IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

I know it's frowned upon to say something like this but Carlo really needs to have a good think about what he's doing at the moment. Yes, the players are responsible too but he is not blameless for these wank performances. The way he's set us up for maybe the past month or so is very questionable and he must take his share of the blame.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know it's frowned upon to say something like this but Carlo really needs to have a good think about what he's doing at the moment. Yes, the players are responsible too but he is not blameless for these wank performances. The way he's set us up for maybe the past month or so is very questionable and he must take his share of the blame.

I actually think he's pissed off with player recruitment and he's being pedantic. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't think he does his washing in public but I sense that he wanted more than what he got in the summer.  

Hoijberg, Magalhaes, the full back from Spain etc. 

I think he did pretty well out of the window personally and he would have signed off on the final squad too. If he wanted another full back I am sure he would have got one but he said Niels would be back up.

As Romey says though, given the calibre of manager he is, I would be very annoyed with him if it was the case.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I think he did pretty well out of the window personally and he would have signed off on the final squad too. If he wanted another full back I am sure he would have got one but he said Niels would be back up.

As Romey says though, given the calibre of manager he is, I would be very annoyed with him if it was the case.

He's using up a bit of good will... That's for sure. 

Just now, Btay said:

Delph is not an option. What a shame to not have such an attacking, energetic fullback in Niels but not even make the squad. I hope for Carlo’s sake he was injured.

He played for City, you know, so he must be fucking brilliant. Just forget what you've witnessed with your own eyes, that's all that matters.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

He played for City, you know, so he must be fucking brilliant. Just forget what you've witnessed with your own eyes, that's all that matters.

I hold my hand up as I high as I can. I believed he could cover a few roles and be an asset but fuck me Davies and Iwobi out shone him playing as a wing back. Fucks me off the arrogance he walks around with though.

Just now, Btay said:

I hold my hand up as I high as I can. I believed he could cover a few roles and be an asset but fuck me Davies and Iwobi out shone him playing as a wing back. Fucks me off the arrogance he walks around with though.

It pains me seeing him in an Everton shirt and for a multitude of reasons. I feel myself getting angry seeing it and I cannot wait for the day he is no longer associated with our football club.

In the past 4 or 5 games we've had key players out with no adequate cover for them. 

Richarlison is the drive in the squad, Digne is the creativity, Coleman is the leader. 

We need all our best attacking players fit in order to compensate for the shambles of a defence we have. I think Carlo appricates it's not going to be easy to get into Europe and can't afford to gamble on Gordon and Neils. A lot of people I saw on twitter really weren't happy with it but Leeds are a very threatening team and Neils would have been under a lot of pressure, maybe carlo is protecting him as well. 

The defence minus Allan is rotton and deeply inconsistent, from pickford to all our centre backs. 

We need a new goalkeeper and a solid leader in centre half who can bring whoever is playing along side him up. In hindsight Thiago Silva probably would have really improved this squad. 

It seems not one position in the squad can be adequately covered in the event of injury, minus in net where I doubt there's much in it. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It pains me seeing him in an Everton shirt and for a multitude of reasons. I feel myself getting angry seeing it and I cannot wait for the day he is no longer associated with our football club.

Agreed. Allan is everything Delph thinks he is but he offers nothing, at all.

I really hope Gbamin is a decent player and forces him out of the squad.

He does stink of a player who because he was teammates with aguero and de bruyne he thinks he's that level.

Looking back at the Amazon documentary and that half time speech..... It just smacked of a player trying too hard to prove he belonged.

Mentally he retired when he left city and is using us for pocket money like a bloke who sacks off his stressful corporate job to stack shelves 2 days a week. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He does stink of a player who because he was teammates with aguero and de bruyne he thinks he's that level.

Looking back at the Amazon documentary and that half time speech..... It just smacked of a player trying too hard to prove he belonged.

Mentally he retired when he left city and is using us for pocket money like a bloke who sacks off his stressful corporate job to stack shelves 2 days a week. 

Yeh, but the ex corporate probably does a good job stacking the shelves.!

The thing that struck me most about yesterday's game is the difference in the discipline and application between the two sides and I think that reflects on their respective managers. 

Leeds' players were running through walls and James, Richarlison and DCL have basically been told to not worry too much about defending because someone else will do it for you. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I find it a bit odd that there is a lot of focus on Delph when he came on as a sub and actually did OK. 

Of all the performances we saw yesterday, I was least concerned by his. 

Because there was no performance? It was like we took a player off without bringing someone on.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Because there was no performance? It was like we took a player off without bringing someone on.

Come on Matt, what was he going to do as a left wing back in a game where we were always on the back foot? He offered just as much as Iwobi and Davies, but certainly no less. 

If you're not happy with him coming on then that is down to Ancelotti for making a pointless sub rather than Delph for doing as much as he really could be expected to do in the circumstances. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Come on Matt, what was he going to do as a left wing back in a game where we were always on the back foot? He offered just as much as Iwobi and Davies, but certainly no less. 

If you're not happy with him coming on then that is down to Ancelotti for making a pointless sub rather than Delph for doing as much as he really could be expected to do in the circumstances. 

I wouldn’t have noticed him if he hadn’t gone for the bellyflop, it was just pathetic and more infuriating as was about to post he’d done well tracking back and winning the ball. Not saying I blame him for coming on; as I said in the match day thread it was logical. I keep hoping he’s going to show me up and make me look stupid but he keeps doing stupid things like that. 

Thought Davies did alright to be honest be all things considered. At least he tried

On 30/11/2020 at 07:33, Matt said:

I wouldn’t have noticed him if he hadn’t gone for the bellyflop, it was just pathetic and more infuriating as was about to post he’d done well tracking back and winning the ball. Not saying I blame him for coming on; as I said in the match day thread it was logical. I keep hoping he’s going to show me up and make me look stupid but he keeps doing stupid things like that. 

Thought Davies did alright to be honest be all things considered. At least he tried

Delph will always do something stupid, so don't worry you are safe!

They all tried, I don't think there is any doubt about that but trying isn't good enough. He completed only 61% of his passes, the lowest in the team so maybe he should have tried harder!

44 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Delph will always do something stupid, so don't worry you are safe!

They all tried, I don't think there is any doubt about that but trying isn't good enough. He completed only 61% of his passes, the lowest in the team so maybe he should have tried harder!

Made some good tackles and create a chance too if i remember correctly. It was a bad day in the office for nearly all of them as we’ve said though, hopefully we don’t see that mess again at Burnley 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

spot on with the tactics tonight.  back to the 433 and the 4 CB's were a wall that chelsea simply couldn't get through.  it was also nice to see a Plan B without James.  The counter attacking was quick and the punting to DCL was another strategy.  bravo carlo

Yeah, he had it wrong for weeks but tonight it was a perfect game plan and formation.

The 3 at the back nonsense will hopefully we done with now. Tonight the players looked organised and like they knew their roles. Shock, horror!