything he has to is football career and the team paying him, and he should be concentrating solely on that career, instead of trying to carve out another career now as a model and fashion icon, there is a lot truth to be said that his game is way off the mark, because of commitment and concentration, and that could very well be because his heads in other ventures. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The clothes In everyone of those pictures were of the correct attire for a golfer in the style of the cut, colour is not the issue there is no restrictions on colour of clothes in golf wear. 

Pick the mic up. 

I find it ridiculous, therefore they're being disrespectful to fans and are rubbish at their jobs. 

But thank you for proving my point mate :)

1 hour ago, RPG said:

In the case of DCL, he has ceased to even be good individually. As has already been suggested, much of that is likely due to him not concentrating on his footie career so much as he has one eye on the cat walk.

Assuming DCL not playing well is because he’s thinking about his interest in fashion is just absolutely ridiculous!

Ronaldo has been a model his whole career, we’ve already had Beckham mentioned, could list many sportsmen who have other interests and stay at the top. LeBron James is involved in schools, wine, tequila, and his own line of products with Nike, but still manages to play his sport. 

DCL must be there in training, Frank is trying to put a shooting drill together and he’s in a world of his own thinking about a suit he’s going to buy. No, he’s doing the shooting drill. 

28 minutes ago, RPG said:

To take your last para first: I am trying not to be judgemental and I fully respect the right of DCL to wear whatever he likes.

That’s where the post should have ended. 

28 minutes ago, RPG said:

Others have questionned his attitude from his body language on the rare occasions he has played. We can't all be wrong about him.

But does his body language have anything to do with his interest in fashion? No. 

We absolutely can all be wrong about him. Because none of us know what is going on with him, we’re all just making assumptions.

I don’t have a problem with the way they dress, but I do worry about the extra focus on their other careers. Having two or three jobs is strenuous, time-consuming, and draining on anyone. I can’t pretend to know the ins and outs of professional football side careers, but for two players still trying to develop in a relatively short, high-intensity career, I can see where it’s distraction, especially for a team in a relegation battle. 

Like Bailey said though, we don’t really know what’s going on, DCL in particular because Davies is injured, but one thing we do know is that the entire team has been garbage for most of the season with or without DCL. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I think you would drop the mic if you seen how many major golf championships had been won by those players….. between them spending something like 10 years as worlds number one golfer. Dcl and Davies aren’t even the best in their relegation threatened club.

for the record they are not breaking any dress codes whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I find it ridiculous, therefore they're being disrespectful to fans and are rubbish at their jobs. 

But thank you for proving my point mate :)

I think you are missing this entirely. 

Dcl and Davies like to provoke opinion with their clothes…. They have pretty much admitted as much. fine….  You wanna prove opinion using your platform as a footballer- make sure you are taking care of business in that regard first.  Don’t turn up pitch side for a key relegation game looking like at a tit, pointing at your jacket to Townsend who was wearing club clothing.  

if I turned up to my local course wearing stand out clobber that screams “look at me” and and shoot 30 over par….. people are gonna laugh and rightly so. 

50 minutes ago, StevO said:

Assuming DCL not playing well is because he’s thinking about his interest in fashion is just absolutely ridiculous!

Ronaldo has been a model his whole career, we’ve already had Beckham mentioned, could list many sportsmen who have other interests and stay at the top. LeBron James is involved in schools, wine, tequila, and his own line of products with Nike, but still manages to play his sport. 

DCL must be there in training, Frank is trying to put a shooting drill together and he’s in a world of his own thinking about a suit he’s going to buy. No, he’s doing the shooting drill. 

Ronaldo has been a top top player all of his career…. Like Beckham, His achievements on the pitch developed his brand. 

we now have players developing a brand whilst doing fuck all on the pitch, it’s as simple as that. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

You know when you say DCL was dressed as a school girl he wasn’t actually wearing a skirt? It was a pair of shorts. But the handbag I’ll give you! 😂

No one should have to think about their job solely for 24 hours each day. If you thought just about your job it would do your head in. You have to have other interests, it’s healthy. The same way as saying a footballer shouldn’t be into other things off the pitch, then they shouldn’t play golf, which many of them do, or computer games, which many of them do. You need other interests. 

You should have interest’s but he is taking it further than just an interest. 

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

Never did I think DCL and Davies would have their off field pursuits compared to le Bron James, but there we have it!

im pretty sure le bron, like Jordan, Woods, Federer, Ronaldo, Beckham, messi sit at a higher level of achievement in their game than Tom Davies and DCL….  All aforementioned names had an absolutely unquestionable work ethic, who trained harder than anyone and left no stone unturned in their pursuit of excellence…. They were also smart enough to employ people to look after the commercial side of things so they could focus on their sport. 

47 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I don’t have a problem with the way they dress, but I do worry about the extra focus on their other careers. Having two or three jobs is strenuous, time-consuming, and draining on anyone. I can’t pretend to know the ins and outs of professional football side careers, but for two players still trying to develop in a relatively short, high-intensity career, I can see where it’s distraction, especially for a team in a relegation battle. 

Like Bailey said though, we don’t really know what’s going on, DCL in particular because Davies is injured, but one thing we do know is that the entire team has been garbage for most of the season with or without DCL. 

But it’s not another job. Their job is football. They have a hobby in fashion. It’s not a job. They might have a deal with a fashion brand, and do photo shoots. But they will do that with their boot sponsors too, Van Dijk does adverts for JD sports. Stirling is doing some adverts for Gillett. Alexander Arnold is on the front cover of a fashion magazine this month apparently (I’m way too old and out of shape to actually read a fashion magazine).
They might get interviewed by fashion magazines, but that’s no different than being interviewed by 442 magazine. 

Footballers will do interviews, they will do photo shoots. If it’s for 442, Sky Sports, Gucci or Nike, I don’t think it will make a difference. 

I agree with you post though. We don’t know what’s going on, the players who dress sensible and don’t do much media work are also playing shit. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Never did I think DCL and Davies would have their off field pursuits compared to le Bron James, but there we have it!

im pretty sure le bron, like Jordan, Woods, Federer, Ronaldo, Beckham, messi sit at a higher level of achievement in their game than Tom Davies and DCL….  All aforementioned names had an absolutely unquestionable work ethic, who trained harder than anyone and left no stone unturned in their pursuit of excellence…. They were also smart enough to employ people to look after the commercial side of things so they could focus on their sport. 

The point being is that all of these top athletes could still have interests away from their sport. It doesn’t, and shouldn’t, be 24/7. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

The point being is that all of these top athletes could still have interests away from their sport. It doesn’t, and shouldn’t, be 24/7. 

The point being dcl and Davies aren’t top athletes and them acting like they are when the club is being pretty much relegated is a piss take. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I think you would drop the mic if you seen how many major golf championships had been won by those players….. between them spending something like 10 years as worlds number one golfer. Dcl and Davies aren’t even the best in their relegation threatened club.

for the record they are not breaking any dress codes whatsoever. 

Neither are DCL or Davies. Golf is the laziest of "sports" with ridiculous fashion but that's OK because you like that. You don't like that the 2 lads, who have missed most of the season injured, have an interest outside of their job. 

But i know when you've got the bit between your teeth, so I'm going to stop.