IGNORED

Duncan Ferguson

That's more because the looks of betrayal in the eyes of the fans than wanting the managerial position IMO. Honestly I don't think Dunc has the qualities to ever become a successful premier league manager and I think he knows it. He loves working for the club and his ambitions are to stay here until his retirement. 

I'm unsure on why so many people are dead set on him not having the ability to be our manager. 

He's worked under a lot of different gaffers, including one of the best as his assistant. He's kick started our form prior to carlo coming in and according to reports, didnt fancy leaving to work under CA at Real Madrid. 

He has desire, ambition, loyalty and a genuine love for the club like you and I. I also get the impression he's close to the players and they respect him. 

Saying he hasn't got the ability isn't the truth, we simply don't know if he has or hasn't. Employing him would be a bigger risk than most other names, however we're safe in the fact that he will always have the clubs interests at heart. 

In his biography he said after he retired 'I'm going to go away and get my badges, and one day I will come back and manage this team'. He already has, but there is no doubt he wants a proper shot at it. 

I’d be happier if he took Carlo up on the offer to join the staff at Real Madrid, and carried on his development. I think it could have been a really good move. I also think that story was a load of clickbait. If he turned it down as he wanted the Everton job I’m sure they would wait a few weeks for him if he never got it. 

Not sure if he was here with Martinez, but he's been here with, Silva, Koeman, and Ancellotti, so I think he's had a fair amount of development already. 

I chose 4 managers who I would  like to see ahead of him but if its him who gets the job, I,d be right behind him.

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm unsure on why so many people are dead set on him not having the ability to be our manager. 

He's worked under a lot of different gaffers, including one of the best as his assistant. He's kick started our form prior to carlo coming in and according to reports, didnt fancy leaving to work under CA at Real Madrid. 

He has desire, ambition, loyalty and a genuine love for the club like you and I. I also get the impression he's close to the players and they respect him. 

Saying he hasn't got the ability isn't the truth, we simply don't know if he has or hasn't. Employing him would be a bigger risk than most other names, however we're safe in the fact that he will always have the clubs interests at heart. 

In his biography he said after he retired 'I'm going to go away and get my badges, and one day I will come back and manage this team'. He already has, but there is no doubt he wants a proper shot at it. 

I think that if we did get Ferguson we would have to all be prepared as a fan base for things to take a bit longer. Look at Arteta, Lampard and Pirlo. You can expect these guys to go in and nail it at a big club straight away. 

I am not sure we are in that head space as a club right now and I still think he needs to earn his stripes elsewhere.

• 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-duncan-ferguson-22005875

There were lots of rumours about this flying around Twitter last night

I think it would be better for him and Everton. 

Too much of an old boys network in the club, love Big Dunc and hopefully he comes back to manage. But he's had too much connection with failed managers... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Twitter (so take with a massive pinch of salt) in full meltdown as there's reports that Duncan Ferguson has left the club.

Think I’ll go and check this out. Just don’t replace him with another big red, I still have nightmares about Sammy Lee. 

• 1 month later...