IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

our performances in the last few games have given me quite a bit of confidence but Wolves current home form doesn't!  hopefully the old "nothing to play for" "on the beach" rubbish comes good for us!

In their last 6 homes they've won 5 and drawn 1.  They've only scored 9 in those games but have also only conceded 4.

I do fancy we can play like we have in the last 2 and keep things tight, picking something up on the counter.

Lets assume we win our last game against Bournemouth (if we don't - we deserve to go down!!!).  In that case a draw against Wolves doesn't actually help that much. As Leeds would need to win the final two games whether we get 3 or 4 points from our last two games. If Leeds win the final two games, we have to win our final two to stay ahead of them. 

We are two points behind forest so a draw against Wolves does not close that gap (should forest lose to Arsenal). 

A draw against Wolves on Saturday afternoon means relegation destiny in out of our own hands - as all the other teams are playing after us and we will then rely on them dropping points to say out of the relegation zone. 

I have no doubt managers of Forest, Leeds and Leicester will be drumming that in their players from 5pm on Saturday afternoon should we not pick up 3 points. 

2 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

A win at wolves would be a great sign but with the home form I think that’s a big ask.

Brighton were unbeaten at home, just coming off a 6-0 defeat of Wolves and a 1-0 defeat of United, and we went in and demolished them. 

I'm expecting a loss from us and hoping for a point. But with the way this season has gone, wouldn't surprise me in the least if we pull a miracle out of nowhere and get all three points. 

We've just got to show the attacking intent we did against Leicester, and the tactical nous v Brighton. Even against City we looked sharp on the counter.

I expect Leicester to lose - NCL will be well up for CL at home.

i don't think forest pick up any more points

I worry about Leeds getting at least a point v WHU though.

pleased we play first...we can just play the game we want to play it. 

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Ref just missed obvious pen against Forest, as Lee Dixon pointed out 3 times in 20 seconds.  Arsenal player clearly pulled down inside box.  No pen given.

Happy to be corrected by anyone watching the Forest match, who agrees with ref calling it a dive by Gabriel Jesus.

Pundits agree with you (not seen it myself).

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Pundits agree with you (not seen it myself).

Yes, in my case it could easily have been my Everton bias, but I’m not surprised more objective observers think it was clearly a pen.  Hope some of you TT-ers get a chance to see the replay, as I’ll be surprised if you aren’t shocked that VAR apparently didn’t even check it.

All of Everton, Leeds, and Leicester will feel hard done by with this missed pen call.  Forest clinches safety today, but Arsenal should obviously have had a pen kick.  A draw today would keep pressure on Forest next Sunday.

I don’t doubt the storyline will be Forest’s grit, character, Cooper’s tactics, etc.  A heartwarming story.  So the pen story — Forest’s luck in this crucial match — will get lost.

4 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

All of Everton, Leeds, and Leicester will feel hard done by with this missed pen call.  Forest clinches safety today, but Arsenal should obviously have had a pen kick.  A draw today would keep pressure on Forest next Sunday.

I don’t doubt the storyline will be Forest’s grit, character, Cooper’s tactics, etc.  A heartwarming story.  So the pen story — Forest’s luck in this crucial match — will get lost.

Also they've done incredibly well to pull themselves out of the mess the last few weeks. 10 points from the last possible 15. Well played to them.

40 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Sky's 3 minute highlights didn't show it 

Forest have been absolutely fighting for their lives in recent weeks as have Leeds.

For effort those two deserve to stay up.

Us and Leicester have turned up on occasion, while other days we’ve strolled around. If we go down, it’s deserved. Our players just don’t have that fighting spirit that teams like Forest have. 

That point has just about kept our pulse quietly ticking. But Leeds have it in their own hands now. That’s the scariest part. If they fight for their lives these last two matches…. Then it doesn't matter what we do.

I hope every one of our players takes a week to reflect on the season and come to Goodison on Sunday and go to war.

35 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think it’s all on the Leeds v West Ham game today, if Leeds win I expect us to be relegated because I can’t see Spurs getting anything at Elland Road next Sunday

I agree, Spurs just waiting for the season to finish now and Leeds at home fighting for their lives will turn them over.

My fear was that not winning at Wolves take survival out of our own hands. 

Things where that bad at the end of January window, I thought we would have been relegated before the last day, so at that time I might have taken still being in with a shout of staying up come the last day.

What a sick joke it will be if Allardyce gets two win with Leeds now - as that takes us down. You just know its going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Forest have been absolutely fighting for their lives in recent weeks as have Leeds.

For effort those two deserve to stay up.

Us and Leicester have turned up on occasion, while other days we’ve strolled around. If we go down, it’s deserved. Our players just don’t have that fighting spirit that teams like Forest have. 

That point has just about kept our pulse quietly ticking. But Leeds have it in their own hands now. That’s the scariest part. If they fight for their lives these last two matches…. Then it doesn't matter what we do.

I hope every one of our players takes a week to reflect on the season and come to Goodison on Sunday and go to war.

I think that's a bit harsh on our lads. Since we got full strength back, they've been on it. It's more the depth and recruitment that has fucked us over.

I do believe they are fighting though.

Leeds haven't won for 7 games. Hopefully they don't for another 2 🙈.

But, yeah, whoever goes down fully deserves it. 

'If Everton survive a hurricane of change must blow through the club'

Phil McNulty, BBC Sport chief football writer

Everton’s battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League will go to the last game of the season against Bournemouth at Goodison Park. 

Yerry Mina’s 99th minute leveller earned them a point at Wolves but it now all goes on the line at what will be a super-charged occasion in front of Everton’s fans. 

And it is symbolic of the catastrophic leadership at the top of the club that an escape in the penultimate game last season, followed by the time-honoured 'strategic review', has actually led Everton to an even more perilous position this term as they stand possibly 90 minutes from relegation

Huge responsibility must lie with owner Farhad Moshiri, chairman Bill Kenwright and chief executive officer Denise Barrett-Baxendale for Everton’s parlous position as they followed a calamitous decision-making policy that has left the club on the precipice both in financial and football terms. 

Everton’s entire board has not attended a game since January, citing security reasons, and there is little chance they will appear next week – or even again with takeover or investment talk rife around Goodison Park. 

If Everton survive a hurricane of change must blow through the club to avoid a similarly grim season next time around.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think it’s all on the Leeds v West Ham game today, if Leeds win I expect us to be relegated because I can’t see Spurs getting anything at Elland Road next Sunday

I agree.

My one consolation is Leeds are still crap. UCL / tiredness notwithstanding, Moyes will keep West Ham honest and I think they will win. I do think Leeds will beat Spurs, though.

I'm just not sure we will beat Bournemouth.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I'm more nervous today than I was about our game yesterday.

Just got to hope that West Ham are up for it - last home game of the season, probably a farewell to Rice, crowd in a celebratory mood due to making a cup final.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm more nervous today than I was about our game yesterday.

Just got to hope that West Ham are up for it - last home game of the season, probably a farewell to Rice, crowd in a celebratory mood due to making a cup final.

This is the hope we have.  London stadium will be like a carnival atmosphere and every good passage of play by West Ham applauded etc, it will hopefully give the players extra energy in the legs.

it’s likely to be Rices last game at home for them so they will be fully up for it I hope. 

if we go down it will be all on the board, no one else. Absolutely shambolic and criminal running of a club.!

Richarlison hattrick in the stars mate, don't worry 

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

It's all on West Ham really, I canst see Spurs doing anything but losing at Leeds, I can't see Leicester getting anything from their last 2 games.

So if West Ham beat or draw with Leeds we will probably be ok. If they win we will have problems.

Deja vu 😱😂