IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

Does anyone but me think he could be a good squad/bench filler. He does have the best finish in the squad after all - unsure what wages hes on. Taking 7m for him vs keeping as a squad filler (if not on ridiculous wages) makes me think best to keep him.

If DCL gets crocked - what's our options? Gordon is not the answer up top and jury still very much adjourned on Moise

3 hours ago, Cisk said:

Does anyone but me think he could be a good squad/bench filler. He does have the best finish in the squad after all - unsure what wages hes on. Taking 7m for him vs keeping as a squad filler (if not on ridiculous wages) makes me think best to keep him.

If DCL gets crocked - what's our options? Gordon is not the answer up top and jury still very much adjourned on Moise

Like Ste said richarlison is the best finisher we have.  DCL the other striker we also have kean.  That’s 3.  Walcott can play up top as well he did for arsenal as a 4th option.  Centre forward is the least of our worries.  

On 13/08/2020 at 02:24, markjazzbassist said:

Like Ste said richarlison is the best finisher we have.  DCL the other striker we also have kean.  That’s 3.  Walcott can play up top as well he did for arsenal as a 4th option.  Centre forward is the least of our worries.  

I wouldn't mind it if we brought in a top quality centre half and moved Richy to the left though. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

love ya aidan, you always brighten the place up with a laugh.  you have a good sense of humor, i really mean that.

Glad my alcoholism makes this place a little better 😂 truth be told i love this place too. Always an escape from reality and a source of insight and entertainment. 

• 2 months later...

20.33 BST: Everton were unable to offload Turkish forward Cenk Tosun this summer and we might have an answer as to why.

Turkish outlet Fotospor reports that Everton offered Tosun to his former club Besiktas, as well as arch-rivals Galatasaray and Fenerbahce. This reportedly angered Besiktas, with the Turkish club electing to pull out of negotiations.

Rivalry runs deep we guess!

just wanted to share this.

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

20.33 BST: Everton were unable to offload Turkish forward Cenk Tosun this summer and we might have an answer as to why.

Turkish outlet Fotospor reports that Everton offered Tosun to his former club Besiktas, as well as arch-rivals Galatasaray and Fenerbahce. This reportedly angered Besiktas, with the Turkish club electing to pull out of negotiations.

Rivalry runs deep we guess!

just wanted to share this.

It might, just might, have a lot more to do with him still being injured!

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It might, just might, have a lot more to do with him still being injured!

injured players have been sold at the deadline before.  all the turks left the forum so we don't have anyone to offer their insight sadly.  he was a beast for besiktas (in the turkish league), i would think they'd be jumping to get him back.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

injured players have been sold at the deadline before.  all the turks left the forum so we don't have anyone to offer their insight sadly.  he was a beast for besiktas (in the turkish league), i would think they'd be jumping to get him back.

This wasn't a small injury, it was a major injury. No club is going to buy a player that hasn't returned yet. That story is bollocks.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

The reality is that if push comes to shove he is the only natural cover we have at CF. Although, I'm not sure we will see him feature again for us maybe his chance will come in the event of injuries when he is fit.

I think this league is to quick for him I’m afraid and that was before his injury.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

I think this league is to quick for him I’m afraid and that was before his injury.

A striker is going to have to be a priority in the summer, because we have absolutely nothing behind the first teamers. Can't see Kean being here and Simms will need to go out on loan to try to show he can be part of the first team.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

A striker is going to have to be a priority in the summer, because we have absolutely nothing behind the first teamers. Can't see Kean being here and Simms will need to go out on loan to try to show he can be part of the first team.

Agreed. I believe we were looking for a counter attacking style CF at the end of the window, pace and finishing ability.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 15:33, markjazzbassist said:

you sure?

I am here but mostly reading nowadays as I am busy as hell and don't have much to watch games. So I do not share my opinions as I might have missed many things already.

Regarding your other post, It is not a case that Besiktas not made a move because of he is offered to our rivals. We simply do not have money. We couldn't make a move for many, we weren't even active actually on the transfer window so that news is simply bullshit.

1 hour ago, Sir McGiven said:

you sure?

I am here but mostly reading nowadays as I am busy as hell and don't have much to watch games. So I do not share my opinions as I might have missed many things already.

Regarding your other post, It is not a case that Besiktas not made a move because of he is offered to our rivals. We simply do not have money. We couldn't make a move for many, we weren't even active actually on the transfer window so that news is simply bullshit.

thank you!  he's fit now and played today, hopefully Carlo can get something out of him and get him back into form.