• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Had to happen didn't It? No choice really. I was clinging onto something happening, as in being turned around, but it was getting harder and harder to see game by game.

I was concerned by his post match interview yesterday. And then today, after getting mauled at home, I see he was out having a nice dinner with Pep in Manchester last night. I know there is still life to live, but come on.

Adding it all up, he seemed over confident in such circumstances to the point of coming across as not arsed.

The club went for someone who had a more strict approach than the previous guy but it seemed to have got to his head and he may be went too far.

I'm glad it's over now. Move onto the next guy. And the club has sent a strong message...no more settling for mediocre performances. We want to be challenging the best and whoever comes in next knows this isn't a holiday. No more 2 or 3 chances.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Dreading who we appoint next if I'm honest.

I just had an awful thought... Walsh may want to reunite Shakespeare and Pearson. I suppose they were the foundations that set up Leicester’s title winners but it wouldn’t be a popular suggestion with most.

1 minute ago, Sev said:

But he didn't do so well the first year if you ask me. Never wanted him, never liked him, never saw him as big-club potential.

I'm very pleased that the club has reacted to his poor performance.

Now let's get some confidence into the team.

Koeman had too much arrogance. He thought he was bigger than the club. Seem more like a dictator.... Banning Niasse without giving him a chance to prove is a No No for me.Ironically, Niasse saved his ass few weeks back i guess..Maybe there was a silent revolt by the players over many weeks, if not, no way, the players turn bad over night and play without drive,determination or fire.... Yes,Koeman left, now let's look ahead...

Niasse is nowhere good enough and Barkley has hardly progressed after year 2 of Martinez's reign to now. I guess I can't blame Niasse for not being good enough but Barkley has himself as much to blame as any manager for his situation. All the players need to be held accountable. Now that the manager has changed, that excuse has gone for the players. 

25 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Niasse is nowhere good enough and Barkley has hardly progressed after year 2 of Martinez's reign to now. I guess I can't blame Niasse for not being good enough but Barkley has himself as much to blame as any manager for his situation. All the players need to be held accountable. Now that the manager has changed, that excuse has gone for the players. 

Barkley had a decent season for us.  Koeman was constantly getting on his back.

I don't blame Barkley .. koeman clearly has a way of operating which is very divisive. 

Just now, hafnia said:

Barkley had a decent season for us.  Koeman was constantly getting on his back.

I don't blame Barkley .. koeman clearly has a way of operating which is very divisive. 

I don't see how having a manager who coddles Ross and tells him how great he is is going to improve his decision-making or his defensive contributions. Ross isn't immune from the manager riding him, same goes for any other player.

Ross is no longer a wonderkid, he's a well-capped Premier League player, he can take criticism. If one thing is clear, he's now just another PL player, no longer a future world beater.

I believe Koeman worked with the signings that came in. Whether they were all sanctioned by him no one will ever know.

He tried to make us more expansive by playing three at the back and changed players accordingly throughout each game to give us more of an edge.

All in all he was a good reactive manager to situations but I think his biggest downfall was... Not being able to deal with attitudes. This day in age you have to use Martinez's arm to put round them and keep the cane locked away.

I think he lost them and couldn't get them back in the end.