IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

On 14/05/2021 at 11:29, Hafnia said:

His maturity and attitude has changed massively.  All credit to him and the coaching staff or whoever is behind it.  There was a big big issue in his behaviour and it was impacting his game without question.

He will make mistakes that happens but he was making the likelihood of mistakes higher by putting himself out there.... The price to pay is humble pie and it became a vicious circle. 

Without the supporters in the grounds his concentration as been more focused on the game and not the banter with the fans, I hope when the fans return he puts them to the back of his mind and doesn’t get involved with verbals and wind ups, he should realise now he needs to just focus on the game and forget the bullshit. 

On 15/05/2021 at 16:59, Palfy said:

Without the supporters in the grounds his concentration as been more focused on the game and not the banter with the fans, I hope when the fans return he puts them to the back of his mind and doesn’t get involved with verbals and wind ups, he should realise now he needs to just focus on the game and forget the bullshit. 

Forgot about that. But I see such a definite shift it appears to be something that has been coached - and without the willingness from him to accept that he needed to sort his shit out and actually commit to it - it wouldn't be evident.

Good on him. 

On 17/05/2021 at 02:52, Hafnia said:

Forgot about that. But I see such a definite shift it appears to be something that has been coached - and without the willingness from him to accept that he needed to sort his shit out and actually commit to it - it wouldn't be evident.

Good on him. 

Also could be the pressure Olsen has put on him. Regardless though Pickford has been excellent when called upon!

6 hours ago, Btay said:

Also could be the pressure Olsen has put on him. Regardless though Pickford has been excellent when called upon!

His demeanor/attitude stunk.  He treated games like he wasn't arsed and baited other fans etc.  It was a very quick and significant spiral from his world cup.  My understanding is that his ego went out of control because of his world cup.  

Most importantly he's learned a valuable lesson and seems to be far more with it now.  Hopefully he keeps this up because he literally is one of our only reliable must keep players now ..... A turnaround indeed. 

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Always new he would come good and always believed he was a top keeper, for or those who wanted him sold you may get your wish in the not so distant future, I fear we will do well to keep him if the team doesn’t improve, he will feel and deserve to be playing on the top stage in his career. 

Let's not get carried away Palfy.  His first season he was excellent.... Went away to the world cup and came back with a huge attitude and 2 years of regression almost seen him out on his ear..... Let's not lose sight of this 

Its probably taken a fair few home truths and a bit of work from quite a few people and Jordan himself to get where he is now.

The thing for him is to keep an eye on himself - he isn't the most balanced character and will have to continue to work hard mentally.  Long may his new focus and application continue but let's not think that all of a sudden clubs will be climbing over each other to sign him. 

13 hours ago, StevO said:

“Probably” being they key word. We actually don’t know what he’s worked on for club and country. 

What we do know is he has been far from Everton’s worst performer in his whole time at the club. 

So you think he just woke up one day and decided to not act like he's eaten every blue smartie in the north west washed down by 4 cans of red bull?

His behaviour and response to mistakes was creating a hole for him.  He was putting a big fuck off "look at me" sign over his head and his response to inevitable mistakes was arrogant dismissal which perpetuated the pressure.

Probably is more like "highly fucking likely" .... You don't think his family, coaches and team mates never got to the point of highlighting this to him .... Or the fact that the likes of Roy Keane questioned his focus and antics on TV.

If he was Everton's worse performer at the club then it's fair to say he would have joined the likes of bolassie, niasse, Schneiderlein etc etc and not be here.  The reality is that was getting excuses thrown his way for things that can't be excused. Our of all the players regularly playing - he was the one giving most fabs a lack of confidence - that you can't dispute. 

All very well watching his 2 games for England and his form over the last season - let's see him keep it up and let's not forget how long it's taken him to turn around and how quickly he fell the last time he got too big for his boots. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So you think he just woke up one day and decided to not act like he's eaten every blue smartie in the north west washed down by 4 cans of red bull?

His behaviour and response to mistakes was creating a hole for him.  He was putting a big fuck off "look at me" sign over his head and his response to inevitable mistakes was arrogant dismissal which perpetuated the pressure.

Probably is more like "highly fucking likely" .... You don't think his family, coaches and team mates never got to the point of highlighting this to him .... Or the fact that the likes of Roy Keane questioned his focus and antics on TV.

If he was Everton's worse performer at the club then it's fair to say he would have joined the likes of bolassie, niasse, Schneiderlein etc etc and not be here.  The reality is that was getting excuses thrown his way for things that can't be excused. Our of all the players regularly playing - he was the one giving most fabs a lack of confidence - that you can't dispute. 

All very well watching his 2 games for England and his form over the last season - let's see him keep it up and let's not forget how long it's taken him to turn around and how quickly he fell the last time he got too big for his boots. 

I woke up one day after a particularly dark time the day before, and decided to not drink again. 8 months later still the case. Overnight transformations can and do happen. 

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

I woke up one day after a particularly dark time the day before, and decided to not drink again. 8 months later still the case. Overnight transformations can and do happen. 

So you just decided not to drink and that was it - No more effort required? Complete indifference to your old triggers? Self sourced willpower and a removal of anything that made you want to drink?

Of course not. Negative experience gave you the desire to want to change which is the biggest and most important step and all credit to you for making that decision.   I've not drank in 18 months so I fully understand the process. 

Ive not discredited Pickford for making the improvement.  I've merely pointed out that negative experiences pushed him that way and he has very very likely had support from a multi million pound operation who need him to be on the ball. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So you just decided not to drink and that was it - No more effort required? Complete indifference to your old triggers? Self sourced willpower and a removal of anything that made you want to drink?

Of course not. Negative experience gave you the desire to want to change which is the biggest and most important step and all credit to you for making that decision.   I've not drank in 18 months so I fully understand the process. 

Ive not discredited Pickford for making the improvement.  I've merely pointed out that negative experiences pushed him that way and he has very very likely had support from a multi million pound operation who need him to be on the ball. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Actually, no real effort fortunately. Didn't remove triggers (still got bourbon in the house) just "decided".  My motivation changed after that day, like a moment of clarity; I.e. if I don't stop I lose everything. So then I stopped. I get that that's not the usual way things go, and that hard work is required for the majority of cases. I was just saying that it is possible to wake up one day and be completely different. Didn't think you were undermining his progress at all. 

Firstly well done to both of you for accepting you had a problem which allowed you to make the changes to take a different path in your life. I’m no psychologist or expert but a very good friend of mine literally drank himself to death, he wasn’t the victim of his actions, his family and friends were the victims of his disease addiction problems what ever you want to call it, they are still living with the mistakes he made and the void he left. I wish you both well for the sake of your families. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Firstly well done to both of you for accepting you had a problem which allowed you to make the changes to take a different path in your life. I’m no psychologist or expert but a very good friend of mine literally drank himself to death, he wasn’t the victim of his actions, his family and friends were the victims of his disease addiction problems what ever you want to call it, they are still living with the mistakes he made and the void he left. I wish you both well for the sake of your families. 

My personal journey was alcohol stopped being fun.... The hangovers were more like 3 day bouts of depression and anxiety and the scary thing was that a couple in the evening lifted the anxiety.  So I listened to my body and looked at my family and if made the choice for me. 

I read an article in mens health about a tablet that you take before drinking which lessens the amount you drink.  It's called "the Sinclair method".... It works for any type of drinker who wants to cut down..... I did it with 100% compliance and literally do not want drink anymore.  

I believe it got Kenny Samson straight but he stopped taking the tablet before drinking and relapsed big time.

Anyone who has loved ones or friends who are struggling - I urge you to fully research the Sinclair method. 

• 2 weeks later...