IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Thur 17 March

dunlopp9987

13 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

No Matchday thread yet but changes for Watford

DCL for Gray, DVB(if recovered) for Allan, and probably start Gomes for Doucoure.  Doucoure didn't look up to it (energy wise) today and turnaround might be too short.

Otherwise hoping that feeling and spirit sticks with the rest of the team.

Doh! Forgot about the FA cup and Watford postponement.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don't fucking tell me these players don't care. They might not be good enough but it's absolute bollocks that they don't care.

I think they need to be reminded why they should care. When they remember it’s all good….  They will drop again before the season is over but let’s see how they respond to this win. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think they need to be reminded why they should care. When they remember it’s all good….  They will drop again before the season is over but let’s see how they respond to this win. 

If you had supporters like that pushing you on you would be able to climb the highest mountains swim the widest oceans you wouldn’t be allowed to do anything else but care, then add a little ability to the passion and you score, football is quite simple really and when you have supporters like ours it’s even simpler. 

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If you had supporters like that pushing you on you would be able to climb the highest mountains swim the widest oceans you wouldn’t be allowed to do anything else but care, then add a little ability to the passion and you score, football is quite simple really and when you have supporters like ours it’s even simpler. 

Exactly this.

Lampard is Mr Chelsea but you can tell the passion of our fans has properly got him. How does that happen?  It happens because of what Alan Ball said, he scored a goal and felt something….it came from the fans.

the biggest mercenaries in football couldn’t fail to be taken in by our crowd.   The problem is that there are moments where the nature of the game subdues the fans and this feeds to the players and a vicious circle starts.

that’s why I was made up Gordon pushed the Newcastle defender. Roy Keane if the game was fizzling away and the crowd were quiet would throw in a heavy tackle. You need events from the players to get the crowd invested. 

the players cared because they also felt that the ref was stealing the game from us.  They need to summon up this passion from within as with external factors going their way they can be very half arsed. 

I missed the game last night, went to a concert, saw the match blog up to 30 mins and it read like we were under a lot of pressure. Had to turn phone off, turned it back on at the end of the concert 9.50, phone refreshed and showed 1-0 at 90+7, weve won! feck no the games still on, anxious minutes spent refreshing feed, felt worse than being there.

Picked my lad up on way home and he filled me in on all the excitement !

We really need to use this a platform and build, a result on Sunday and onwards COYB.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

It was amazing to be a part of it, Mike.

I knew we'd win but it was unbelievably stressful, and when we scored and the final whistle went it was an explosion of emotion and relief. I'm not much of an emotional person on the whole but my hands were shaking towards the end of the game and I ended up injuring myself during the celebrations :lol:.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was amazing to be a part of it, Mike.

I knew we'd win but it was unbelievably stressful, and when we scored and the final whistle went it was an explosion of emotion and relief. I'm not much of an emotional person on the whole but my hands were shaking towards the end of the game and I ended up injuring myself during the celebrations :lol:.

Josh lost his shit when Allan was sent off and went upstairs so wasn't watching, when we scored I was just banging on furniture and the walls....not being in a position to shout:P.

His first reaction was, "Is VAR looking at it?" Great moment, wish I'd been there.