IGNORED

Fulham 12th August (Home)

Matt

14 minutes ago, RPG said:

The improvement I saw was that we did, at least, create chances. But until DCL is back and we get the new guys (plus a couple more) integrated into the team we are going to continue losing games by the odd goal which, in fact, we should win by two or three goals. I think we are moving in the right direction but it is painfully, painfully slow progress.

In my honest opinion, and based on the evidence of the last couple of seasons, we really do need to get DCL out of our minds.

It will be criminal if, just like in January and before, we don't get an out an out striker who can play into our system.

Created loads of chances and really should have scored, even with Maupay on. The chances were easy ones.

Gana is going to be a massive miss when he’s gone. Controlled everything today and a clear MotM.

I love Garner, but actually thought he was very safe today. Wasted out wide. Composed on the ball, but very safe.

We actually played very well. We just suffered from not being able to finish.

Just got home, and I'm quite happy despite the result. Had a goal taken away from us, the ref was appalling and had no control over the game. Could've been 4 up at the break if not for their keeper and a lack of composure. Fans around me were groaning and shouting abuse after 30 minutes in some parts which was sad to see. 

Defensively we seemed to nullify them well and for all their possession they did nothing with it (shitty taka at its finest).

Garner should've stayed on and moved inside so we could've had 2 CMs, because Onana was utterly shambolic bar 2-3 good passes. So lazy and uninterested.

Thought Maupay worked hard and was denied 2 goals by their keeper closing down really fast. 

If we have a finisher, we win that by 4 goals. Still wasn't good enough overall but I saw a lot of positives. 

Really frustrating start, lots of chances but no points. Feels like -3 points.

Just hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us, come the end of the season. Am I the only one who wakes up on a Sunday morning after losing on Saturday and my first thought is “we lost”.

39 minutes ago, Harv said:

Really frustrating start, lots of chances but no points. Feels like -3 points.

Just hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us, come the end of the season. Am I the only one who wakes up on a Sunday morning after losing on Saturday and my first thought is “we lost”.

Yeah I'm a proper moody prick the day after a loss. 1. because we lost, 2. because i get up at midnight for the game on already limited sleep.

In all honesty though we were more dangerous than I thought we would be. Criminal goal to concede, one that you would expect to concede at 2-0 down in the last 5 minutes.

I thought we had a few good performances though.

Iwobi looked rapid and carried the ball well. He had a good game so hopefully he continues.
Garner is a little gem but he would be much more influential in the middle.
Keane & Tarks did pretty well for the most part & Young is steady.

Doucoure needs to be looked at though. Lots of energy and gets about but he kills us on the ball, especially when we dont see a lot of it.

We all know we need a goal scorer or two. So a reasonable performance but no end produce at least help focus those minds in this final two weeks of the transfer window. Everton haven't have another senior striker they can put on the pitch when DCL is not available. Three very attainable points dropped by not having one in the building. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

After this first game, I'm not really too worried. It's obvious to everyone that we need a recognized striker, and that's where all our recruitment initiatives are focused.

They have been for years without success, I personally think we should be worried unless of course you know something that I don’t which is a nailed on guarantee in the next couple of weeks, and if you don’t be worried 😉

emm, just seen MotD. Disallowed goal pretty much cost us the 3 points yesterday. Confident we would have seen that game out if we'd have had the upper hand. 

When a team is struggling to score goals has one disallowed, its going to make it hard.

If that is a indication of how we will play this season, I think it will turn out better than the last two. 

10 hours ago, Harv said:

Am I the only one who wakes up on a Sunday morning after losing on Saturday and my first thought is “we lost”.

No !

Yesterday was really frustrating, it was a game we should have won, and quite comfortably, unfortunately for us Leno played a blinder keeping Doucoure, Maupay and Iwobi from scoring, Patterson should have done better with his chance that hit the bar.

I still can’t see anything wrong with the disallowed goal, Leno got that all wrong for me, referee was shocking. Another day and we would have had the 3 points, let’s hope it doesn’t repeat itself.

The referee (I fucking hate Atwell) actually cost us twice over with the disallowed goal. Not only because he disallowed a perfectly good goal but also because he blew his whistle for the foul before Keane put the ball in the net (despite the fact that he's supposed to let the incident play out to it's conclusion first) it then meant that VAR couldn't get involved.

We should have been out of sight in the first half we created great chances, but not surprisingly we never converted, it’s been our Achilles heel for the last two seasons why it would be different this season playing the same team is beyond me. Without wishing to appear unrealistic we’ve got two and half weeks left to get someone in to put the finishing touch to all our good work. Consistency is so important for the last two years we have definitely been consistently shite in front of goal, to change that position you have to make changes to effect it yesterday’s game showed once again we haven’t made those changes or adjustments. Bar Young that team was last season’s team and we managed to dominate the first half and should have gone in 2-3 up but because we didn’t change again our biggest problem of the last two years we lose the game. Am I wrong in believing that we should have thrown every penny we had at bringing a striker in who’s ready to come in and put away the undoubtedly stonewall chances we created. Sorry for being an unrealistic fan.