IGNORED

James McCarthy

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Do we know how many minutes he played or how he got on?

OS...

The Irishman completed the 90 minutes and delivered an assured performance against a gifted City outfit, impressively marshalling the Toffees midfield alongside Beni Baningime and Dennis Adeniran.

Boss Unsworth praised the professionalism and hunger his side displayed throughout – and was thrilled to see McCarthy back in action.

“It was a great win and a great clean sheet,” he said. “We applied ourselves in a fantastic way. We showed great commitment, desire and quality as well. It was a great night’s work.

“It’s great to see James back, too, I’m absolutely delighted for him. I know him very well and he’s had a hard time. 

“Tonight’s performance just shows all the great work he’s done in the gym and with all the physios and fitness coaches. He got better as the game went on.”

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Get him healthy and keep him with the i23 till we can sell In January.  He’s 2 full senior side matches from another serious injury, get rid

What was his last injury down to? Brittle bones?

No his last injury was down to schneiderlitus ....  putting his body on the line to clear up the lazy arsed fuck up of a team mate who can't be arsed. 

Do a bit of research into his injuries. You will find that Martinez and his wonderful physio skills were at fault to his spate of hammies.

McCarthy has earned our support... He was the only player in the middle who gave a toss when many had decided not to play for the shirt any more. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/10/2018 at 15:23, hafnia said:

What was his last injury down to? Brittle bones?

No his last injury was down to schneiderlitus ....  putting his body on the line to clear up the lazy arsed fuck up of a team mate who can't be arsed. 

Do a bit of research into his injuries. You will find that Martinez and his wonderful physio skills were at fault to his spate of hammies.

McCarthy has earned our support... He was the only player in the middle who gave a toss when many had decided not to play for the shirt any more. 

I think the main person to blame for James McCarthys injuries is James McCarthy himself

How many times did he rush himself back to play for Ireland against the clubs wishes and advice ? 

I agree with Mark if we can get him fit we need to wrap him in cotton wool then sell to the first bidder

Its a shame because he was a quality player 

5 hours ago, aaron said:

You do realise if he refuses a call up and refuses to play he runs the risk of being banned from playing club football? It was Ireland calling him up when he was clearly unfit that ruined him for those seasons for me. His last injury was a freak accident that was no one's fault (swerve the Morgan shouts there).

I'd rather take the risk of keeping a quality midfielder and him getting injured again then selling him to a shite team for buttons and him shinning there. He is better than Morgan, Besic, Beni( still don't know what people see in him) and Davies so its a no brainer for me.

Post of the year!!!

7 hours ago, aaron said:

You do realise if he refuses a call up and refuses to play he runs the risk of being banned from playing club football? It was Ireland calling him up when he was clearly unfit that ruined him for those seasons for me. His last injury was a freak accident that was no one's fault (swerve the Morgan shouts there).

I'd rather take the risk of keeping a quality midfielder and him getting injured again then selling him to a shite team for buttons and him shinning there. He is better than Morgan, Besic, Beni( still don't know what people see in him) and Davies so its a no brainer for me.

Sorry but I’m not having that, he knows his own body and he knew he was taking a gamble with his career by playing for Ireland when he was clearly not fit

Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to play, he had a mouth he could have easily told Ireland he was not fit 

its not as if he would have pulling a fast one is it ?

He hadn’t played for Everton for months due to his glass hamstrings do you seriously think he would get a club ban for turning down the chance to play 2 games  in 48 hours for his country under those circumstances ?

57 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sorry but I’m not having that, he knows his own body and he knew he was taking a gamble with his career by playing for Ireland when he was clearly not fit

Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to play, he had a mouth he could have easily told Ireland he was not fit 

Agreed Dunc. I also think it's pretty disrespectful to Everton(who gives him a living) that he would play a match for Ireland first after coming back from injury. I'm not in the "sell" camp, but he really annoyed the shit out of me when he did that. 

4 hours ago, sibdane said:

Agreed Dunc. I also think it's pretty disrespectful to Everton(who gives him a living) that he would play a match for Ireland first after coming back from injury. I'm not in the "sell" camp, but he really annoyed the shit out of me when he did that. 

The only reason I think we should sell is because I think he is finished.if I thought for one minute he could string 10 games together I would want him to stay.  I really rated him as a player but he is just another Darren Gibson

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The only reason I think we should sell is because I think he is finished.if I thought for one minute he could string 10 games together I would want him to stay.  I really rated him as a player but he is just another Darren Gibson

I don't think he's another Gibson, but I'm still reserving judgment. 

36 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

He’d slot in right away if Gana was injured. Alternatively, have Gomes, Gana, and McCarthy run midfield and push Sigurdsson further forward, with Walcott or Bernard dropping out. It’s nice to have options. 

I never want to see Sigurdsson played as a winger ever again !