IGNORED

Bournemouth 28th May Home

Matt

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Anyone fancy a meet up? I will be going for the pre-game mania then to the nearest toilet for the game so I can vomit freely. 

If I can get a ticket, I'll be there.

Looked yesterday, no chance.

Not sure why I've left it so late to think about 🙈

If Leicester lose today then we will only need a draw against Bournemouth unless Leeds can beat Spurs by 3 goals. As strange as this may sound I would much prefer that we needed to win to guarantee safety, I just think psychologically thinking that a draw will be enough could take the edge off our game which could give Bournemouth the upper hand. In my head we need to go out there all guns blazing for the win and don’t let them get into their stride, but knowing we may only need a draw could effect our mentality and we drop into defensive mindset which would be 90 minutes of pure hell hiding 🙈 my eyes behind my hands. I definitely believe we have what is required to beat Bournemouth and we are going to win, just need all the players and fans to feel the same and the strength in our belief will see us winning. 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I do also think there's going to be some extra motivation to put right the back to back embarrassing defeats against them earlier in the season. Obviously the big motivator should be survival, but it doesn't hurt to have that added layer in there

How about:

Dyche (as Aragorn): 'Right, lads. I see in your eyes the same fear of relegation that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Evertonians fails, when we forsake our fans and break all bonds of fellowship with them, but it is not this day. An hour of Wolves and shitting the bed when the age of Everton comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good turf, I bid you stand and play Bournemouth, Men of the North West!'

An early goal will be huge.

Hopefully Mykolenko and DCL will be back to feature, the latter fingers crossed will be fit for a start. I know we've been guilty of rushing him back, but I think for this game we have to take the risk.

Watching the game last night had me like I was watching Everton, celebrating everything that went Newcastle's way. How they didn't win is beyond me. Fortunately our hopes are pinned on a home game, I would be very concerned if we were away.

I'm really not looking forward to this weekend, going to be anxious all the way up to Sunday evening. Everything is crossed we have something to celebrate at the end of it.

4 hours ago, RPG said:

If we win, we stay up,

But if we draw, Leicester don't win and Leeds lose, draw or even win by less than 3 goals, we also stay up.

Maybe all three teams will have the same result (win, lose or draw) and we would also stay up. We can also afford to lose and have the other teams draw.

But I prefer Romey's suggestion:

"fucking win"

The only thing we need to do is win, regardless of what anyone else does, that has to be our aim. i don't want to be looking at any other results, its in our hands.

3 hours ago, Tonsta said:

The only thing we need to do is win, regardless of what anyone else does, that has to be our aim. i don't want to be looking at any other results, its in our hands.

This.

Anything but a win and our game could finish whilst the other two are in stoppage time and a late goal could scupper any perceived survival.

18 minutes ago, RPG said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/05/24/everton-defender-vitalii-mykolenkohas-muscle-issue-may-miss-bournemouth-clash-injury-expert/

Having re read the article, it basically says 'he may miss the game - or he may be fit!' - which makes the article worthless. Fingers crossed.

Well he's back in training so I think it's more likely he plays than not.

7 hours ago, RPG said:

So, it looks almost certain now that DCL, Mykolenko and Patterson will be unfit.

I think a 3-5-2 represents best utilisation of our fit and available playing resources.

Pickford

Mina  Tarkowski  Coady

Iwobi  Doucoure  Gueye  Garner  McNeil

Simms  Gray

Alternatively: 3-1-4-1-1

Pickford

Mina Tarkowski  Coady

Gueye

Iwobi Garner  Onana  McNeil

Doucoure

Simms

The 3-5-2 option looks the best to me.

Very worried Dyche will play Maupay, though. 

11 hours ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

I'm annoyingly going to be in the air from just before kick off, landing just after final whistle. Probably for the best 🤮

I'm gonna be unavailable from kickoff and then for the next 6 hours, so will be coming home and watching after that. A horrible way to spend a Sunday afternoon

58 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm gonna be unavailable from kickoff and then for the next 6 hours, so will be coming home and watching after that. A horrible way to spend a Sunday afternoon

Let me know if you want updates mate