IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

2 hours ago, Makis said:

That option would want at least a three year contract and wages would probably be around 100kpw. So this 32-year old would cost the club about 15 million in wages alone. And no-one would take a 34-year old off our hands even for free so he would see the contract out. Have we not learned anything from the other players the club doesn't need anymore but who can't be shifted because no-one else is as stupid?

If he contributes to us winning, I couldn’t care less about age or resale value. By your logic we wouldn’t have signed Barry, who was one of our best midfielders in recent memory 

57 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

It’s about a certain player to add to your team/squad. Like people have said it’s not about the re sale value it’s about the value. It’s about watching a class player that gives enjoyment to us as blues and can bring the younger players on. 

We tried that with Walsh & Koeman. We are still paying I don't know how many millions to some of those players.

If you think about it as a business, you bring him in and he improves the team, the team will finish higher up the league, gaining  more money and improving the reputation of the club ie more shirt sales and maybe bring higher calibre players to us. He'd also rub off on our younger players, which in turn will increase their value.

So his lack of sell on value could be off set by what he would bring to the club in other ways, we could easily make £8.5 million back. I don't include wages as you would have to pay someone else a wage to take his place.

It's not the older players that our holding the club back, it's the players we signed for big money on big wages, who are no where near the first team and we can't move on.

6 hours ago, Makis said:

I would like that player to be at least at the 100kpw level three years from now, not just for the next season. Mertens will be 35 in three years time.

You are assuming he will only sign a three year contract. If it’s that bad bringing in a 32 year old then no club will offer a contract of that length, therefore he would have to sign a shorter deal. 

Barry and Jags both served the club well in their 30s, Baines is doing so now. Nothing wrong with having good experienced pros in the team. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

You are assuming he will only sign a three year contract. If it’s that bad bringing in a 32 year old then no club will offer a contract of that length, therefore he would have to sign a shorter deal. 

Barry and Jags both served the club well in their 30s, Baines is doing so now. Nothing wrong with having good experienced pros in the team. 

I agree you do need some good old heads in the squad, whether you pay 100k a week and give them a 3 year deal who knows, but you have to bite the bullet at some point and take the gamble or you just stand still and not move on. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Why wouldn't he? Why would he settle for a shorter contract? This will be his last big contract. He wouldn't be moving to Everton to win trophies, that's for sure.

Is he really so good we can't get better and will he really improve the team that much?

9 hours ago, Makis said:

Why wouldn't he? Why would he settle for a shorter contract? This will be his last big contract. He wouldn't be moving to Everton to win trophies, that's for sure.

Is he really so good we can't get better and will he really improve the team that much?

But if a player that age shouldn’t get a three year deal then no one will give him one. If he is offered them kind of deals then he’s worth it in the market. 

Alternatively, he might like the idea of getting a one year contract and moving on for a nice signing on fee every year. 

7 minutes ago, Makis said:

According to StevO they were worth it:

"If he is offered them kind of deals then he’s worth it in the market. "

I’m not commenting on the player at all. I’m commenting on your opinion that he’ll only sign a three year deal. 

If there are clubs out there offering him a three year deal then he is worth a three year deal, that’s what the market dictates. If he isnt being offered three year deals then the market dictates he isn’t worth a three year deal. It’s not complicated, it’s how markets work. 

15 hours ago, Makis said:

So, Sigurdsson was worth what we paid for him and Schneiderlin is worth 120k pw?

When we bought Sigurdsson that was the price. We didn’t have to buy him but if we wanted him that’s what it would cost, the club were happy to pay it. 

When we signed Schneiderlin I don’t think anyone would complain what he was on in that first six months. He was a top performer when he came in. That was the same money he was on at United, if we wanted him that was what it cost and the club were happy to pay it. 

Both of these situations are very similar, and in both situations the club thought it was acceptable to pay it. 

You can buy a Bentley for £100k, a lot of people don’t think it’s worth it. You don’t have to buy it. But if you can afford it and you want it and you see the value, it’s your choice.
You can buy shoes for a tenner or shoes for a grand, if you’re willing to pay it that’s what it’s worth. 
The person selling doesn’t have to change the price, the person buying doesn’t have to buy. 

Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The same goes for footballers. 
Pogba and Lukaku worth their value? Not in my eyes, but United were happy to pay those prices so that’s the price. 

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not commenting on the player at all. I’m commenting on your opinion that he’ll only sign a three year deal. 

If there are clubs out there offering him a three year deal then he is worth a three year deal, that’s what the market dictates. If he isnt being offered three year deals then the market dictates he isn’t worth a three year deal. It’s not complicated, it’s how markets work. 

Well, I don't want Everton to be the idiots who over-inflate prices like that. Rather see us spend the money wisely.

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Well, I don't want Everton to be the idiots who over-inflate prices like that. Rather see us spend the money wisely.

So do I, but if there is a player we want and the selling team want big money it’s either pay the price or don’t get the player. If they want him enough they’ll pay it. We saw last year they wouldn’t go to Palace’s valuation on Zaha, they wanted him but not that much. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, StevO said:

Footballer wears football shirt shocker. 

Non story, but if we buy another striker it’s no problem. If we are to continue with two upfront then having four is ideal. 

First time in a long time I think we are okay here. Dom and Richie first 2 - both with room to develop and doing a great job. “If” Kean kicks on and becomes what is expected of him then we will have 3 of the best strikers in the league - I don’t want another striker taking up his minutes.

Simms is in the pipe line as well and has obviously got the talent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

In light of 3 starts & 3 defeats for Fulham and a tweet by Fulham's vice-chairman (Tony Khan) last night "I promise players in and better efforts from this squad", I can only hope Brands is on the case and is offering them all of our (ridiculously paid) dead wood, not marketed like that but you get to my drift.

I don't believe we will get rid of even half of this list (in this window) BUT I would be very happy getting rid of any of them but realistically think it would be more like any from Walcott down on my list. I'd then quickly reinvest saved wages &/or transfer fees to purchase a decent CB or winger - quickly. I can but live in hope.

Sigurdsson - The Crab
Davies - 😐 I really want him to succeed love seeing scousers in our squad but...
Delph - sick note
Walcott - impotent, on the pitch anyway
Tosun - injured I know
Ramirez - El Fantasma
Besic - The bruiser
Bolasie - seems to be a lovely guy but from a footie perspective words fail me

2 hours ago, Drs1972 said:

In light of 3 starts & 3 defeats for Fulham and a tweet by Fulham's vice-chairman (Tony Khan) last night "I promise players in and better efforts from this squad", I can only hope Brands is on the case and is offering them all of our (ridiculously paid) dead wood, not marketed like that but you get to my drift.

I don't believe we will get rid of even half of this list (in this window) BUT I would be very happy getting rid of any of them but realistically think it would be more like any from Walcott down on my list. I'd then quickly reinvest saved wages &/or transfer fees to purchase a decent CB or winger - quickly. I can but live in hope.

Sigurdsson - The Crab
Davies - 😐 I really want him to succeed love seeing scousers in our squad but...
Delph - sick note
Walcott - impotent, on the pitch anyway
Tosun - injured I know
Ramirez - El Fantasma
Besic - The bruiser
Bolasie - seems to be a lovely guy but from a footie perspective words fail me

Well spotted, I’d be happy for them to take Delph, Ramirez Bolassie and Besic, Tosuns a good finisher maybe worth keeping hold for this season as back up for DCL.