IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Spurs I agree Leicester 50/50 Utd and Wolves will hold their own or even improve, what concerns me is our central defence possible one of the weakest in the top 12, there’s still time to get one decent CH in of the same standard of the the three mids we bought, if we fail to do that it could cost us big time. 

Yeh I think Spurs and Leicester too but I wouldnt write them off either. Spurs are going to be awkward and we will see what happens with them Sunday. I can only see Utd and Arsenal improving, Wolves aren't going anywhere, Burnley will be a pain and I expect Sheffield Utd will be too. 

I think its going to be an exciting season, at least for the neutrals.

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t care. We do our job and it’s irrelevant what they do because we’ll have enough points to displace one or more of them. 

They will be saying the same thing though. These games against similar ranking sides are going to prove to be very important this season, hopefully starting with 3 points on Sunday!

49 minutes ago, Bailey said:

For those of you that say 6th plus, if Ancelotti doesn't deliver should he be sacked? 

I think we have to stick with this one for 2 or 3 years at least to allow him to build. If we finished anywhere below 10th that could be re-assessed, but imagine the players he can attract every single window. 

We say it a lot but this time we must be patient. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

For those of you that say 6th plus, if Ancelotti doesn't deliver should he be sacked? 

No way.

If we finish above 8th it should be deemed as growing. We have new players, but we have no idea how fast they will settle.

We should be happy to see progress this season. The type of football we play, and the intensity is what I will judge Carlo on.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

They will be saying the same thing though. These games against similar ranking sides are going to prove to be very important this season, hopefully starting with 3 points on Sunday!

Like I said, if we take care of our own business i.e. beating those teams around us, then it's totally irrelevant. Come on, Bailey, lighten up a bit. It comes to something when I'm having to tell someone to do that!

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

No. I said it would be failure if we don't get a European place, and it would be, but failure has to be also be allowed sometimes. As long as we've shown progress and that we've had a good go at getting a European place then that's a failure that can be accepted so to speak. We can't keep chopping and changing or we'll never get anywhere.

42 minutes ago, StevO said:

Even with the signings and Carlo I don’t see us breaking the top six. I think we will improve a lot, but seeing a team drop out is the problem for me. I hope one of them falls apart though. 
A cup win would be fantastic. 

Evolution not revolution. Evolution takes time.

Top 6/7 this season and a positive change of playing style and mentality.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Even with the signings and Carlo I don’t see us breaking the top six. I think we will improve a lot, but seeing a team drop out is the problem for me. I hope one of them falls apart though. 
A cup win would be fantastic. 

Just being competitive in the cups would be fantastic. The last time was under Martinez and the only time before that was the final under Moyes. 

I don't think we will be far away at all if we can have some defensive solidarity/reliable goalkeeping.

The midfield additions will help in both attack and defence.

I'm hoping that up front Richarlison kicks on to world class level... That DCL gets more composure and maybe Kean emerges as a genuine player.   I do think we need a pacey wide player and Zaha could fit the bill at a good price.

After yesterday's game it's clear how much palace rely on Zaha do they won't want to sell cheap but he looks like he wants to go. 

55 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't think we will be far away at all if we can have some defensive solidarity/reliable goalkeeping.

The midfield additions will help in both attack and defence.

I'm hoping that up front Richarlison kicks on to world class level... That DCL gets more composure and maybe Kean emerges as a genuine player.   I do think we need a pacey wide player and Zaha could fit the bill at a good price.

After yesterday's game it's clear how much palace rely on Zaha do they won't want to sell cheap but he looks like he wants to go. 

Also I think our defence is not more than average against the top 8, games are going to be very tight possibly one goal in it, with Keane Mina and Holgate for me there is no leadership no standout player who I trust to keep us in the tight games, I hope I’m proven wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Since well actually have a midfield this season, I’m hoping the defence and Pickford have a lot less to do 

So do I but I still want that top player in there to run and shore up the back line, that in the big games when the defence is called upon they aren’t found wanting. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

I agree - I know you can’t go off one game but it looks a shame we didn’t get Gabriel.

Your right he did look composed Okay it could be argued that Fulham didn’t offer many problems, but his positioning stood out last man dictating the line and always ready to receive a pass and could use of the ball, I think we saw why Ancelotti was so keen to get him, a shame really but we move on in the hope of a bigger and better player. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Carlo has been very bold there. Putting them all in. Shows what he thinks of the midfield from last season. 

Or, more positively, he’s seen enough in a week to feel confident and knows that getting them all on the pitch as much as he can straight away is the best way to get them to gel