IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

No secret that I've never been Duncs' biggest fan but wearing a suit and then taking off the jacket in the pissing rain in December in Manchester while his Norwegian opposite number has a puffer jacket zipped up to his chin? What the absolute fuck? What planet is he from?

Loved it. Loved the interview on the pitch aswell. Can’t remember that happening before. Funny his face when the reporter said the goalkeeper had a hand in his face from the corner 

Great 4 points from 6 but I think his substitution of Kean may have longer repercussions. No one is that naive to buy his explanation of it. It’s a young player, new to club and country and was embarrassed in front of 75000 in the stadium and millions across the world. I’ll be surprised if it can be rectified and may effect dressing room morale.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

No secret that I've never been Duncs' biggest fan but wearing a suit and then taking off the jacket in the pissing rain in December in Manchester while his Norwegian opposite number has a puffer jacket zipped up to his chin? What the absolute fuck? What planet is he from?

That would have been classed as a summer’s day in Scotland 😉

34 minutes ago, barryj said:

Great 4 points from 6 but I think his substitution of Kean may have longer repercussions. No one is that naive to buy his explanation of it. It’s a young player, new to club and country and was embarrassed in front of 75000 in the stadium and millions across the world. I’ll be surprised if it can be rectified and may effect dressing room morale.

4 points more than I expected. I wonder if this is to shown Kean to do as he’s told or get lost, especially following late appearances to training etc. Lad is in danger of becoming a Balotelli if that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I didnt see the game so my opinion here is based on very little...

However, if there are negative repercussions against Ferguson from the club or fan base for taking off a player who isnt showing enough desire, determination, commitment or workrate then that justifies everything what is wrong with Everton at the minute.

I don't care about individuals being embarrased because they can't be bothered to work hard for the badge.

Fergie taking off Kean today sent a message to Kean, the other players in the squad, as well as the fans. If you're not up for it, you're not playing - Let's not forget, NSNO.

I know you didn’t watch the game but in my opinion I difnt think his performance stunk the place out or was deserving off being pulled off. I didn’t think he lacked effort and put his foot in when needed (made about three fouls). 

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

I know you didn’t watch the game but in my opinion I difnt think his performance stunk the place out or was deserving off being pulled off. I didn’t think he lacked effort and put his foot in when needed (made about three fouls). 

There seems to be someting not right with him at the club, thats for sure.

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Everton first.

Players second. If your not strong enough to cut it, fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Shukes calm down mate, you’re beginning to sound like me and you don’t want to go there, trust me mate🤪

Mate I’m passionate and loving the last few performances. Everyone expects us to lose and we’re fighting for our lives. 
There is simply nothing I love more than Everton defying people’s opinions.

My kids cone a very close second though 😉

20 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Ferguson was totally justified in pulling Moise Kean. In the 18 minutes on the pitch he made 9 touches of the ball, had 0 shots on target, made 0 successful tackles, won 0 aerial challenges and lost possession 6 times.

9 touches of the ball, 6 of them to give it away to the opponent. Hardly covering himself in glory.

In the interest of fairness I’d like to see the same stats for all forwards in that 18 min spell. Also decent break where he found Richarlison on a quick counter. It’s only my opinion but I thought it could have been handled better. It is only my opinion and I know others will see it differently and I’ve no problem with that. 

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mate I’m passionate and loving the last few performances. Everyone expects us to lose and we’re fighting for our lives. 
There is simply nothing I love more than Everton defying people’s opinions.

My kids cone a very close second though 😉

🤣

18 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Dunc is learning, he might not have handled it the best but he will learn from it. I bet he gets a message from Jose at some point today because that’s what he is ruthless at. Dunc made that decision from the heart and in his head. You have to remember the players he had out today 

Not handled it the best? There's a distinct possibility that he just ruined the short-term career of one of our brighter prospects. It was an idiotic thing to do. It's OK to show you're in charge but not in a way that humiliates others in view of an entire stadium and millions of viewers. Does he want to be "a man"? Then go apologize, immediately, in front of the cameras.

He doesn't have to explain his actions at all.  He is the manager and he lives and dies by his decisions, he wants the best for the club he loves and no player will ever be bigger than the club. 

Whatever the reason, he wants the best for the club and the supporters, if the player doesn't come up to his standard he cannot expect to play. This will either make the player work at it or if he's not up for it I don't want him here.

47 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not handled it the best? There's a distinct possibility that he just ruined the short-term career of one of our brighter prospects. It was an idiotic thing to do. It's OK to show you're in charge but not in a way that humiliates others in view of an entire stadium and millions of viewers. Does he want to be "a man"? Then go apologize, immediately, in front of the cameras.

i agree with you steve, but some on here think Dunc was a former player he can do no wrong.  The blue tinted glasses.  I'm not sold on dunc.  Punt and run will only work for so long.  

Personally I think Kean should be more embarassed about his performance than being hauled off. 

From the first minute he came on it was clear he didn't know who he was meant to be marking or what he was meant to be doing. This guy is a footballer trying to make it in the premier league and yet he can't pay attention to the basic instructions he gets coming onto the pitch or in training. When everyone is fighting for the points he can't just come on and not get straight into the groove. That worried me far more than any touch, tackle etc he did.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Personally I think Kean should be more embarassed about his performance than being hauled off. 

From the first minute he came on it was clear he didn't know who he was meant to be marking or what he was meant to be doing. This guy is a footballer trying to make it in the premier league and yet he can't pay attention to the basic instructions he gets coming onto the pitch or in training. When everyone is fighting for the points he can't just come on and not get straight into the groove. That worried me far more than any touch, tackle etc he did.

managers job to give that info to the players.  if dunc knew he wasn't prepared why put him on?  to teach him a lesson?  it ain't 1995, players aren't like that anymore.  he's a foreigner too so it's even more muddled with the language and customs barrier.  just a stupid thing all around.  if the kid needs time let him work on the training ground and the cup match this week, he's supposed to be a big signing for the future, and our caretaker might have fucked it up.  i'd not be happy if i was brands/moshiri.

22 hours ago, barryj said:

Yes Kean was embarrassed in front of everyone, that should make him more determined to get it right next time, it should affect the dressing room and make them fight for the club.

I fail to see what harm it could possibly do as the dressing room has been dead for 5 years.

As regards whether big Dunc makes a success or not the man gives his all, and despite what some say,way off the mark comments on here recently, he is and always will be an EFC legend.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

managers job to give that info to the players.  if dunc knew he wasn't prepared why put him on?  to teach him a lesson?  it ain't 1995, players aren't like that anymore.  he's a foreigner too so it's even more muddled with the language and customs barrier.  just a stupid thing all around.  if the kid needs time let him work on the training ground and the cup match this week, he's supposed to be a big signing for the future, and our caretaker might have fucked it up.  i'd not be happy if i was brands/moshiri.

Duncan would have prepared him throughout the week and he had obviously given him his instructions, if you can't follow basic instruction your no use to the team.

If you dont listen or carry out basic intructions in any job you'll probably get sent packing. If the player was embarassed he brought it on himself.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

A) on what are you basing the judgement that Kean is "one of our brightest prospects?" His transfer fee? He's done fuck all since he's come here apart from get disciplined for missing a couple of team meetings, which shows immaturity and a lack of respect for team discipline. B) if getting hauled off in any circumstances ruins any part of his career he hasn't got the character to be a top level footballer. It has happened to better players than him, e.g. Mata, Matic. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Customs barrier?? He's from Italy ffs not Outer Mongolia!