IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

51 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Give it a rest, Haf

You serious? I've been a big supporter of Tosun and seen him as a hard working player who was all about the team. 

It was an awful 3 minutes, misscontrolled a pass, put us under the cosh and didn't bother trying to win it back. Gylfi was screaming at him which was something I never thought I'd see. 

It was a baffling decision by Ancellotti, DCL is critical at winning fouls, killing the game.  Taking him off at that stage wasn't a good call. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I genuinely still can’t believe he’s our manager.

Carlo Ancelotti; Everton manager. Fucking hell.

It's a coup for sure but I also think we deserve him. We're one of the world's major clubs. Credit to Moshiri for keeping his huge ambition and landing Carlo's signature, and for backing him in the market. Sam Allardyce seems like a bad distant memory now. Watching him go to West Brom while we have the guy who managed Real Madrid and Bayern Munich is so fucking satisfying. His son Davide seems like the real deal too, I'll be happy to see him take over from Carlo something like 10 years from now. 

4 hours ago, Isaiah said:

It's a coup for sure but I also think we deserve him. We're one of the world's major clubs. Credit to Moshiri for keeping his huge ambition and landing Carlo's signature, and for backing him in the market. Sam Allardyce seems like a bad distant memory now. Watching him go to West Brom while we have the guy who managed Real Madrid and Bayern Munich is so fucking satisfying. His son Davide seems like the real deal too, I'll be happy to see him take over from Carlo something like 10 years from now. 

Allardyce was the punishment the board deserved for mismanaged transfers, contracts and Steve Walsh. Unfortunately the fans had to endure it but we should never forget that we spent a shitload of money and needed that shit stain to keep us in the league.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Allardyce was the punishment the board deserved for mismanaged transfers, contracts and Steve Walsh. Unfortunately the fans had to endure it but we should never forget that we spent a shitload of money and needed that shit stain to keep us in the league.

He served his purpose and did what he was brought into to do, and he made massive money doing it, then what was the cost for Silva in his time here with the compensation to Watford and paying up his contract, in fairness probably money well spent when you consider he was the catalyst for getting Richarlison to sign, when he goes we will more than double what we paid for him. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

As for big Sam, I have never seen such negative football in my life. We avoided relegation but we were also taking steps towards it had he stayed in my opinion. 

What was it, three games without a shot on target? It was horrific and I genuinely would not have attended a game until he was gone if he'd been kept for the following season.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

I liked Silva personally and his “idea” of football. The issue is and also with Martinez that they are one dimensional. If they manage an excellent team then it works - see Pep. I think we were naive again by hiring him. Spoilt though because Ancelotti is simply different class albeit not immune from mistakes himself.

As for big Sam, I have never seen such negative football in my life. We avoided relegation but we were also taking steps towards it had he stayed in my opinion. 

This! We’ve played some great football under Martinez, Silva and Ancelotti. But when things have gone wrong Martinez and Silva just carried on the same. Ancelotti kept changing until we got it right. 
Under Martinez and Silva we would be winning a tight game and they keep attacking until the last minute and we threw it away so often. Ancelotti will literally put seven defenders on the pitch and bore the game to death for the three points. 
These “philosophies” that some managers bring is all well and good, but Ancelotti has one philosophy; win!

As for Sam, he also has a philosophy; don’t concede goals at all costs. It’s has its benefits, but it’s not for me. 

On 20/12/2020 at 06:49, Btay said:

🤦‍♂️ - Please don’t succumb to this media influenced rubbish. Big Sam had people believing this but it’s NOT true! We were poor but we just got an emphatic win over West Ham before he joined and I think we were 12th. 

Sorry, this is big pet hate of mine! As it’s simply not true. 

3 hours ago, barryj said:

🤦‍♂️ - Please don’t succumb to this media influenced rubbish. Big Sam had people believing this but it’s NOT true! We were poor but we just got an emphatic win over West Ham before he joined and I think we were 12th. 

Thing people forget is he was never brought here as a long term project, Moshiri brought him in to keep us up whether you or me thought that was needed is immaterial we didn’t get a choice, Moshiri wanted to give him a 6 month contract he wouldn’t accept that and they settled on 18 months, he did what he was paid to do taking us from 15th to 8th and promptly sacked with the nice payday he negotiated. 
He had signed his contract before the West Ham game and was watching in the stands with Moshiri and Kenwright, whether that had any influence on the game or not no one will ever truly no. 
I feel your anger should be with Moshiri for him being here he never approached them they approached him. 

On 21/12/2020 at 06:53, barryj said:

This. I honestly wish we had just Koeman a bit more time to try and find our feet - It was going to be a lost season, but no way we would've gotten relegated. Watching Allardyce was painful.

On 21/12/2020 at 21:53, barryj said:

I don’t know mate. Koeman was a horrible manager in my opinion.

On 21/12/2020 at 19:15, Romey 1878 said:

What was it, three games without a shot on target? It was horrific and I genuinely would not have attended a game until he was gone if he'd been kept for the following season.

What did me was the Man City game were Fernandinho had more of the ball than our whole team. We won the second half 1-0 because we were that shit City saved their legs and the fat fuck wouldn’t shut up about our second half like it was an achievement.