IGNORED

James McCarthy

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ll be made up for the lad when he runs out on that pitch again. Won’t be many in the squad with his work ethic, I’d love him to stay injury free for a couple of years. 

I like McCarthy a whole lot and think his running, work ethic and positioning are absolutely class. I do wonder if his link up play will be enough to take us forward as a club, but I think he’s an upgrade on anyone who has played for us in the center of the park so far this season.

12 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ll be made up for the lad when he runs out on that pitch again. Won’t be many in the squad with his work ethic, I’d love him to stay injury free for a couple of years. 

Agreed, which is why I’m hoping we don’t see him until the new year. The lad needs coaching here, to get him to take his time in recovery. 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

Hope I’m there when he does. Just for the goosebumps from the cheer he will get. 

The old lady will be rocking!

16 hours ago, StevO said:

Some people seem to forget that whilst the team was feeling sorry for itself through shite coaching/man management - up till his injury McCarthy was the only player who looked like he really gave a shit.  He got fully into the games ... he looked like the McCarthy of the first season with us. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can’t wait to see the first three. Imma bit excited truth be told. 

Hopefully we send Beni out on loan in January. 

I agree, I think the lad has a big future here but he won't feature especially with who we've brought in and when everyone's fit 

Can't wait for the other three we'll have some very good players and great depth at our disposal

46 minutes ago, London Blue said:

McCarthy will play really well for a month or so, then either be  injured on duty with Ireland or break down in training with us.

A very good player but too injury prone. 

Hope I am wrong, but fear I am not.

The broken leg will have done him the world of good....  quite simply cos it stopped dickhead managers playing him when fatigued or not quite recovered which has happened continuously since 2014...

Hopefully his body has had a chance to rest and recover.  Very easy to dismiss him as injury prone - he's been medically mismanaged and it started with Martinez. 

For anyone who needs to understand the Ireland situation you only need to see the fallout with Walters and Keane over injuries. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

The broken leg will have done him the world of good....  quite simply cos it stopped dickhead managers playing him when fatigued or not quite recovered which has happened continuously since 2014...

Hopefully his body has had a chance to rest and recover.  Very easy to dismiss him as injury prone - he's been medically mismanaged and it started with Martinez. 

For anyone who needs to understand the Ireland situation you only need to see the fallout with Walters and Keane over injuries. 

Amazing that man is allowed anywhere near a senior international team.... Or an amateur team... or a Sunday League team. 

I genuinely think McCarthy was playing his best football when he got injured.  Aggressive, quick, sharp.  Be a huge boost to see him back.... he's a good professional and if Morgan is in and about the squad he will have someone who can demonstrate how it should be done.  Alas he will be assigned to the bench or sold. 

A fit McCarthy in the derby will be huge.  I think it will be him and gomes in the middle if gomes recaptured his form. 

On 12/10/2018 at 08:40, hafnia said:

I genuinely think McCarthy was playing his best football when he got injured.  Aggressive, quick, sharp.  Be a huge boost to see him back.... he's a good professional and if Morgan is in and about the squad he will have someone who can demonstrate how it should be done.  Alas he will be assigned to the bench or sold. 

A fit McCarthy in the derby will be huge.  I think it will be him and gomes in the middle if gomes recaptured his form. 

Let's hope so mate sounds a lot better than what we're getting at present.