IGNORED

James McCarthy

That's an interesting article. I see a lot of my Clients who have chronic undiagnosable pain whic essentially ends up being psychological rather than physical. I even had one Client fully recovered in 20 mins from a Hypnotherapist despite spending the last 10 years in pain. Send him to Paul McKenna!

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I’d only be playing him max 60 mins or as a sub until the end of the season if possible, so he doesn’t burn out his hamstring again. Part time playing then a proper rest in the summer would do him the world of good

Yesterday’s weird McCarthy on for Rooney substitution - which surprisingly worked to our benefit - makes me wonder whether It might make weird sense to use Rooney-McCarthy substitution periodically or even regularly.

Neither player should play more than 60-70 minutes, if that.  My guess is that most on TT desperately hope McCarthy can play regularly - as both Gana and Schneiderlin have plenty of critics - but agree with Matt that it's dangerous to push him.  Rooney divides opinions: some  think he’s past it, whereas others (including me) think he’s a key playmaker, especially playing deep and roving.  I’d like to see some of these scenarios:

1. Rooney starts, playing deep as playmaker, with a single DM (Schneiderlin or Gana).  If Everton lead at 60 minutes, bring on McCarthy to replace him, giving us 2 DMs to protect lead.  If Everton are behind, replace Rooney with an attacker from bench.

2. McCarthy starts, either as single DM or paired with another DM or (preferably) Davies.  Rooney on bench.  If we lead at 60-65 minutes, replace McCarthy with a DM.  If behind, bring on Rooney or some other attacker.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Yesterday’s weird McCarthy on for Rooney substitution - which surprisingly worked to our benefit - makes me wonder whether It might make weird sense to use Rooney-McCarthy substitution periodically or even regularly.

Neither player should play more than 60-70 minutes, if that.  My guess is that most on TT desperately hope McCarthy can play regularly - as both Gana and Schneiderlin have plenty of critics - but agree with Matt that it's dangerous to push him.  Rooney divides opinions: some  think he’s past it, whereas others (including me) think he’s a key playmaker, especially playing deep and roving.  I’d like to see some of these scenarios:

1. Rooney starts, playing deep as playmaker, with a single DM (Schneiderlin or Gana).  If Everton lead at 60 minutes, bring on McCarthy to replace him, giving us 2 DMs to protect lead.  If Everton are behind, replace Rooney with an attacker from bench.

2. McCarthy starts, either as single DM or paired with another DM or (preferably) Davies.  Rooney on bench.  If we lead at 60-65 minutes, replace McCarthy with a DM.  If behind, bring on Rooney or some other attacker.

Agree with all of the above bar Schniederlin, he's afraid of playing the ball forward and make far too many weak tackles at the moment, I know he's better but we're just not seeing it on the pitch.

I loved McCarthys emerging and hard tackles, as teamwe need to do more and stop allowing the opposition time on the ball. 

• 3 weeks later...
i've said this the last couple of windows now.  i don't know why we play him, the minute he is healthy he should be sold.  he could have been sold weeks ago, in the summer, etc.  we knew this was coming, he's always injured.
While I agree with you, this is a freak accident.

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i've said this the last couple of windows now.  i don't know why we play him, the minute he is healthy he should be sold.  he could have been sold weeks ago, in the summer, etc.  we knew this was coming, he's always injured.

I dont think you can foresee a double leg break when he has traditionally been suffering from muscular / soft tissue injuries.

The biggest shame for the team is that he has been our best player since coming back into the fold.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I dont think you can foresee a double leg break when he has traditionally been suffering from muscular / soft tissue injuries.

The biggest shame for the team is that he has been our best player since coming back into the fold.

i'm talking generally, we knew he would be injured again.  now it's long term and potentially career ending, we should have cashed in this summer or a couple weeks ago the minute he was healthy.  don't let him play, just let him pass a physical and move him on.

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

This isn'tt a ruptured groin or an injury due to being a crock or imbalanced.  He's had an impact that has broken his leg.... would have happened to anyone. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

This isn'ttt a ruptured groin or an injury due to being a crock or imbalanced.  He's had an impact that has broken his leg.... would have happened to anyone. 

i understand, my point being he's always 5 minutes away from another injury, he should have been sold long ago.  Walsh is doing a terrible job with recruitment and this is yet another one.  should have been sold in the summer, heck even the minute he was healthy and this window opened.  

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i understand, my point being he's always 5 minutes away from another injury, he should have been sold long ago.  Walsh is doing a terrible job with recruitment and this is yet another one.  should have been sold in the summer, heck even the minute he was healthy and this window opened.  

To be honest he's been the only midfielder showing any bottle recemtly.