IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

• 3 months later...
On 18/11/2018 at 13:09, Finn balor said:

Saw on one website today we are in for Declan rice at West Ham. He is exactly the type of player we should be in for. Can play holding midfield or centre half 

I don't know much about him. What are his strengths/weaknesses, and how would he fit in Silva's plan? I could look up a YouTube video on him, but YouTube could make Royston Drenthe look like a world-beater. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Just reading one website that someone reckons gana to PSG could be happening. Gana wants the move 

I hope not. Imagine what would happen against the bigger teams without him. Well no need to imagine, we’ve already saw.

Unless we can have a ready made replacement. Just not seeing many rumours up till now. Hoping Brands has something up his sleeve.

I like Gana, think he's very good at his role.  ...but realistically, he's 29 and we're going to need to replace him in the next 2-3 years anyway.  If we can turn him into £35m+ before then, we absolutely should.  The stated 20m is laughable though.

There will be replacements out there, Brands just needs to work his magic.  That Salzburg lad (Samassekou?) or Denis Zakaria spring to mind.

29 means 2-3 more seasons. If you want to move up you need players for 2-3 more seasons and age is irrelevant then, it’s all about what the player brings. Money is not the issue it once was for the club

Im all for building for the future, but that means over paying for players in their prime as well as introducing promising younger players and also keeping proven players at the club. 

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

I hope not. Imagine what would happen against the bigger teams without him. Well no need to imagine, we’ve already saw.

Unless we can have a ready made replacement. Just not seeing many rumours up till now. Hoping Brands has something up his sleeve.

Yeh just imagine, we have never been humbled with him in the side 😉

On a more serious note, he would definitely need to be replaced. Schneiderlin isnt going to fill his boots and who knows when / if McCarthy will be ready.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Yeh just imagine, we have never been humbled with him in the side 😉

On a more serious note, he would definitely need to be replaced. Schneiderlin isnt going to fill his boots and who knows when / if McCarthy will be ready.

Not getting into all that again haha pretty much everyone has said over and again... we do t think he’s world class, we just recognise the job he does here, and he does it well.

But your right, if we sell, we need to replace. He is the best we have in that position and should only be sold if we have a replacement in mind. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Youri Tielemans apparantly a target for Leicester. Should be on that!

A package deal with Djibril Sidibe.

Given the club's linked, he's probably out of our league already, but...Hope we're asking questions of the Sandro Tonali lad as well.  A young Italian DM, can't just let the Reds get him.

• 3 months later...

Scored a whopping six goals this season from 34 games. Probably one of the most overrated players around. A good season in Ligue 1 and the Belgian league and a short stint at Bundesliga (10m/7g). Apart from that his stats are poor. That six goals in that many games is pretty much on course of how he does. Even all leagues considered just over one goal every three matches, and almost half of these goals were scored in the Jupiler league.

4 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Michy Batshuayi -

Out of contract end of season. 25 years old. 

What are people’s thoughts on him?

Upgrade on Tosun or similar?

I wanted him before he went to Palace, now he’s not even starting every game for them. We need to aim higher I think. 

11 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Michy Batshuayi -

Out of contract end of season. 25 years old. 

What are people’s thoughts on him?

Upgrade on Tosun or similar?

His loan contract with Palace ends but he’ll still have at least 2 years left on his Chelsea contract having signed a 5 year deal when he joined - not sure if he’s signed an extension since.