IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Matt likes to be optimistic in the face if anything. You know this!

I know, I know.

But there's optimism, then there is being plainly blind.

I cannot believe, reading previous posts, that some of us guys on here are still clutching at something that isn't there.

I've got no I'll feelings towards Ross, before about half an hour ago, but you've got to be able to see what just happened there? You can't turn this any other way towards Koeman, Moshiri, the dinner lady.

Come on, you must be able to see what he's just done?

We can see what Morishi has said. That's it.

The truth will come out soon enough

I don't get this Matt.

Why is Moshiri going to lie about a fee being agreed, personal terms being agreed, Medical being done...and Barkley representive giving him a call to say he's not wanting to now join Chelsea but to reconsider his options in the January window???

I don't get your angle here.

The truth will come out soon enough? So the words of the Man who had bought 49.9% of the club, seen over a positive restructure and got us on the verge of a new stadium, suddenly aren't good enough because it's Ross Barkley?!

I don't have an angle. I'm pointing out we've got one side of the story and it's plausible that it's deflection from the fact the board failed to deliver on the last 2 signings Koeman has repeatedly asked for. Probably not likely, but it's plausible.

Irrelevant as if that was where Barkley truely wanted to be he'd be there now. Fee and personal terms agreed.

Penny must have dropped he's being signed to fill the 25 man CL squad from the bench. Ox saw it coming as well.

From captain to stitching everyone up in the middle of a medical within 12 months is a fair effort.

Edited by Sparks FC

There is certainly still an argument to suggest Ross wants to stay here and he changed his mind based on that. It happen, remember when Gerrard was half way to Chelsea.

It probably is to hold out for the Spurs move which makes him utter scum. But that's not fact at the moment until we hear Barkleys story.

Let's walk through the options:

1) Ross in his heart of hearts wants to stay with Everton and just couldn't go through the proposed transfer.

2) Ross fell out big time with the Everton hierarchy and wanted to really stick it to them.

3) Ross was concerned something would come out in the medical and called off the deal before it took place.

4) Ross gave total control of the situation to his agent who saw he could make more money in January

5) Ross got a last-minute call from the Everton hierarchy and that convinced him to stay.

6) Ross is indecisive and really didn't know what to do. There was no mal-intent.

7) Ross realized at the last moment that he would get very little game time and backed out.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Chelsea supporters livid on twitter at the moment.

can't blame them on that one.

Honestly, if Ross signs a new contract ill support him and back him up. Im not holding my breath though

I might ... hold my breath that is but not for long.

I couldn't care less what the Chelsea fans think. Multiply that by 10 and you still won't get how livid Everton fans will be if he leaves on a free.

both sets of fans will be upset, not sure who will feel most aggrieved.

1) Ross in his heart of hearts wants to stay with Everton and just couldn't go through the proposed transfer.

2) Ross fell out big time with the Everton hierarchy and wanted to really stick it to them.

3) Ross was concerned something would come out in the medical and called off the deal before it took place.

4) Ross gave total control of the situation to his agent who saw he could make more money in January

5) Ross got a last-minute call from the Everton hierarchy and that convinced him to stay.

6) Ross is indecisive and really didn't know what to do. There was no mal-intent.

7) Ross realized at the last moment that he would get very little game time and backed out.

Fine except that number 4 is just a pretty coating on saying that Ross is a selfish bastard.

I don't have an angle. I'm pointing out we've got one side of the story and it's plausible that it's deflection from the fact the board failed to deliver on the last 2 signings Koeman has repeatedly asked for. Probably not likely, but it's plausible.

Yeah of course. Of course. Moshiri and Co have shit themselves...

'Gents, what should we do? Ron will go mad, we've not signed a striker and a defender, we've only signed 9 players this window.

'I know...we'll spin a story that we agreed a fee for Barkley, he agreed terms but he decided to look at it again in January, that will deflect.....'

Yeah, I see where the plausibility in that is Matt.

I don't think they had anything to deflect. And Ron has absolutely no right to complain about transfers.

Fine except that number 4 is just a pretty coating on saying that Ross is a selfish bastard.

or completley naive.

Point is no one knows YET why he 180'd on the deal. As Steve points out, several possibilities are there. There's a clear probable one but we just don't know. Hence why I'm going to wait and see

If we signed a player like Barkley today I would be happy so the fact that he is here until next year is a bonus to the playing squad.

I hope that the reality is that he has seen that the grass isn't greener, realises he has made a mistake, signs and stays.

Its wishful thinking but I would rather he plays for us compared to sitting on Chelsea's bench.

If there was that much anger from Ross's side that he wanted to fuck the club over he would have just gone tonight. Why would he expose himself to months of more grief if he really just wants to get out?

Either something not right at Chelsea with the same thing happening with Ox, or maybe Ross is having second thoughts about leaving.

I'm not having that he is sat there with his agent (who would have both made a fortune tonight) and decided "I know, if I fuck this off now I can really shaft the club and move in January". We know Ross is sensitive, I don't think he's that aggressive.

8) Ross is a total coward and could not hack it away from mum' cooking.

9) Ross is total bastard.

10 ) Ross doesn't give a flying fuck for either club or fans.

Not all the options though is it Steve? It's all the options if you are doing your best to 'defend' Ross.

Yeah of course. Of course. Moshiri and Co have shit themselves...

'Gents, what should we do? Ron will go mad, we've not signed a striker and a defender, we've only signed 9 players this window.

'I know...we'll spin a story that we agreed a fee for Barkley, he agreed terms but he decided to look at it again in January, that will deflect.....'

Yeah, I see where the plausibility in that is Matt.

I don't think they had anything to deflect. And Ron has absolutely no right to complain about transfers.

so you see no other alternative? Fine! I see other possibilities. Simple as that. And who's saying they shit themselves?! It's very clever IF its what happened.

Ron will be furious, or at least he fucking should be. We've had a great window but failed on the most important position to fill. He said repeatedly we needed a big striker for months, we knew for months before the window opened it'd be the most important position to fill. He also said he was leaving the transfers to Walsh and the board but had communicated what he wanted. So yeah, it's a possibility there's deflection going on. Likely? Dunno, but it's possible.

If there was that much anger from Ross's side that he wanted to fuck the club over he would have just gone tonight. Why would he expose himself to months of more grief if he really just wants to get out?

Either something not right at Chelsea with the same thing happening with Ox, or maybe Ross is having second thoughts about leaving.

I'm not having that he is sat there with his agent (who would have both made a fortune tonight) and decided "I know, if I fuck this off now I can really shaft the club and move in January". We know Ross is sensitive, I don't think he's that aggressive.

Yeh something somewhere isnt right...

Interestingly those close to Barkley are saying he hasnt had a medical but Mohsiri says he did, which again is very weird.

Dont forget last year with Mohsiri claiming that we pulled out of a deal for Sissoko because he loved McCarthy so much, which turned out to be complete bollocks. I would take what he says with a pinch of salt.