IGNORED

Nottingham Forest (Home) 21st April

Romey 1878

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I’m so glad you were very wrong. I’m sure you are, too. 

Delighted I'm wrong.  Not been able to bring my stress levels down. Not sure if there was sarcasm in that but many true Evertonians are struggling to see the shoots of optimism that maybe less emotionally invested fans are. The type who dip their toes in - so to speak.  I'm sure you are absolutely fine and relaxed about it as much as I'm relaxed about the dychy of Cornwall bollocks that seems to get your goat. 

Like I said when people were getting carried away by dyche - shake hands, thanks, goodbye in the summer.

nothing has changed in my book. We are light years off where we should be with our players.  We need a coach. 

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As horrible as it was games like the Chelsea can happen, which is why I didn't subscribe the the opinion that that game showed the manager has lost the players like some had. However, if we'd put in another abject showing like that again today then I would definitely have started to lean more in that direction. If you can't get up after a roasting like that and show what you're about then it's a lost cause.

Fortunately, the players did respond and they didn't look like a set of players that have give up on the manager. They fought hard for everything, just like they did against Burnley.

I thought there was more quality and cohesion to our play than there was against Burnley though. That was a slog and a half but we had some really good passages of play today where we created openings, and I thought we were the better team on the whole.

Agree totally, I was desperately hoping for a reaction to the Chelsea game - another lackluster performance today and I would really have been fearing the worst - i.e maybe Dyche had lost the dressing room and players losing heart. However, the players did react positivley.

Gana totallty put Onana to shame today. I know they are not the same type of players, but all players can give 100% when they get on that pitch and lead by example - Onana frustrates on that front, and will be happy enough to see him move on in the summer especially if any sort of reasonable profit can be made.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Delighted I'm wrong.  Not been able to bring my stress levels down. Not sure if there was sarcasm in that but many true Evertonians are struggling to see the shoots of optimism that maybe less emotionally invested fans are. The type who dip their toes in - so to speak.  I'm sure you are absolutely fine and relaxed about it as much as I'm relaxed about the dychy of Cornwall bollocks that seems to get your goat. 

Like I said when people were getting carried away by dyche - shake hands, thanks, goodbye in the summer.

nothing has changed in my book. We are light years off where we should be with our players.  We need a coach. 

Just for the record, there was no sarcasm intended whatsoever. What I wrote, I meant quite literally - and thank you for recognizing that and taking it that way.

Just saw a replay of the Beto injury and McNeil's reaction, then cuts to Dyche telling him to calm down.

Not a fan of that at all. Was just up close with what I'm assuming was a very traumatic thing to see, telling someone to calm down is not the way to go about things

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just saw a replay of the Beto injury and McNeil's reaction, then cuts to Dyche telling him to calm down.

Not a fan of that at all. Was just up close with what I'm assuming was a very traumatic thing to see, telling someone to calm down is not the way to go about things

I think that’s exactly the manager & the senior players role in those moments. It’s very distressing to see a team mate injured in that sense but there is still a job to do & focus required.

Re watching the highlights and having a laugh as Gana scored. I said last as he it came out to him “don’t you even dare you gimp leg fuck” only for him to plant it in the bottom corner 😂😂

• Everton have picked up six points in their last three Premier League matches (W2 L1), as many as they did in their previous 13 games combined (D6 L7).

• Since the start of last season, Nottingham Forest have lost more Premier League away games than any other side (24), picking up 12 fewer away points than any other ever-present side in that time (18).

• Each of Everton’s last three Premier League goals have been scored from outside the box (Calvert-Lewin vs Burnley, Gueye & McNeil today) – before today only three of their last 40 goals had come from outside the area.

• All 17 of Dwight McNeil’s Premier League goals have been scored with his left-foot – only Stuart Pearce has ever scored more left-footed goals in Premier League history (20).

• Only the bottom three sides have recorded fewer Premier League clean sheets this season than Nottingham Forest (4). Goalkeeper Matz Sels has just one clean sheet in his 12 appearances so far.

There are lots of strong words about Forest's tweet concerning not been given a penelty or three yesterday. Pretty much all commentary is saying that they have really embarressing themselves with the club itself branding an individual an outright cheat. 

As shit as it is when desisions go against you, you can't have clubs coming out every week making all sorts of public formal allegations and essentially threats (even if hollow)

Could Forest be charged with bring the game in to disripute for calling the game official cheats? Does pulling a stunt like this help or hinder their appeals to the points deduction?

Irony is how Forest where lauded for being such a helpful and co-operative club - for which they received a generouse 33% reduction in their points deduction. They have not been particulay helpful since that decision. 

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

There are lots of strong words about Forest's tweet concerning not been given a penelty or three yesterday. Pretty much all commentary is saying that they have really embarressing themselves with the club itself branding an individual an outright cheat. 

As shit as it is when desisions go against you, you can't have clubs coming out every week making all sorts of public formal allegations and essentially threats (even if hollow)

Could Forest be charged with bring the game in to disripute for calling the game official cheats? Does pulling a stunt like this help or hinder their appeals to the points deduction?

Irony is how Forest where lauded for being such a helpful and co-operative club - for which they received a generouse 33% reduction in their points deduction. They have not been particulay helpful since that decision. 

The kopites have done this, Arsenal too I heard, but nothing really was made of it for very long. So naturally they'll get a fine.

51 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

The thing is, only one of the penalties was stonewall - the third one (really don't know how we got away with that one!). The other two are 50/50 and if they were given on the pitch then VAR wouldn't have overturned them. So because they weren't given on the pitch they were never going to be given off the pitch by VAR.

They've gone way over the top with the criticism and I do hope they get some sort of punishment.

We know the league is bent - just our luck that Forest are making the fight using examples vs us! We have been absolutely shafted by bad decisions and could put a 10 minute tape together.

if I was a forest fan I'd be thinking "we ain't getting any of those 4 points back" 

masters and his cronies will be very angry today.  We know they don't like people standing up to them.  BTW Liverpool kicked all this off with their reaction to hooper

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Everton have picked up six points in their last three Premier League matches (W2 L1), as many as they did in their previous 13 games combined (D6 L7).

• Since the start of last season, Nottingham Forest have lost more Premier League away games than any other side (24), picking up 12 fewer away points than any other ever-present side in that time (18).

• Each of Everton’s last three Premier League goals have been scored from outside the box (Calvert-Lewin vs Burnley, Gueye & McNeil today) – before today only three of their last 40 goals had come from outside the area.

• All 17 of Dwight McNeil’s Premier League goals have been scored with his left-foot – only Stuart Pearce has ever scored more left-footed goals in Premier League history (20).

• Only the bottom three sides have recorded fewer Premier League clean sheets this season than Nottingham Forest (4). Goalkeeper Matz Sels has just one clean sheet in his 12 appearances so far.

Left foot goals I had to look up.

Dont know the stats regarding which foot but Ryan Giggs scored a few and he had no right foot. 

Sorry for not reading all the comments before posting my thoughts. A lot of this is probably redundant.

• Branthwaite is immense. Our best defender in the past decade or more. Since Leighton and Seamus were flying down the wings years ago. 
  • For what feels like the first time ever we were extremely fortunate with VAR. The hand ball is a stonewall pen. You could also make a case for both fouls. 
  • Which leads me to: Ashley Young is going to give me an ulcer. He's a pen and/or red card waiting to happen in every game. 
  • We're still dreadful. I've seen better passing at a U12 game in upstate New York.