IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

2 hours ago, jofanon said:

You guys are falling into the everton trap of hope.

We've been here before right?

What’s left with out hope, even if the reality of our world is doom we wouldn’t be here without the hope of better things to come. Amen 🙏
That’s my sermon done on this beautiful Sunday morning as we find ourselves top of the league full of hope. 

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

What an acquisition and well done to the board for selling the dream and backing him. 

sometimes i see carlo and everton in the same sentence and i still can't believe it.  credit to moshiri, he got the right manager and he opened the wallet this summer.  i've been critical in the past but he has got it right an it looks like it could be life changing for this club.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

In these horrible times I'm so glad to be Evertonian. Gives you the faith to look forward to better times. Moshiri et al have got it wrong but that's business and life - learn by mistakes. Keep the faith is always there for us Blues.

amen, credit to Bill K as well, he hung in there and didn't give up on finding the right owner, could have cashed in but got Moshiri and now he can live in peace with that.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

amen, credit to Bill K as well, he hung in there and didn't give up on finding the right owner, could have cashed in but got Moshiri and now he can live in peace with that.

He turned down the owner of City... He almost sold the club to a man living in a bedsit... Lets not go overboard now, Mark :lol: 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

What do you mean? He sold his house (he didn’t) to keep the club from going under after years and years of (his own) poor running of the football club. 
He gave everything!! Even his own piss in the boys pen. 

The list of his failures is far bigger than his successes. I appreciate him stepping in when Johnson had to go but he was here far longer than he should have been (a bit like Moyes, he got comfortable). I believe him when he said he was only stepping in short-term but when he got that position of owning the club he supports he just couldn't let it go and clung on. I believe that's why (or at least part of the reason) he pushed so hard for Kirkby and condoned all the lies told around that debacle (Goodison still getting a safety certificate I see!). He thought if he could get us to a new stadium he could hold on for a bit longer again. Lets not even go near the shit show of King's Dock because that one still hurts me (ring-fenced!). 

As much as I try I can't hate kenwright.... He does a great job of acting up his love of the club and it's infectious.

That said, he has presided over a disgraceful episode of decisions, recruited in people to cover his arse and basically caused a culture within the club that has seen us fall away. He just disappoints me immensely. 

I can't slag him off - Not that we will know, but who else was waiting in the wings to pick up the club from Johnson. Kenwright was probably not the right man to (or have the right skill set) pick this up but I dont recall any other saviours from these days. Kenwright may have been too much of a fan of the club, but did what he could within his means - the club missed the boat of investment pre-Premier League and was always on catch-up. The European ban on English clubs had a massive impact on the advancement and money of our club in the late 80s. 

2 hours ago, Cisk said:

I can't slag him off - Not that we will know, but who else was waiting in the wings to pick up the club from Johnson. Kenwright was probably not the right man to (or have the right skill set) pick this up but I dont recall any other saviours from these days. Kenwright may have been too much of a fan of the club, but did what he could within his means - the club missed the boat of investment pre-Premier League and was always on catch-up. The European ban on English clubs had a massive impact on the advancement and money of our club in the late 80s. 

The late 80s did plenty of damage, but the 90s really put the boot in. Not all Kenwright, I know. 
And everyone was happy he took the club from Johnson. That’s never been the issue. It’s after about five years, and many fiascos and ridiculous incidents around selling the club and failures when it came to stadium plans. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Will we end up with a statue of Carlo outside BMD? 

I saw a tweet from Michael Ball earlier saying he felt calm watching us, I can’t remember ever being this calm watching us. It just seems like we are in control all of the time. But the players seem calm too, just like they know there will be more goals. 
It’s so much more enjoyable. If we beat Brighton at the weekend I’m not sure I’ll be able to wait two weeks to see us play again. 

i will fly over and built it myself!  the transformation is real, i'm so happy.