IGNORED

Beto

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think you would call that a pretty good window on paper if Beto signs. It has addressed the areas we needed most. Yes it would have been better had the signings sooner but it is exactly what was required (within reason).

Agreed. If I'm picking nits, would've loved an upgrade at center half, but we addressed our biggest weakness

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Agreed. If I'm picking nits, would've loved an upgrade at center half, but we addressed our biggest weakness

I agree but we have 4 already and we would need to shift one of them which I dont see happening given their profile (bar Branthwaite who we would want to keep and develop). 

The problem is, I think the main three will all be really hard to shift because of their wages.

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree but we have 4 already and we would need to shift one of them which I dont see happening given their profile (bar Branthwaite who we would want to keep and develop). 

The problem is, I think the main three will all be really hard to shift because of their wages.

I think we will get a CB on loan 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

We'll be over stocked with wingers in that case. If we've got Beto in, then attacking wise I think we're fine with 3 (presumed) starters coming back from injury. I don't see the point in this one 

We were after Gnonto, which would have made four. With our current injury crisis, I wouldn't bank on everyone being available! The ability to change things from the bench is also something we don't have. If we can get a deal like the Beto one - payment next year - I'd be very much for it. Sulemana's pace would complement Beto perfectly on the counter.  

21 minutes ago, Formby said:

We were after Gnonto, which would have made four. With out current injury crisis, I wouldn't bank on everyone being available! The ability to change things things from the bench is also something we don't have. If we can get a deal like the Beto one - payment next year - I'd be very much for it. Sulemana's pace would complement Beto perfectly on the counter.  

True but we also need to keep the wage balance down too. Those costs start day 1, as well as the signing on and agent fees

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

True but we also need to keep the wage balance down too. Those costs start day 1, as well as the signing on and agent fees

Does anyone have a figure for our wage balance compared to last season or the season before? Surely after shifting a few of our higher earners we are looking a lot better.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Does anyone have a figure for our wage balance compared to last season or the season before? Surely after shifting a few of our higher earners we are looking a lot better.

Last season our wages bill was the highest in the league based on turnover, some reports said it actually exceeded 90% of our turnover. That is the product of club been poorly run by idiots. I remember when Brands came in his remit was to trim the squad and cut wages from then a crippling 82% of turnover, that turned into a huge failure he couldn’t shift players and he brought in more players than any other DoF that’s wages exceeded 100K or more.  Possibly to early to put a figure on this season but when it’s finished and all the figures have been adjusted we will still probably be the highest in the league and in the mid-high 80% of turnover. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

He’s not played as much as the rest of them. Might take another couple of weeks before he’s fit for 90 minutes. 

At least we don’t have to take him at the end of the loan I’m sure we will know then if he’s good enough. 
so far he’s missed 2 gilt edge chances even though 1 would have been offside. 

57 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Fulham we’re the highest on 98% 

We we’re level with Palace on 95%

Spurs we’re the lowest on 57%

While the majority of the premier league were around 75%

Don't know how we are comparing this season. I’m hoping we have brought it down a bit.

This is why the stadium is a game changer for us… we just need to get there.

The stadium brings so much more money - naming rights, bigger/ sponsors, other no footballing event income, much more matchday income. All this, as long as we’re not reckless the other way e.g offering too many players huge contracts, brings down those percentages. The loss of MSP and Megafon has had a massive negative impact on our finances.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

This is why the stadium is a game changer for us… we just need to get there.

The stadium brings so much more money - naming rights, bigger/ sponsors, other no footballing event income, much more matchday income. All this, as long as we’re not reckless the other way e.g offering too many players huge contracts, brings down those percentages. The loss of MSP and Megafon has had a massive negative impact on our finances.

Does it if its a completely separate company? 

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Does it if its a completely separate company? 

And that’s the reality the stadium will be making money for the investors and not the club, and to rub salt in the wounds we maybe even be contributing to their profits by paying rent or a lease agreement. I hope I’m wrong but things seem to be heading that way.  

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Exactly what I was thinking...plus the way it's being financed...I'm not sure that we'll see much of an uplift. As it stands anyway.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

And that’s the reality the stadium will be making money for the investors and not the club, and to rub salt in the wounds we maybe even be contributing to their profits by paying rent or a lease agreement. I hope I’m wrong but things seem to be heading that way.  

I'm sure we'll see something but it'll be the minority of the income until Moshiri has gotten most of his half billion back. 

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Naming rights etc. will all go towards steadying the ship at EFC… the stadium is useless tenantless… unless they have some other tenants lined up…

If the deals are done through the club company yes, I don't see how it works otherwise. But there's just that nagging doubt in my head that's saying it's not going to be that straightforward.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

If the deals are done through the club company yes, I don't see how it works otherwise. But there's just that nagging doubt in my head that's saying it's not going to be that straightforward.

I think its a well placed 'nag' born out of the way the club has been run these last 8 or so years.

What's going on everyone, I hope you had a good weekend. Here's a short video detailing everything you need to know about new signing Beto in 90 seconds for those interested. How Everton didn't win the 2 games at Goodison against Fulham and Wolves I do not know, and I believe this fella will put away at least half those chances that were missed. Do let me know what you think and feel free to ask me any questions you may have, cheers!