IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I could name my worst childhood memory in a second, without hesitation. Being burgled isn't just the material that is taken, it's the feeling that comes afterwards of what has happened and what could have happened to make it ten times worse. 

Anyone that breaks into someone else's property is scum and doesn't have the basic human morals that should be expected from everyone - regardless of their background or life story. 

Hopefully Carlo gets his safe back and the incident didn't traumatise his daughter too much, just glad that everyone in the household was unharmed.

I get that Zoo the first time it happened my kids game consoles and games were taken, they were so upset 10,8 and 6 hard for them to understand and scary as well all though it didn’t have any lasting effects that we are aware of kids are resilient. 
But what has happened to Carlo and his family is frightening, his daughter must be in pieces and the rest of the family for that matter, things could have turned out a lot worse in situations like that, there are some fucking low life’s out there. 

Not sure about Europe but here in the states the fuzz recommend having exterior lights left on at night.  A well lit up house is less likely to be robbed, I guess because they could be seen easily and also it looks like people are home.  I’ve got floodlights in my backyard and side lights on my driveway, always leave the front porch light on as well.  I put LED bulbs in all of them so it won’t hurt my electric bill, does give me a sense of comfort.  Also on the first floor we don’t have any TV or expensive electronics.  So it doesn’t look like a good target (unlike the neighbor who you can see their 90” screen lit up from space through their front window).

Were the tactics actually that good?

We had three meaningful attempts in open play in the game against a side that played most of the game against two distinctly average centre backs and no genuine holding midfielders. On the whole, we were unable to hold any sort of meaningful possession or generate regular counter attacking opportunities. The thing that we did do in this game and have done under Ancellotti is convert those chances.

Whilst we did restrict them to very few chances, they still had enough to win the game on another day. My view, is that if we play that way 100 times, we will lose more than we win.

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that we finally got one over on them but looking forward, I hope and expect a lot better than that.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We had three meaningful attempts in open play in the game against a side that played most of the game against two distinctly average centre backs and no genuine holding midfielders. On the whole, we were unable to hold any sort of meaningful possession or generate regular counter attacking opportunities. The thing that we did do in this game and have done under Ancellotti is convert those chances.

Whilst we did restrict them to very few chances, they still had enough to win the game on another day. My view, is that if we play that way 100 times, we will lose more than we win.

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that we finally got one over on them but looking forward, I hope and expect a lot better than that.

I can only think of three chances they had with the tame Mane header that would never go in. Salah but he never had the space or angle. With their best chance being a volley from outside the box, how often do they go in once a season maybe? 

We weren't clinical, the chances were much more clear cut. We had the better chances and looked more likely to score on the counter than they did at breaking us down. More so when DCL came on. 

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't agree with that at all - Liverpool had the lions share of possession, but that was about it (and we where set up to allow that). The did very little to hurt us - Pickford made a couple of decent saves - but I think had he not made the saves their would be plenty on his case. It was nothing like the Man City game where they actually did simply run us in to the ground.

Liverpool only really had a decent spell at the beginning of the second half. 

I think tactically Ancelotti got it spot on - if we had played more open in an effort to get at their centre backs more we would have been more likely to concede. Simple as that. We were also 0 -1 up very early, so was far more important to keep it tight than get a second goal. We may have go at them a little more had it been 0-0, will never know. 

But at 0-1 throughout much of the game it was just as likely to be 0-2 as 1-1.   So away to the Champions, tactics seemed OK to me. 

Over night we are not going to go from a mid table team to a team who will come out and dominate play against Liverpool or the likes. 

We are now getting to many positive results playing this way against top 6 teams for it to be a bit of luck.

We just now need to now get on top of getting results in game in which we dominate possession. 

On 21/02/2021 at 09:21, Romey 1878 said:

He looked as happy, and as blown away, as us that we'd actually done it when Sky got him straight after the game. You could tell that he genuinely understood just how massive that win was to the fans.

I'm not someone that particularly cares whether the manager gets us or not, but Carlo does. He really does. The way he's embraced the club, the fans, the area, our history... It's not just because he's a fantastic manager, it's more because he's a fantastic man.

I think you are spot on -  Ancelotti is the closet we could get to having a home grown manager. I imagine he actually knew fairly little about the club before he was approached for the job, but like you said he fully embraces every aspect of the clubs he works for and does his best to deliver to the remit his employers have given him.

Having read in his book about his disappointment at not be given the time to deliver a longer term project at PSG (for which he was originally employed) you can just tell him coming to Everton is because he is just as genuinely enthusiastic about this 'Everton project'.

He has 'been there and done that' and has won pretty much everything there is to win in the game - His head is not going be be turned by offers from 'big clubs'. I would hazard a guess that he would not want to leave until he has actually achieve and delivered what he has been employed to do.  How many non home grown managers could you honestly have fair in to do that. 

We have been through a lot of pain going through Koeman and Silva, but if we had a couple of improved years under either of them (say something similar to how a fresh Poch succeeded at Spur), in all likelihood they will have dumped us for the  Barcelona's of this world (and taken their favourite players) with them leaving us back at square one. I now count us as very luck to have Ancelotti at the club.

I am with you totally, we have a fantastic man and manager leading out club at the moment - the longer he is here and the more he leaves his unique footprint on this club of ours the better.  

If anybody hasn't read his book yet, its definitely worth reading, it details all that is important to him in life and football and its great to see it being implemented at Everton. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

and people think Romey is negative, FFS you are one miserable bastard bailey

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and people think Romey is negative, FFS you are one miserable bastard bailey

This actually annoys me a bit because when it’s good I literally bounce off the walls. When we won our first 7 games this season I probably enjoyed it and played it up more than anyone on here!

I just get seriously pissed off when it’s shit as well.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

This actually annoys me a bit because when it’s good I literally bounce off the walls. When we won our first 7 games this season I probably enjoyed it and played it up more than anyone on here!

to be fair it was more a dig at bailey then you, if i offended, i apologize.  i loved how happy you were at the beginning of the year when we were top of the league and winning games left and right, so i know that you aren't always cranky.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

to be fair it was more a dig at bailey then you, if i offended, i apologize.  i loved how happy you were at the beginning of the year when we were top of the league and winning games left and right, so i know that you aren't always cranky.

:lol: not offended like, more just thinking it’s an unfair label 😛

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Miserable bastard 😂

58 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

When you’re happy you let it out into the real world. When you’re not you let it out on TT. 😂