IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about it :)

It's just that there are two catch-all threads, one for Twitter rumours and one for rumours with no links so putting this one on the latter would have sense. It would just, IMO, make the area hard to read if a new thread is started for every tenious link.

• Matt changed the title to Rumours without a Link
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Just throwing it out there, but Bale anyone?

47 minutes ago, patto said:

600 thousand a week no thanks can’t see anyone paying that. 

im with @patto no thank you.  he's had attitude issues in madrid too.  Zidane is an excellent man manager, for Bale to still be sulking and stuff shows me he has issues.  Lastly, his agent stated he will see out his contract which means he's a greedy bastard.  Had he shown some humility (due to his shite form and injury record) and said he'd take a paycut and look elsewhere i'd be singing a different tune, but as is, hell no.  prima donna

54 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Lastly, his agent stated he will see out his contract which means he's a greedy bastard.  Had he shown some humility (due to his shite form and injury record) and said he'd take a paycut and look elsewhere i'd be singing a different tune, but as is, hell no.  prima donna

I would do the same, really. 600k a week, that's insane! He's almost 30 now, has 3 more years at Real and his footballing skills are rapidly declining.  That means he'll have another 100m at 33. Why would he turn them down knowing he will not get these money anywhere else?! It makes sense to take a paycut if you have one year left, but he has three and he'll lose a lot if doing so right now. And to be fair, who's gonna pay him even half of that salary?

52 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I would do the same, really. 600k a week, that's insane! He's almost 30 now, has 3 more years at Real and his footballing skills are rapidly declining.  That means he'll have another 100m at 33. Why would he turn them down knowing he will not get these money anywhere else?! It makes sense to take a paycut if you have one year left, but he has three and he'll lose a lot if doing so right now. And to be fair, who's gonna pay him even half of that salary?

this is a very European concept, that once you reach a certain pay raise it is somehow an affront to your humanity that (gasp!) you should ever make less money than that.  in the states professional athletes take pay cuts ALL THE TIME, because they are coming off injury and want to prove themselves, because they had a bad year and want to play more, because they simply want to continue playing at the highest level and know to do so they can't charge as much, and yes some players even take a pay cut TO HELP THE TEAM.  tom brady makes a small salary in american football, because he wants the team to have more money to put talented players around him, he makes a ton of money modeling and endorsements so he's able to do this.

Bale is already a multi-millionaire.  to a person like him a paycut won't affect his life in any way shape or form.  wouldn't affect his kids life even (if he is smart investment wise).  if he loves the game of football and wants to play its simple, you take a paycut and keep playing the game.  there is no shame in making less money to do something you love.

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve been reading €17m per year. That’s €326,000 per week, around £285,000. 

Give him a big signing on fee and try to get the wages down. Bale would take us up a notch. 

Exactly. 

Ridiculous wages and signing on fee? Yes. An excellent player at the level we aspire to. Yes. Marketing value? Yes. attracting other other excellent players to a project? Yes. 

An investment in my eyes. But also a pipe dream 

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. 

Ridiculous wages and signing on fee? Yes. An excellent player at the level we aspire to. Yes. Marketing value? Yes. attracting other other excellent players to a project? Yes. 

An investment in my eyes. But also a pipe dream 

Our Robinho or our Kaka? 😂

Think Mitrovic would be a good signing, at 24 he has bout 5 yrs prem experience now, puts himself about and in a good side could easily bag 15 plus goals next yr, him and one more, possibly Callum Wilson would bolster the striker position. But Wilson being over 25 may be overlooked by Brantds.

6 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Mauro Icardi anyone?

Should be unrealistic (stranger things have happened though!) but would be the dream signing ala Aguero for City - would instantly propel us. I don’t think, even with all the money, that we stand a cat in hells chance of getting him though.

• 1 month later...

This is way out there but I do think Weston McKennie is premier league quality. He just signed an extension with Schalke but I'll be hoping next year (after Jonjoe gets in his ear this season to tell him how great Everton is) that he would consider a move to us and replace Gana. Selfishly, we're overdue for another American! 

36 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

This is way out there but I do think Weston McKennie is premier league quality. He just signed an extension with Schalke but I'll be hoping next year (after Jonjoe gets in his ear this season to tell him how great Everton is) that he would consider a move to us and replace Gana. Selfishly, we're overdue for another American! 

He looks class. I can see him and Tyler Adams being great for the USA going forward.

Pulisic is also looking like he's ready for Chelsea at the moment.

All three have plenty of time on their side too.

• 2 weeks later...