IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Easter Sunday April 21st

markjazzbassist

Great result. I'm away in Dumfries with the family, kept a watch of it on my mobile but signal was shit, then battery died! Managed to see Richarlison and Digne goals and patches of the game. Never looked troubled in the bits I seen.

Don't care what anyone says, or how pundits and PeteO want to play it, we smashed them. Convincingly.

Now keep the focus and carry it on for the next 3 games.

Right then. I'm home and calmed down so time to wrap this wonderful afternoon of football up. The pubs around the ground were absolutely bouncing before kick-off, most likely due to the heatwave and Easter weekend but it did set the tone for the start of the game, people were up for it and when the crowd are acting as the cliche ''12th man'' than things like today can happen. The stadium was buzzing from the first kick and we really put pressure on them from the whistle which was great to see, Charlie should arguably scored from one of our earlier corners but was denied by De Gea with a great save - good of him to keep his head up and get on the scoresheet a few minutes later when Phil Jones (who's proper stealing a living) didn't get near to the cross and a great acrobatic kick makes it 1-0. 

The second goal was a rocket, really poor from De Gea who had a bit of a nightmare but take nothing away from the finish. Right into the corner and bouncing just before the goalkeeper, an awful shot to try and save although the 'keeper should have done better. At 2-0 you really got the sense that it was game over despite just being over half an hour in, United just didn't seem to want it and the performance tonight could have been copied and pasted from the Moyes, van Gaal or Mourinho eras. There are some deep rooted problems at Manchester and it's going to take more than Solkjaer, Woodward or a new Director of Football to sort it out - there's so many players that simply should be starting for United that it hurts.

Second half and we should be comfortable but remember that this is Everton. I thought for the first 10 minutes we were awful, let United right back into the game and had they scored then it could have been a very different afternoon. Luckily we snatched a goal through a world-class strike from Lucas Digne (my MOTM) and once again it's game over. Funnily enough as the ball bounced to him I begged him not to shoot (I think it was Bernard who was free on the wing) but what do I know? Sensational. 

Gutted that both him and Richarlison went off but hopefully it's just a precaution than anything else. Amazing that we turned it into a proper drubbing with a fourth goal on the hour mark, pleased for Theo who's had a tough time in recent months. He's off the pace for us and will more than likely move on in the summer but I'd like him to finish his Everton career on a high, netting like that will hopefully set him on the right path to do just that. 

Although it would have been nice to be really sexy and push for five and six fair play to the squad for putting a foot on the ball and taking it down a gear. United were chasing shadows for the last half hour and wouldn't have scored with an hour extra for injury time. Martial and Matic should have been on the scoresheet but blazed wide, Rashford was completely useless (but will get a free pass because he's young). Laugh all you want but I actually thought Lukaku was the only decent United player this afternoon, won most of his headers but had absolutely nobody to link up to and can't do it all himself when you've got Zouma, Digne, Keane, Gueye and their Nan chasing him down because of who he is and where he is playing. Funny to see the crowd giving him grief although I don't understand why Romelu got so much stick and Barkley just got a few boos? Should have been the other way around but that's just my two cents. 

As for the rest of them; Pickford didn't have much to do but saved their only shot on target well. Coleman, Zouma, Keane and Digne didn't give United a sniff with the latter getting my MOTM, if he wants to stick around he could be the replacement for Baines we've been crying out for. An outstanding signing so far and someone who could quite easily go back to Barcelona if Jordi Alba wasn't who he is. 

Gueye was fantastic in the midfield and we're really going to miss him when he goes to Paris, another fantastic signing. Schneiderlin not bad alongside him although quieter of the two - shoutout to James McCarthy for getting back onto the field, a great roar from the Gwladys Street when he touched the ball for the first time. Bernard out wide was lethal, made an absolute fool out of Ashley Young all game and great work from Charlie out on the right. DCL up top really deserved a goal for such a good, hard-working afternoon. For all that they're stealing a living he made a mug out of Smalling, Jones and Lindelof who came on at half-time, just a bit disappointing that he didn't get a clear-cut chance to add himself to the scoresheet. 

My ''Worst Team at Goodison Award'' is like a London bus this year, Arsenal took the unwanted prize but United have snatched it off them. For all we were brilliant they were dreadful; Jones, Smalling, Lukaku, Martial, Young and Pogba nowhere near good enough for the squad let alone first team and there's riddled deadwood behind the scenes with the likes of Sanchez on about £842,000 a week. For all I think Ole is a limited manager (don't buy into the theory that he should be given a free pass regarding Cardiff) there's so many problems at United that it would be foolish to point the finger at the boss. David Moyes, Louis van Gaal andJose Mourinho have failed at Old Trafford so there is a common denominator, not all of those managers can be terrible and when you look at the CV's of the last two (and arguably Moyes) it just doesn't add up that it's always the managers fault. The next league title isn'tt coming anytime soon, City and Liverpool are light years ahead as it stands. 

8 hours ago, badaids said:

Just got in after 6 hour drive and missed 4 goals, after watching all of the dreck from last week.

I'll trump that. Eleven hours on the road for me including a stop at our booked hotel in Lancaster (where we were due to stay tonight) but the room was a rotting pig sty sauna with no A/C or fan available so we decided to bin it and drive on home:mad:. So left the Highlands at 10.00 this am and got home shortly after 9.00; at least I was in time for MOTD:).

Annoying really, what I should have done was book a hotel in Liverpool and I could've gone to the game (though we'd have had to have left Sottishland much earlier).

Garth Crooks in his team of the week...

Seamus Coleman: He now wears the Everton captain's armband and justifiably so. Seamus Coleman has played a massive part in the victories over Arsenal, Chelsea and now Manchester United. United were poor at Goodison Park and while they should be beating the likes of Everton, the emotional impact of losing to Barcelona in the Champions League cannot be underestimated.

What a knob.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'll trump that. Eleven hours on the road for me including a stop at our booked hotel in Lancaster (where we were due to stay tonight) but the room was a rotting pig sty sauna with no A/C or fan available so we decided to bin it and drive on home:mad:. So left the Highlands at 10.00 this am and got home shortly after 9.00; at least I was in time for MOTD:).

Annoying really, what I should have done was book a hotel in Liverpool and I could've gone to the game (though we'd have had to have left Sottishland much earlier).

Amateurs. My drive to New Jersey is 13 hours non-stop each way, and I do it three times a year - in addition to my weekly flights to work. 

Fantastic result today, and I saw maybe an hour of the game (including three goals). Only one team showed up. 

9 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Amateurs. My drive to New Jersey is 13 hours non-stop each way, and I do it three times a year...

The chauffeur eases the load though Steve does it not:P?

Forgot to mention that we stopped in a pub for some late lunch in Lancaster after evacuating our hotel room and I was served by a ManU supporter who'd not realised it was an early ko and asked me what I thought about the game when he saw my shirt; his face when I told him it was over and the result was priceless:lol:.

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Surely you must have passed a pub with the game on? 

On 19/04/2019 at 09:05, Finn balor said:

Be a goal fest I think get your bets on over 2.5 goals 

wish I had your crystal ball ;)

On 21/04/2019 at 14:15, hafnia said:

I think the club should make lifesized "Bernie bears".... I'd buy a couple for my boys to cuddle at night....in fact  I'd get one myself. 

steady on Haf we could think you have a soft spot  :lol:

On 21/04/2019 at 15:31, Gwlad all over said:

Pundits and especially Gary Nev being brutal about Man U

I hate that  and it is one reason I like the shite more than the mancs  …  everything is all about united.  did you hear what nev said about us?  "  Everton ran 4 miles further than United in the first half  ….  EVERTON!"  fuck you Neville  :shakingfist:

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Knocked a quick one up 

dirty cunt you at times 🤣

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

wish I had your crystal ball ;)

steady on Haf we could think you have a soft spot  :lol:

I hate that  and it is one reason I like the shite more than the mancs  …  everything is all about united.  did you hear what nev said about us?  "  Everton ran 4 miles further than United in the first half  ….  EVERTON!"  fuck you Neville  :shakingfist:

dirty cunt you at times 🤣

Neville pissed me off there.... United on it became relevant because of SAF..... they never had a brand before him. 

48 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

what happened, i can't make anything out in that clip

Seamus making a point of giving Jags the armband even though there were only five minutes left, show of respect for his club captain. Jags didn't ask for it.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Seamus making a point of giving Jags the armband even though there were only five minutes left, show of respect for his club captain. Jags didn't ask for it.

Jags must’ve said no at first as well because it looks like Seamus says “take it” with a bit of an angry head on :lol: 

9 hours ago, bluehuddo said:

In the tunnel before the match he did not acknowledge any United player. Had the fuck off don't talk to me face on. Great to see 

I've noticed he's done that in other games he's been captain. Just looks straight ahead, full of focus. Great stuff.

10 hours ago, bluehuddo said:

In the tunnel before the match he did not acknowledge any United player. Had the fuck off don't talk to me face on. Great to see 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

I've noticed he's done that in other games he's been captain. Just looks straight ahead, full of focus. Great stuff.

Exactly as it should be. And not just for the captain.