IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Has anyone been watching him for PSG?

And a couple on here think of him as a sitting midfielder haha. It’s been an excellent move for him, he looks to have more freedom there and it’s showing in his performances. He’s even improved since leaving us.

He had freedom here but he only ever did it once, against Cardiff reserves in the 90th minute. That's about the level of the rest of the French league.

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

How anyone could watch Davies, Gomes Or Gylfi in our midfield this season and not think Gana would have been a huge upgrade is totally beyond comprehension for me 

Does it really matter? He's not our player anymore. I would take Barkley over any of them but that doesn't change anything. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

One to keep an eye on this summer is Jerome Boateng. Free agent and played for Carlo at Bayern. No opinion on the player just saying the journos will eventually connect dots and we will be linked. Only Brands and co. will know if it's genuine interest.

Wouldn't be unhappy with being linked to him. 

5 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

One to keep an eye on this summer is Jerome Boateng. Free agent and played for Carlo at Bayern. No opinion on the player just saying the journos will eventually connect dots and we will be linked. Only Brands and co. will know if it's genuine interest.

I once saw his brother on an elephant ride in Thailand. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting this rumour... Matheus Periera anyone? 

I liked the little I saw of him last season and he is their one player of quality. 

The only question I would have is whether he fits in as I think he is best through the middle and we don't really need that. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Talk of Rueben Neves being available for around £35m from Wolves, would love him here

Absolutely! They would have got a lot more than that for him a while back. I’d love him in our team. 

30 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Talk of Rueben Neves being available for around £35m from Wolves, would love him here

So would I always highly rated him, last season looked like he was in the sights of Man City. A steal at that price. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

My bad, he can also float the ball across the pitch. A definite yes for £35m+ now :lol:.

Two good feet, can pick a pass , has an eye for a goal and can go box to box . Basically everything our midfield can’t do and he has been virtually an ever present for Wolves ever since he signed so tends to stay fit

My two pennies worth is that he is a bit too much like Allan in what I would want him to do in this team. You wouldn't want a midfield with the two of them together too often. 

There are surely better ways for us to spend that money than on a type of player we purchased only last summer.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

My two pennies worth is that he is a bit too much like Allan in what I would want him to do in this team. You wouldn't want a midfield with the two of them together too often. 

There are surely better ways for us to spend that money than on a type of player we purchased only last summer.

Neves isn’t a ball winning midfielder? He’s someone who gets on the ball and knocks it’s around, excellent set pieces and chips in with goals. Would compliment Doucoure & Allan nicely but is a steep price. Definite upgrade on Gomes though

14 hours ago, Btay said:

Neves isn’t a ball winning midfielder? He’s someone who gets on the ball and knocks it’s around, excellent set pieces and chips in with goals. Would compliment Doucoure & Allan nicely but is a steep price. Definite upgrade on Gomes though

https://www.molineux.news/news/some-wolves-fans-wowed-as-remarkable-ruben-neves-stat-emerges/

When compared to every player in the league he finished 6th in most tackles, 12th in most fouls. He can do more than just win the ball, like Allan can, but we need someone with a bit more quality at that price. We don't need another "knock it around" type players.

He isn't a creative player from what I have seen (1 assist). Sure he can bang one in the back of the net but and that would make him the upgrade on Allan (and being younger) or whoever you wanted to put in that position, but I don't think you would necessarily want both of them in the side together.