IGNORED

Richarlison

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have a sneaky suspicion he'll sign a new contract and give 1 more year before selling. But it does all depend on the circus around the clubs though.

I think the same. I don’t see him leaving this summer. 
If he went on a free next summer it would be disappointing, but I’d hold no grudges towards him. He’s given us everything and no doubting his commitment and love for the club. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I have a sneaky suspicion he'll sign a new contract and give 1 more year before selling. But it does all depend on the circus around the clubs though.

I think Richy will only leave for a champs league club, he loves playing for Brazil which he does while playing for us and he loves playing for Everton. I don't think he will leave for money, he will leave if for the good chance of winning a title. Alot will depend on who comes in for him.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Richie is a bit of an enigma. He's not a very good footballer and he misses a lot of chances, but he works his bollocks off and even though he misses a lot the majority of his goals are important ones that get us points.

Agreed. He has the skills he just doesn’t always have the brain. Forces things or chooses the wrong option a lot. His best attribute is that workrste and what he contributes defensively. I do wonder how he’d look for a better side where he has more time and space and isn’t getting battered all game. He’s 10% away from being a 100m world class player but I just don’t know if he’s ever gonna find that. 

Gordon is younger of course but similar. He just lacks that finishing/decision making that would make him truly great. 

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Richie is a bit of an enigma. He's not a very good footballer and he misses a lot of chances, but he works his bollocks off and even though he misses a lot the majority of his goals are important ones that get us points.

Richie is better at finishing when he doesn’t have time to think, it’s all instinctive, give him too much time and he seems to become undecided and fluffs the chance.

If he left he would be the biggest miss of any player at the club, he has been the biggest reason we have done so well in the last 7-8 games and ultimately kept us in the PL. Frank and the board have to do what ever it takes to keep him here, if he goes in the summer we will struggle to replace him and struggle to progress as a team. 

Disregard the Stamford Bridge typo, but just shows how important he is for us. Might not set the world on fire with goals and assists, but when he does, they're vital

Analysis from Mark Carey of The Athletic last month found that among Premier League players with at least 30 goals since 2016, Richarlison has scored the biggest share of "game-state changing" goals. As of late April, 82% of the Brazilian's goals had changed the game from a draw to a win or a loss to a draw. That was before he scored the winner at Stamford Bridge on May 1, perhaps the biggest goal of his career.

On 23/05/2022 at 15:29, Palfy said:

If he left he would be the biggest miss of any player at the club, he has been the biggest reason we have done so well in the last 7-8 games and ultimately kept us in the PL. Frank and the board have to do what ever it takes to keep him here, if he goes in the summer we will struggle to replace him and struggle to progress as a team. 

We don’t have to replace him as such. We have to make the squad better. Could the 50m+ we would get for him make us better in the aggregate? Maybe. For as much as we all love him he’s not been a prolific goal scorer. It took a very goood run down the stretch to get him to 10 after 7 last season (and a fair bit of those were penalties). His defensive work rate and tenacity is what we would miss most 

It's going to be a big decision for him. I don't think he is a player who would be happy playing on the bench or being just a squad player. He will want to go to a team where he will be very close to being first 11. He hates being subbed off the field. 

I am not sure he gets that at a top 6 or elite European team - some high quality squads. After that, he is just as well staying at Everton and being one of the first names on the team sheet. 

41 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think he’s said he wants plenty more money but with a bit of freedom to leave if a champions league club comes in for him. Or to leave this summer if one of them comes in. 

Id really like to see him a sign a new contract either way. One more season then let him go if he wants. 

Think I said earlier this year he'll probably sign and give us to at least January depending on how things go. He knows his worth to us and genuinely seems to love the club, I can see him doing his best to help us rather than leave us in the lurch