IGNORED

James McCarthy

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's not as injury prone as people make out. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/james-mccarthy/verletzungen/spieler/45333

Does seem to suffer a lot with his hamstring but that maybe due to coming back to soon or poor treatment, but as it's a recurring problem hopefully they have operated on it knowing he was out for a year with his fractures.

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

He broke his leg Bill.  Bones are bones..... for me it could have been a blessing in disguise - he had been rushed back too early too often.  That's why he got the sick note rep. 

The last year or so could have given his body a chance to recover.  Let's hope so. 

He wasn’t rushed back though, he defied the clubs advice and declared himself fit for international duty too many times

Yes the leg break was unfortunate and could have happened to anyone but for a guy with glass hamstrings he is a fucking idiot to go against the club doctors advice and declare himself fit for Ireland when he clearly wasn’t up to it

Was a great player but only got himself to blame for fucking up his own career 

Im with Bill if we can get him fit enough to pass a medical we should sell to the first bidder

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He wasn’t rushed back though, he defied the clubs advice and declared himself fit for international duty too many times

Yes the leg break was unfortunate and could have happened to anyone but for a guy with glass hamstrings he is a fucking idiot to go against the club doctors advice and declare himself fit for Ireland when he clearly wasn’t up to it

Im with Bill if we can get him fit enough to pass a medical we should sell to the first bidder

I'm referring to the 3 muscle tears in a row under Martinez.

The nonsense with Ireland? Who knows what went on there.... koeman and MON involved nothing surprises me. 

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

100% agree

28 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

He's actually one of the strongest players on our roster. Would it be fair to call you weak if someone caused a massive break on one of the largest bones in your body?

you're cherry picking your facts to suit your argument, look at his whole body of injury history, he's weak, the sooner we sell the better.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

sounds like marco would like to keep him if he can stay healthy, so he's just letting him play matches here and there u23, closed door, training, etc. to see how his body handles it.  if he is still healthy by the summer then he can start counting on him, if not he will be gone.  just the way i read it.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Bill isn’t saying anything that most of us aren’t worried about.

You see many players have an injury like that, come back having lost that edge.

Not saying this will happen, just that it is a valid worry.

And it’s not just the one injury is it? I loved MCCarthy as a player but I think his time here is over.

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

I was thinking he'd make an appearance yesterday, but Baines' injury and Digne's red card more than likely took that option off the table.

I almost expected to see him come on and play LB as opposed to Kenny. Or him at RB and move Coleman to LB. Neither would have been great admittedly. Also wondered if he would sub on for Richarlison at the end instead of DCL, as the last few times DCL was brought on as an outlet in the final few minutes he hasn’t really held up a single ball.

• 1 month later...

McCarthy called up for ROI provisional squad.  Don’t think we can complain these days about his willingness to risk injury.  He seems to have been healthy for some time now, but only made the bench occasionally.  I’d still prefer him to Schneiderlin, but obviously Silva doesn’t.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2019/03/07/coleman-mccarthy

On 08/03/2019 at 03:40, markjazzbassist said:

Vault me I said he would be injured again before the end of the campaign low and behold here it comes.  This guy never learns.  

He has been available for selection for weeks he's been on bench.... are you suggesting he just doesn't play?