IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

Holgate should have left years ago. The only attribute in his locker was chewing gum and dossing about. He looked like a real prospect when he signed for us but as time went on the worse he became. 

Good business to get him out the door, can stink out Southampton's dressing room instead. 

I'd ideally like us to move on Keane too, but I think Dyche would rather chain himself to the gates of Finch Farm than let his best mate go.

Hopefully the rumours are true and we've nailed down that fee for Beto...otherwise I'd fear us being bent over and fucked hard. Clubs will know we really need that front man after today!

Be interesting to see if we still go after Adams and/or another wideman.

If we get Beto and Gnotto, fair play.

Those goals (and points!) will come.

16 hours ago, Matt said:

"Beto scored goals in Serie A, but that has become a difficult league to judge the prolificacy of forwards in the Premier League and he was signed for roughly £5m a year ago. Chermiti is likely to need plenty of time to settle at just 19. Quite how Everton – who we are repeatedly told can afford nobody – have spent £42m on two Portuguese forwards, neither of whom have been capped by their country, is unclear. But this really needs to work."

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

"Beto scored goals in Serie A, but that has become a difficult league to judge the prolificacy of forwards in the Premier League and he was signed for roughly £5m a year ago. Chermiti is likely to need plenty of time to settle at just 19. Quite how Everton – who we are repeatedly told can afford nobody – have spent £42m on two Portuguese forwards, neither of whom have been capped by their country, is unclear. But this really needs to work."

I think it's obvious how we've managed it...we are not paying anything this year for either of them. 

5 hours ago, Harv said:

Good point.

I think £42m on someone with a proven record would have been the way to go.

You need to tell me who the £42m striker with the proven record is…..

my understanding of strikers is that any proven premier league goalscorer of quality will not get you much change out of £70m. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

You need to tell me who the £42m striker with the proven record is…..

my understanding of strikers is that any proven premier league goalscorer of quality will not get you much change out of £70m. 

Sorry Hafina, I can’t come up with a name.

Just thinking a £42m lifeboat may prove safer than two cheaper prototypes. Let’s just hope we can survive with what ever permutation the club comes up with.

10 hours ago, Harv said:

Sorry Hafina, I can’t come up with a name.

Just thinking a £42m lifeboat may prove safer than two cheaper prototypes. Let’s just hope we can survive with what ever permutation the club comes up with.

I wasn’t being difficult, it’s a question I asked myself.  

the striker market is notoriously fickle.  Buy unknown potential for £20m, buy a decent 31 year old on his last contract for £40m and have no sell on, or buy proven quality for £80m plus - who wouldn’t come to us anyway. 

49 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Dare I say this window is shaping up....?

Certainly needed them in sooner and uninjured would have been nice... 

But I feared we would once again not sign a striker and now we have gone and got two! 

Yet to be seen how they will do but they both have two legs and are alive so that better than nothing!

So do I but you wouldn't want me on the pitch (in spite of that glorious action shot I've got as my avatar :lol:)

16 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Pluss all his wages, which I read - don't quote me - were in the region of 265,000 / week.  We simply don't have that. 

I’m surprised he hasn’t been linked with a club in the Saudi league they would be able to afford those sort of wages, and don’t think anyone in Europe would be willing to pay that each week for him.