Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Richarlison

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger deal made of his head movement towards the end of the game. 

He's a little too dramatic for me sometimes, and fiery in the wrong way. No doubt he's a very good talent but he needs to learn to manage his emotions better if he wants to excel

he's 21 matt, he's still a kid.  he is growing.

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's 21 matt, he's still a kid.  he is growing.

Oh I know, which is why I want him to start so he can learn and improve. Concerns are still valid though

8 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

I think it's time to move him back out to the wing, it doesn't seem to be working as well and don't think he's quite ready to play in the middle. 

He looked his best (in the Derby) taking the ball out on the left and we often lost it trying to go through him when in the middle. 

I'd rather play him too his strength and relieve some of the added pressure on him, even if it means we've got to Bench a preferred player to bring on a CF.  Maybe play him through the middle on a opponent/case by case basis.

I agree 100%, he has so much ability but it's not best suited to playing CF, he doesn't win enough of the upfield clearances with his head, DCL ( who may not be everyone's choice) came on yesterday and won the ones he got involved in, also if DCL was used as the striker, he can play OK out wide giving the opportunity of switching them around to unsettle the opposition.

Decembers a long month with a lot of games, we need to use the squad to avoid injuries etc.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh I know, which is why I want him to start so he can learn and improve. Concerns are still valid though

not really for me, he's brazilian and it's a part of their football culture and he's young, give him a couple more years and he will improve.  now i don't think he will never play act again, but i think it will lessen as time goes on.

39 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Its far better than anythig else we have upfront and he adds so much more to the team than the others. It may not be his best position but he is the best man for the job. 

Don't agree (so far).  Think he's been the 3rd best we have at that role, but he's the best we have on the left.

20 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Don't agree (so far).  Think he's been the 3rd best we have at that role, but he's the best we have on the left.

In what way do you think the other 2 (presumably Cenk and DCL) are better?

I agree with Bailey tbh 

Although I'd like to see him back on the wing where he is better imo I just don't see Cenk suiting the style that Marco wants and DCL just isn'tt at that standard we need ATM 

It's that interchangeable front three he's going for or at least seems to be, a player like Lozano would be absolutely ideal for that role 

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

In what way do you think the other 2 (presumably Cenk and DCL) are better?

Playing as a hold up Centre Forward, allowing the team an outlet through the middle, with their back to goal.  Winning headers against a CB.

No doubt Richarlison is the better player overall, just think he's at hid best running at the defense, getting down the line, and coming in off the left. 

Trying to hold off 1/2 CB's and play in the wingers/Gylfi isn'tt a strength of his.  He was called on to do it a number of times in the Derby, pretty sure he lost out every time except for a couple of frees.

22 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Playing as a hold up Centre Forward, allowing the team an outlet through the middle, with their back to goal.  Winning headers against a CB.

No doubt Richarlison is the better player overall, just think he's at hid best running at the defense, getting down the line, and coming in off the left. 

Trying to hold off 1/2 CB's and play in the wingers/Gylfi isn'ttt a strength of his.  He was called on to do it a number of times in the Derby, pretty sure he lost out every time except for a couple of frees.

I dont disagree at what he is best doing (if that sentence even makes sense) however I think that compared to DCL and Cenk he is far more important to the team. He is more mobile and equally adept at holding the ball up as both DCL and Cenk, he is more athletic than the latter, his movement is better and because of the former (and linked to his intelligence) he is a better defensive forward which showed with two big tackles in the derby. 

Cenk is the best finisher but he wasnt firing when he was dropped and his lack of pace meant that he wasnt as much of a force on the counter as Richie. I dont think it is a co-incidence that the team has improved a lot since he moved up front.

Dont get me wrong though, he isn'tt perfect up there. I think he tries to do too much instead of playing a simple ball like Cenk. He isnt an instinctve forward either but that can improve.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

and equally adept at holding the ball up as both DCL and Cenk

That's what I just haven't seen, although admittedly missed a couple of games.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think it is a co-incidence that the team has improved a lot since he moved up front

A fair point.  Although it also coincides with the additions of Gomes and Digne (+ Bernard), as well as a tightening of the backline and general gelling of the team.  I feel like the greatest improvement has come from defense and midfield so far.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

he isn'ttt

Happens to you as well?

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

He’s not a striker- can’t wait until we buy a top class striker ( at last) and move him back where he is best.

Someone like an Arnautovic would be ideal to get the best out of him. 

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

He’s not a striker- can’t wait until we buy a top class striker ( at last) and move him back where he is best.

Henry's on his way, DC-L will continue to improve, and Cenk will regain form. Personally, I'd not be in any rush to buy a striker. 

On 03/12/2018 at 21:18, Bailey said:

Its far better than anythig else we have upfront and he adds so much more to the team than the others. It may not be his best position but he is the best man for the job. 

Agree.

He works so hard to top and holds the ball up really well. He is also pretty good in the air.

I don’t think his best position is up too, but he is the best we have up there at the minute.

DCL is very skilful player and has a good turn of pace, but he needs more strength to really acel up there.

Cenk is a great finisher and works hard, but he really lacks the pace for this league. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Agree.

He works so hard to top and holds the ball up really well. He is also pretty good in the air.

I don’t think his best position is up too, but he is the best we have up there at the minute.

DCL is very skilful player and has a good turn of pace, but he needs more strength to really acel up there.

Cenk is a great finisher and works hard, but he really lacks the pace for this league. 

I think his strength and his heading are his 2 biggest assets. If he has to improve on anything, it's his finishing. If he  can do that, he'll be the perfect striker

Just now, Matt said:

I think his strength and his heading are his 2 biggest assets. If he has to improve on anything, it's his finishing. If he  can do that, he'll be the perfect striker

I think he will Matt. Finishing gets better in time. And it’s not like he is shinning it to the stands. He ain’t far off from being a decent finisher. Long way from a good finisher though.... if that makes sense.

I think he will become a very good goal scorer in the premier league.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I think he will Matt. Finishing gets better in time. And it’s not like he is shinning it to the stands. He ain’t far off from being a decent finisher. Long way from a good finisher though.... if that makes sense.

I think he will become a very good goal scorer in the premier league.

Everything improves with experience, but his finishing is well below the standard of a striker in my opinion and it's going to take a while for that to get to the level I'd expect. That said, Kane when he was younger couldn't shoot for shit in the games I saw him play in the England u21s and he turned out alright, maybe DCL is just a later bloomer in terms of finishing.

If we could merge DCL and Cenk, we'd be set!

On 05/12/2018 at 11:53, Cornish Steve said:

Henry's on his way, DC-L will continue to improve, and Cenk will regain form. Personally, I'd not be in any rush to buy a striker. 

You’re probably the only one that sees it like that.

On 06/12/2018 at 09:28, Paddock said:

You’re probably the only one that sees it like that.

Wouldn't be the first time. :)

If you had sufficient funds to either sign Gomes or spend on another striker, which would it be? These are the types of decisions we have to take, because budget is not infinite. I'd say sign Gomes and take the risk on two of the brightest young striker prospects in sight (viz. Henry and DC-L). Sure, it may not work out, but this is the trade-off I'd make.

12 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Wouldn't be the first time. :)

If you had sufficient funds to either sign Gomes or spend on another striker, which would it be? These are the types of decisions we have to take, because budget is not infinite. I'd say sign Gomes and take the risk on two of the brightest young striker prospects in sight (viz. Henry and DC-L). Sure, it may not work out, but this is the trade-off I'd make.

They are not 2 of the brightest young prospects about Steve, that’s the whole point. Offload Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun and a couple of others pay the money for Gomez and buy a top class striker otherwise we stay with the also rans- No doubt about it.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

They are not 2 of the brightest young prospects about Steve, that’s the whole point. Offload Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun and a couple of others pay the money for Gomez and buy a top class striker otherwise we stay with the also rans- No doubt about it.

Exactly that I don't see many other teams with aspirations of  being one of the top teams in the league with as poor forwards as us not including Richarlison who is a make shift

44 minutes ago, hafnia said:

We should sell schneiderlein, bolassie, niasse, maybe tosun... that's £60m+ there. 

That takes care of Gomes, we also need a right back as well as a striker. 

It's the saving on wages as well that will help us move forward.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

We should sell schneiderlein, bolassie, niasse, maybe tosun... that's £60m+ there. 

That takes care of Gomes, we also need a right back as well as a striker. 

Bolasie niasse Schneiderlin all 29 going on 30, I don’t think we will get much for them. Maybe 8-10m a pop.  Tosun let’s hope we can get 20m for him.  That’s 50m right there.  Sell McCarthy another 12m or so.  That should be Gomes and cover his wages.  

Transfer kitty to spend on rashford or icardi and then a RB.  That’s only 3 players in as lots out.  I think that would be enough.

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Bolasie niasse Schneiderlin all 29 going on 30, I don’t think we will get much for them. Maybe 8-10m a pop.  Tosun let’s hope we can get 20m for him.  That’s 50m right there.  Sell McCarthy another 12m or so.  That should be Gomes and cover his wages.  

Transfer kitty to spend on rashford or icardi and then a RB.  That’s only 3 players in as lots out.  I think that would be enough.

There is no point in selling McCarthy. His value will only increase to what it is now. We would get £8m for him. He proves himself he's a £20m player min.

Niasse £12m.... schneiderlein £15m,  bolassie £15m..... tosun £20m. In Jan the likes of Cardiff etc will pay it to even try and get survival. 

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

If we're looking for a proven Premier League striker, one's becoming available. 😎

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3721116/live-transfer-talk-romelu-lukaku-eyeing-manchester-united-exit-as-hes-tired-of-jose-mourinho

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

As much as I rate him as a striker, he's such a big ego. He won't come back anytime soon, nor we will be interested in bringing him back. Plenty of fish in the sea, Brands must dip in the water and pull out a golden one. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

No, No and No, he's a lazy self centred egotistical non team player, the exact opposite of what M+M are working to achieve.

BTW did I say NO?

8 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Where's Haf ?😁

I seen this yesterday ... I believe I said he would do this didn't I?   January window not far away...

The poor little lamb needs teleporting into a side runninv away with a league title...... West ham beckons.....

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Top, top player. A young Anelka in this team would be perfect.

To be honest he'd be perfect shame his mentality and ego got the better of him which is what I think will happen with Lukaku

He'll score goals where ever he goes but his attitude and laziness will tarnish his career

Or did you think I was referring to Richarlison 😂 to be honest it sort of works for both players the good bits and the bad 

Bargain!

"Apart from Sancho, four players have seen their transfer value increase by more than €30M: João Cancelo (Juventus), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Richarlison (Everton) and Thilo Kehrer (Paris St-Germain)."

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/243/en/

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bargain!

"Apart from Sancho, four players have seen their transfer value increase by more than €30M: João Cancelo (Juventus), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Richarlison (Everton) and Thilo Kehrer (Paris St-Germain)."

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/243/en/

to think we chased robertson with roberto, could have gotten him.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:53, markjazzbassist said:

Transfer kitty to spend on rashford or icardi and then a RB.

That's some strong Fifa / Football Manager chat there.

10 minutes ago, aaron said:

That's some strong Fifa / Football Manager chat there.

never played either so i wouldn't know.  i watch the game and can read, does wonders for me :)  Inter hasn't done anything in a long time, if we are on the up and can offer more money why not?  Wolves landed a bunch of guys no one thought would go there, worth a shot.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

8 goals 1 assist in 14 matches.  He really looks like something else.  Just linked to Barca today in the guardian. I imagine those rumors will only increase as time goes.

He pisses me off if I’m honest. His ball retension is abysmal. 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He pisses me off if I’m honest. His ball retension is abysmal. 

Agree mostly, though it’s his emotions getting the better of him that pisses me off the most. His ball retention is ok, but certainly not his strength, which is why I’m not happy with him playing up front. The lad clearly has talent on the wing and making runs off the front man. Give DCL a chance up top, let Richarlison profit from the knock downs and hold up play. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i hope one day you will be able to find peace and happiness in this life

I hope one day we'll have attacks not break down the moment the ball is played to him. It'll really help us build pressure on the opposition you see. Pressure we really could have done with being able to build last night, and the previous week against Newcastle.

We need a striker. A real one, one that is actually good (sorry Cenk).

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Agree mostly, though it’s his emotions getting the better of him that pisses me off the most. His ball retention is ok, but certainly not his strength, which is why I’m not happy with him playing up front. The lad clearly has talent on the wing and making runs off the front man. Give DCL a chance up top, let Richarlison profit from the knock downs and hold up play. 

That's exactly what I want to see Matt, when DCL came on last night we started to win the aerial punts, which Richie wasn't doing. I think DCL is very good at winning the aerial challenges, and we could really benefit from his knock downs, plus a bit more game time will give him more confidence in front of goal.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope one day we'll have attacks not break down the moment the ball is played to him. It'll really help us build pressure on the opposition you see. Pressure we really could have done with being able to build last night, and the previous week against Newcastle.

We need a striker. A real one, one that is actually good (sorry Cenk).

Yeah I agree we need a striker.  And it hurts to say it cause we just had a pretty good one for the first time in a while (Lukaku) am sold him.

45 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah I agree we need a striker.  And it hurts to say it cause we just had a pretty good one for the first time in a while (Lukaku) am sold him.

Remind yourself that he cost £90m and look at the kip of him and it actually feels good to have sold him.

Sale of the century. 

The fact we need a striker is clearly identified every time the team is selected.  Sometimes its Richarlison, sometimes its DCL, sometimes its Tosun, (didn't Walcott start there once?) and it  seldom works.  

11 minutes ago, johnh said:

The fact we need a striker is clearly identified every time the team is selected.  Sometimes its Richarlison, sometimes its DCL, sometimes its Tosun, (didn't Walcott start there once?) and it  seldom works.  

I agree with that John but don’t you think when we had Lukaku it worked, whether you like him as a person or not or think he’s fat and lazy lacks a good touch, he did what good strikers do he stuck the ball in the back of the net on regular basis, with less opportunities and possession being created as now. 

I’d buy him 20 Big Macs a week if he come back and put the ball in the net like he did before for us. 

32 minutes ago, johnh said:

honestly john that's not a bad idea, throw walcott up top he did it with the arse, that way richie and bernard are on the wings.  worth a shot.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree with that John but don’t you think when we had Lukaku it worked, whether you like him as a person or not or think he’s fat and lazy lacks a good touch, he did what good strikers do he stuck the ball in the back of the net on regular basis, with less opportunities and possession being created as now. 

I’d buy him 20 Big Macs a week if he come back and put the ball in the net like he did before for us. 

Doubt we will ever see him back here if united get rid he will go to another CL team