IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 22:31, Bill said:

Would you rather have Besic with a bit of bite, or Schneiderlin who trots around trying to avoid making any tackles. I hope he stays fit and gets the game time.

I'd have half the posters on here ahead of snide-rlein... (See what I did there) 

I want him gone from the club. He's finished as an everton player in my eyes. 

5 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Besic and Schneiderlin are totally different players I'd say he's more of a hybrid of Gana and McCarthy he's just not as good as either in their respective stronger area's but he is a good little player who's been dogged with injuries and not having a prolonged run of games, he's no world beater but to compare him to a yard dog like Cattermole is ridiculous 

I was just winding Bill up :lol: 

On a serious note, I just don't think Besic is positionally disciplined enough to play the Gareth Barry/Schneiderlin role nor is his passing range particularly good and wouldn't be good distributing in that role or offer much going forward if we let him get more advanced like Davies. 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's strange though quinn because if there's anyone who thrives on positional sense and discipline it's Pulis, and he's the one playing Besic at Boro.  4 banks of 4 compact and tight, and yet besic is there getting plaudits.  still early, he looked good when he started with us too.

I hope he ends up with them permanently. He should never be welcome back here.

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

On a serious note, I just don't think Besic is positionally disciplined enough to play the Gareth Barry/Schneiderlin role nor is his passing range particularly good and wouldn't be good distributing in that role or offer much going forward if we let him get more advanced like Davies. 

Ha sorry mate I'm a lazy reader I didn't bother going to far up 😵

I agree he's tidy but doesn't excel in any particular area he has great attitude and work ethic very McCarthy esq but wouldn't be a starter for me although I do like the lad 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

not sure why, he's been a model professional and never made any trouble.  if he's willing to sit on the bench he's welcome, or willing to fight for a spot.

Our squad is too big for him to sit the bench. I'd rather bring in someone else that could push Gana or Davies to the bench. Besic is the weakest of out central midfielders, so I would like to see him as first man out if we bring someone in.

Just now, Quinn31 said:

Without knowing it you just described Gana to a tee.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Without knowing it you just described Gana to a tee.

I think Gana has a slightly better burst of speed/acceleration on him that lets him make interceptions/challenges more effectively than Besic and *occasionally* contributes in the final third. Other than that, yeah, similar players.