• Barkley
    • Mirallas
    • Lukaku
    • Schneiderlin
    • Lookman
    • Jagielka

Gonna go for Davies again.

Seemed to be involved in everything.

Assist for the goal, and in the last few minutes of pressure, for his foot in and disposed them three times in one attack.

Robles with an excellent save to keep the scores level.

Coleman with a tireless performance and a rocket finish.

Holgate. Solid all game. Robles deserves credit for stepping up in the final 10 minutes and easing the pressure.

Barkley had a good day in midfield, but wasn't clinical or sharp enough around the area. He needs to start shooting low and not take his time before hitting it, let his instincts take over.

Guest rusty747

Joel has had his critics (me included) in the past but today he made a worldie to keep us in the game at 0-0, then commanded his 6 yard box to take a few crosses and take the pressure off the defence. I think there were quite a few 7.5/10 performances today but, for me, Joel gets an 8 and a well deserved motm.

Edited by rusty747

Holgate for me - I like how he brought the ball out of defence and surged forward on the goal. His general defending was solid too. His confidence seems to be growing game on game.

Barkley bossed it but thought his final ball was poor yesterday. His shots seemed 'shot come crosses'.

Although not involved with many goal scoring chances I thought Lukaku battled well, got in decent positions and generally kept their defenders busy creating the space for others - mainly Barkley.

Edited by c1982

Joel deserves credit for popping up with that save and then commanding his box when the pressure was on. It's one of the hardest things as a goalie to stand around for 75 minutes or so without a shot on target and then suddenly be called upon in a 10 minutes flurry. I have so much more faith in him when a looping ball gets lobbed into the box than I do with Stekelenburg, hopefully his consistent performances keep him in the team for the foreseeable future.

That said, it's hard to look past Barkley when discussing yesterday's match. He basically ran the show and put in the kind of performance that you'd want from such a player. It's a touch disappointing that he didn't find the back of the net as he really deserved to be on the score-sheet but I'm sure this good game will drive him on to put in more like-minded performances going forward.