IGNORED

James McCarthy

26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

english slang, no idea what having a bottle means other than a nice bottle of red.

Showing guile, getting stuck in, letting the opposition know they’ve got a battle on their hands. To be fair, that idiom can be taken a lot of ways, it’s just defined on context :) 

Such a shame for the lad, although I'd have liked to have seen him moved on due to obvious reasons I was always torn on the idea as a fit McCarthy would be one of the first names on my team sheet 

Great little player with ironically the bottle and grit to make such challenges as he did today 

I'm sure the club will do more than right by the lad and I hope he makes a speedy recovery 

Don't mean no harm but I said weeks ago he should have been sold, what I actually said was his next injury will be a career finisher, and I think it will be.  

You’re such a pessimist [emoji6]

If it had been his hamstrings again I would agree with you but today was just a freak accident that could have happened to anyone

Gutted for him.

Been enjoying his performances since he came back. He's been looking like the McCarthy of that very first season we got him.

Hard to believe it can happen to a guy who has struggled so much with his injuries. And while doing what he does best...getting stuck in while others shy away.

And another serious injury to one of our players. Be hard to believe that any other club has had as many long term injuries as we have in the last few years. Especially leg breaks.

Heart breaking pictures. Seeing Rondon and the way he reacts. 

This isn’t just a terrible injury, it’s career ending for James. Just when we see a glimmer of hope with the way he has performed.

Sam. You have the easiest job in the world against Leicester. You just need to point out that the players owe McCarthy a performance for doing what every player should do week in week out. If ever there was an opportunity for boys to become men, then this is it.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm talking generally, we knew he would be injured again.  now it's long term and potentially career ending, we should have cashed in this summer or a couple weeks ago the minute he was healthy.  don't let him play, just let him pass a physical and move him on.

Oh come on. The guy is a human, a football player and an Everton loyal. Was our best player a few years back and you are talking about him like he is only money that we now have lost. 

He broke his leg saving our arses tonight. Yes he was injury prone but this freak accident had nothing to do with that. 

I know that you probably didnt mean to be insensitive. 

7 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Oh come on. The guy is a human, a football player and an Everton loyal. Was our best player a few years back and you are talking about him like he is only money that we now have lost. 

He broke his leg saving our arses tonight. Yes he was injury prone but this freak accident had nothing to do with that. 

I know that you probably didnt mean to be insensitive. 

i have wanted to sell him for a few years now.  i'm not being insensitive, i'm just mad this happened because it shouldn't have because he should have been sold long ago.  

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Why? The man's only 27 and a great asset when fit; today was tragic but totally unpredictable unless you accept he'll put everything on the line for the club and shit happens. No way we should have sold him, when fit he's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

spends more matches injured than playing.  waste of wages and the transfer fee, should have sold while people wanted him could have recouped the fee.

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Heartless; if you get ill or injured while under contract at any job your employer should take care of you.

completely different.  this is a sport.  his job is to stay healthy, fit and play.  he can't.  gibson was the same.  also he makes millions i make 5 figures.  he's set for life, i'm not.  

other teams will want him, scotland, lower prem/championship, he will continue to play somewhere, but it shouldn't be here.

Still feel sick from seeing his leg at that angle, could see it flopping about from my seat. Absolute horrible injury and hope he makes a full recovery. I feel terrible for Rondon as well, who has done himself proud with his teeet tonight, hope he doesn’t dwell on it too much, was a freak accident, a couple of dickheads actually booed Rondon a couple of minutes after the game restarted. 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Heartless; if you get ill or injured while under contract at any job your employer should take care of you.

I,m sure they do and will continue to do so Mike. We are offering our opinions just like others are about selling Mori and Besic because they are sicknotes. It's not really heartless it's business.

On a lighter note the commentators said that Coleman left the stands to meet the stretcher, probably for words of comfort.

Smeg, he should have been sold when he was fit, shame on him being injured and I feel for him but we are well stocked in midfield and he wasn't missed before and he won't be missed now.

It wasn't difficult to forecast that he would be injured again fairly soon, so now the club will continue to pay him his £75k or so a week until his contract runs out and he won't play another game for us this season, or ever again.

Mccarthy came on in the derby and kicked arse. Looked fit and was making a difference.

Absolutely no way whatsoever he should have been sold with the state of our midfield with schneiderlin and gana. We've needed him. 

It's like blaming the owner of a car for not selling it cos a driver of another car went into it when it was parked on the road. It never broke down.... it was working fine. 

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

He always looks fit, until he gets injured again on a regular basis, we would have got a decent fee for him two weeks ago now he's worth nowt, nobody will buy him.

Was anyone in for him?  Clubs aren't soft. He will have needed to prove his fitness. They aren't gonna splash out on a player that you yourself things is one game away from breaking down. 

Put your egos away guys, MJB is only saying what most have been saying for two seasons. .. get him fit and get a fee for him. I don’t think he is blaming James for getting his leg broke, he is just simply repeating what most have been saying in the McCarthy thread for a long time.

I really doubt he is talking about this injury in isolation but simply MCCarthys long, long, long injury history. 

I feel sick for James, I really do. The lad has had the most devastating last few years. 

Its a massive loss for us as well, as he looked to he he player we know he can be. We dont have anyone else like him.

With McCarthy and Coleman, we lost a huge dose of Irish-spirit. 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:44, markjazzbassist said:

i've said this the last couple of windows now.  i don't know why we play him, the minute he is healthy he should be sold.  he could have been sold weeks ago, in the summer, etc.  we knew this was coming, he's always injured.

I have to neg you on that one, Mark. McCarthy broke his leg because he gave his all to stop a goal - demonstrating the kind of passion we sorely need. How can you blame him for that? He deserves respect, not criticism for being "always injured."

Just for the record, he had virtually no injury record before joining Everton. You can't blame someone for suffering injuries any more than you can blame someone for getting sick. That's the luck of the draw.

One other thing to mention is that McCarthy will now miss the World Cup, likely his only opportunity to play in that event. This must be devastating for him.

40 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just for the record, he had virtually no injury record before joining Everton. You can't blame someone for suffering injuries any more than you can blame someone for getting sick. That's the luck of the draw.

One other thing to mention is that McCarthy will now miss the World Cup, likely his only opportunity to play in that event. This must be devastating for him.

They hadn’t qualified for it anyway. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Put your egos away guys, MJB is only saying what most have been saying for two seasons. .. get him fit and get a fee for him. I don’t think he is blaming James for getting his leg broke, he is just simply repeating what most have been saying in the McCarthy thread for a long time.

I really doubt he is talking about this injury in isolation but simply MCCarthys long, long, long injury history. 

I feel sick for James, I really do. The lad has had the most devastating last few years. 

Its a massive loss for us as well, as he looked to he he player we know he can be. We dont have anyone else like him.

With McCarthy and Coleman, we lost a huge dose of Irish-spirit. 

Exactly seems you’re the only one understanding what I said.