IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

28 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

A bit unfair, I'd say we were fortunate to get a manager who understands the Premier League and can operate on a relatively limited budget. When he came in, how many would have said that Everton was where they would want to be?

Why’s it unfair to say I don’t want to go down the same route as he took Burnley, I’m not questioning his position only time will tell if he’s the right man, and for the record I hope he is. I’m saying that I’m not happy with him trying to make us a copy of how he ran Burnley, because Burnley were a poor club when he was there and I don’t aspire to be another Burnley. 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’ve just watched the video now and after all that Palfy has complained I was expecting him to have mentioned Burnley every other minute :lol:.

What I said Rom was again we are doing and copying what he did at Burnley, since he’s been here he has always touted that he’s doing what he did at Burnley, I’m concerned that he thinks Burnley is the benchmark and that if it was good enough for Burnley then it’s good enough for us, like I said I personally don’t want to know about what he did at Burnley, I find it frightening that he is taking us down the same route as a poor PL team. 

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not been aware of that, can you cite examples?

One big one for me was when he referred to the ex Burnley players saying they know what the training is going to be like, the others will have to get used to it, or words similar to that. He’s said numerous times what we are doing here is no different to what we did at Burnley, and I have brought this up in the past. And I understand that some or many might not be concerned or even be comfortable with that sort of comparisons with Burnley but I’m not and don’t like it. As I said in an earlier post today I know he’s going to use training techniques and game play set ups that he used at Burnley, what I don’t want is for him to be saying is it’s what we did at Burnley, like Burnley are great example of how a team should play, I maybe in a minority of one on TT that feels this way, but it concerns me that we maybe trying to emulate Burnley. 

6 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

We were a basket case, Palfy, who do you think would have come here and, possibly, make better fist of it? Also, look who has gone before. 

I haven’t once said anywhere that I don’t want him here or he’s shit, I don’t like how he uses Burnley as a good example of how to do things, and that he compares what he did there with what he’s doing here, I personally find that disturbing on the basis Burnley were a poor team when he managed them and I don’t want Everton to be moulded in the Burnley way.  

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Look on the bright side Burnley Moor is coming along and looking real nice. We have a new signing coming in, Ben Mee or something like that.

Its not all doom and gloom Palf!

If he had the chance to implement them I’m sure we would have seen them by now, because that’s what he would have done at Burnley. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

You still hungover mate?

I am mate, Dyche’s really got to me over this everything Burnley references. I have this recurring nightmare that we will play in the image of the Burnley team he presided over for years, and that his Burnley team completely dismantled and rebuilt by Company in one season will come back into the PL and play far better than us. Argh I don’t want to be Burnley it scares the life out of me, please someone stop him copying his Burnley model which was a failed model and bringing it here, I don’t want him to use us to try and recreate another Burnley.  

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I am mate, Dyche’s really got to me over this everything Burnley references. I have this recurring nightmare that we will play in the image of the Burnley team he presided over for years, and that his Burnley team completely dismantled and rebuilt by Company in one season will come back into the PL and play far better than us. Argh I don’t want to be Burnley it scares the life out of me, please someone stop him copying his Burnley model which was a failed model and bringing it here, I don’t want him to use us to try and recreate another Burnley.  

No matter what way you look at it we will be better than Burnley we will have more money to spend even in our situation. 
Burnley are already under FFP restrictions. 
if we survive this season it’s all systems go in our new stadium. 
I think you are underestimating Dyche 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

A failed method? Considering their issues during his time there, he excelled. He was their Moyes; poor squad with no money unless selling the best players but got that small, less talented squad to qualify for Europe. It didn't end well obviously but that's not down to the manager necessarily, I'd say its down to mismanagement of the squad recruitment and sales.

I think it far to early to be pre judging Dyche as simply turning us in to Burnley. He is bound to reference Burnley plenty as that is where the lions share of his experience has been. you can only really reference what you know.

From what I understand of Dyche his interest in any single game is playing a way or style that give what he thinks will be the best way to extract as many points as he can from any given game with the players he has. At the moment this is very much where we are as a club. Our first and foremost goal is simply getting enough point to survive. next season is not going to be much different.

I thought Dyche had a near impossible task of keeping us up when he came in to the shambles he did at the end of January. So by hook or buy crook, he has passed his first test as the Everton manager. It was never going to be pretty. 

Over the past two years there have been 15-16 better teams than us in the Premiership, the league has consistently shown this. As a club, we don't seem to have either the budget or gravitas to bring in the best quality players at this moment in time. I don't see a wave of top quality players coming in during this transfer window. 

If we have a season of grinding out a slightly better ratio of points (nicking the odd win over draws and draw over defeats), with smattering of Arsenal and Brighton type victories over the course of the season I would probably take that now.

The Premier league is a very different animal this last 3-4years. There is a very fine line between battling for Europe and battling relegation. 

Brighton had a great year last year, but we hammered them 0-5 at their place - a blue print for other teams next year?.  Brentford equally had a great season, but they could both just as easily turn out to have 'West Ham' or 'Leicester City' type season next year. 

There is a lot wrong at he club at the moment, but really I don't see Dyche as to big an issue at the moment.

3 hours ago, patto said:

No matter what way you look at it we will be better than Burnley we will have more money to spend even in our situation. 
Burnley are already under FFP restrictions. 
if we survive this season it’s all systems go in our new stadium. 
I think you are underestimating Dyche 

I don’t feel I’m underestimating Dyche and I don’t want it to come across that way, I would say Dyche underestimates us is more the honest answer. He needs to forget Burnley get them out of his system and apply himself totally to us without the need to constantly reference Burnley when discussing us. Not to much to ask for from a staunch Everton supporter of just over 56 years, who doesn’t care about Burnley and what he was doing there. 

Palfy, I think he’s using the B ( afraid to say it in full 😱) reference to illustrate what he was able to do with what he has inherited, a small, mismatched squad, and little funds to add in the immediate future, he worked on small funds at club at didnt have a great pull, exactly where we’re at ATM. 
Job 1 done - retain PL status

Job 2 improve on what he’s been given and can get, let’s see how he gets on.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

A failed method? Considering their issues during his time there, he excelled. He was their Moyes; poor squad with no money unless selling the best players but got that small, less talented squad to qualify for Europe. It didn't end well obviously but that's not down to the manager necessarily, I'd say it’s down to mismanagement of the squad recruitment and sales.

I'm not sure of the setup when Dyche was at Burnley on how much say he had in transfers in or out, whether or not he had DofF dictating off field matters. And I wholeheartedly agree with you that he was managing under duress and immense pressure which led him to find a style and brand of football to stay alive. That time and place is history now, he’s at far better club in us with far greater potential, so he needs to change his mind set from what he was doing at Burnley and find a better path for us instead of leading us down the Burnley route.  If he can’t let go of his time at Burnley my fears are we won’t improve and he won’t last the season out.  

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'm not sure of the setup when Dyche was at Burnley on how much say he had in transfers in or out, whether or not he had DofF dictating off field matters. And I wholeheartedly agree with you that he was managing under duress and immense pressure which led him to find a style and brand of football to stay alive. That time and place is history now, he’s at far better club in us with far greater potential, so he needs to change his mind set from what he was doing at Burnley and find a better path for us instead of leading us down the Burnley route.  If he can’t let go of his time at Burnley my fears are we won’t improve and he won’t last the season out.  

Have you considered that were currently in the same state as Burnley back then and as such his proven methods are exactly what we need to steady the ship before we go out on the ocean again?

I've really no issue with Dyche. Good manager for the predicament we are in. did a great job in very challenging circumstances and deserves credit for that.

I do think we need to cool our jets in anointing him the saviour to all our ills (E.g. lots of "he's just the manager we need to get the most out of X"). we've said that about most new managers - and we've had a few - we've suffered for so long at manager and DoF positions we tend to have rose tinted glasses when it comes to the next one - let's just wait and see how things play out.  

• 5 weeks later...

He did a fantastic job last season & deserves some respect for that.

However, he is in a horrible position. We’ve seen 2 CB’s leave who whilst it’s debatable how much of an impact they would have had, were 2 of our 3 best CB’s last year. We desperately need a CB.

He needed more support from the board who instead created a fiasco at the start of the transfer window & we still need realistically 3-4 players in. 

Just now, Goodison Glory said:

At least in his post match interview he didn't try and gloss over it. Basically said we were shite. 

Let’s be honest if he tried to gloss over that in any way he would have made himself look a proper dick. I felt he was very restrained in what he said, he must be fuming he was totally let down and embarrassed by his players, as the club and the fans were. You very rarely see our away supporters leave in droves before the end of a game like we saw yesterday, hopefully Dyche doesn’t lose the support of the supporters or things are going to get very difficult.  

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Let’s be honest if he tried to gloss over that in any way he would have made himself look a proper dick. I felt he was very restrained in what he said, he must be fuming he was totally let down and embarrassed by his players, as the club and the fans were. You very rarely see our away supporters leave in droves before the end of a game like we saw yesterday, hopefully Dyche doesn’t lose the support of the supporters or things are going to get very difficult.  

Many would try to gloss over though, particularly the one who was here two years ago.