IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I tried to resist commenting on this to protect my sanity but there is only so much crap being talked that I can take before I have to wade in!!

I’m glad you did it as I was summoning up the energy through gritted teeth. He was toxic, didn’t care for the club one iota and his idea of football is woeful. Short memories. 

Nothing to do with snobbery... our players deserved allardyce - the fans didn't.  

That bunch of pricks (in the main) don't deserve to have played under Carlo, and he doesn't deserve to manage them.  It won't do him or us any harm... it's a good system reboot for him.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Nothing to do with snobbery... our players deserved allardyce - the fans didn't.  

That bunch of pricks (in the main) don't deserve to have played under Carlo, and he doesn't deserve to manage them.  It won't do him or us any harm... it's a good system reboot for him.

So what does that say about our owner because he brought him here, I’ve just finished reading an excellent article on Moshiri, with the question is he the solution or the problem, and the conclusion is he is very much the problem at the moment. 
One comment struck a chord with me when he joined us we had been classed as the best of the rest, not any more Leicester and Wolves have over taken us in that department. But back to Allardyce I despise and hate him as much as anyone for the person he is, and I could easily do a Boris Johnson and slag him off as a person and give him zero credit for what he did here, but I’m not looking for votes, no matter how much I despise him as a person I have to accept that he was brought into this club to do a job, to stop the free fall of spiralling defeats and that is what he did, and for all of the hatred we have to accept that that happened we can’t deny it it’s in our history. So my post of he steadied the ship and made us solid in defence, which is what Ancelotti and Arteta have done, but he wasn’t given any credit for that because of who he was hated, brought the hormonal bitches out in there hoards, I would normally call them a bunch of pricks, but obviously most of them sit down to take a piss, and not through choice I thought I would add that because apparently some blokes do sit down to have a piss.  

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

So what does that say about our owner because he brought him here, I’ve just finished reading an excellent article on Moshiri, with the question is he the solution or the problem, and the conclusion is he is very much the problem at the moment. 
One comment struck a chord with me when he joined us we had been classed as the best of the rest, not any more Leicester and Wolves have over taken us in that department. But back to Allardyce I despise and hate him as much as anyone for the person he is, and I could easily do a Boris Johnson and slag him off as a person and give him zero credit for what he did here, but I’m not looking for votes, no matter how much I despise him as a person I have to accept that he was brought into this club to do a job, to stop the free fall of spiralling defeats and that is what he did, and for all of the hatred we have to accept that that happened we can’t deny it it’s in our history. So my post of he steadied the ship and made us solid in defence, which is what Ancelotti and Arteta have done, but he wasn’t given any credit for that because of who he was hated, brought the hormonal bitches out in there hoards, I would normally call them a bunch of pricks, but obviously most of them sit down to take a piss, and not through choice I thought I would add that because apparently some blokes do sit down to have a piss.  

Actually sat down for a piss while I read that. 

No idea why you’re getting into name calling though Palfy. 

42 minutes ago, StevO said:

Actually sat down for a piss while I read that. 

😂 now that was funny, I was actually hoping that my comment would be seen as lighthearted fun because I found it humorous when writing it, but I’m not gonna worry that you found it insulting we all have different ideas on what is funny and what isn’t. 
When you sat down to have a piss did you wipe yourself with toilet roll when finished 🙈

My question is still this though, did he steady the ship? Or was it already steadied and better results were coming. 
His results suggest that he did no better than Dunc, though Dunc had the fans singing and the players fighting. 

My son became an Everton fan after we lost to Leicester on penalty’s, because the atmosphere was electric that night. And the fans singing out his name was great. Did Sam do any better?

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

My question is still this though, did he steady the ship? Or was it already steadied and better results were coming. 
His results suggest that he did no better than Dunc, though Dunc had the fans singing and the players fighting. 

My son became an Everton fan after we lost to Leicester on penalty’s, because the atmosphere was electric that night. And the fans singing out his name was great. Did Sam do any better?

Have you been drinking mate?

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

You need to sit down and have a piss mate😀 The answer is no. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Have you been drinking mate?

Haha no mate. I dont think Sam did anything more than Dunc did, did he? 
I honestly preferred the football we played when Ferguson took over for a month or so. Once Sam came, I literally became bored and embarrassed with the football he played.

Edit: sorry I went off topic onto Sam again haha.

I'm expecting Ancelotti to be the best manager of my lifetime following Everton. He's not had a proper transfer window or preseason to put his own ideas and players in place. At the moment I'm a little disappointed as I think Ferguson with the carrot would have gotten us more points this season. But the signs are there that Ancelotti knows what he's doing and will make the necessary changes long term. For the moment though, like Palfy said, he's only steadied the ship and not done any better than Alladyce. Could even argue Alladyce did a better him as he took us over in a similar position yet finished higher and with a much poorer squad. 

Unfortunately I've not got much of a memory of us under Joe Royle but I'd rank our managers best to worst:

Martinez (first season, most exciting year to watch Everton. Lukaku, stones, Barkley so much hope...). 

Moyes (first half of his tenure, gave the team a welcome kick up the arse. Found talented and hungry players like Cahill and Arteta. Gave us pride).  

Alladyce (did his job, doubt many managers would have done better with that same squad. Genuinely believe Silva would have got us relegated. Should have been given a year to steady the team and build a good spine)

Koeman (with hindsight he was sacked too soon. The team was a mishmash of his, Walsh, and the chairman's choices resulting in an unbalanced mess.)

Moyes (second half, ran out of ideas, didn't develop youth players, poor defeatist mentality, pathetic record against the top 6, should have been sacked) 

Martinez (too stubborn, reverted to philosophy rather than adapt to a higher standard of football) 

Smith (incompetent, don't think he realised the difference between the Scottish prem and the proper one. Gazza, Ginola, and Hughes weren't able to cut it at this level any more)

Silva (should never have been given the job, the bloke got Mina instead of Williams, Digne instead of Martinez, Gomes instead of Schneiderlin, Richarlison instead of Bolasie yet managed to take us backwards) 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'm expecting Ancelotti to be the best manager of my lifetime following Everton. He's not had a proper transfer window or preseason to put his own ideas and players in place. At the moment I'm a little disappointed as I think Ferguson with the carrot would have gotten us more points this season. But the signs are there that Ancelotti knows what he's doing and will make the necessary changes long term. For the moment though, like Palfy said, he's only steadied the ship and not done any better than Alladyce. Could even argue Alladyce did a better him as he took us over in a similar position yet finished higher and with a much poorer squad. 

Unfortunately I've not got much of a memory of us under Joe Royle but I'd rank our managers best to worst:

Martinez (first season, most exciting year to watch Everton. Lukaku, stones, Barkley so much hope...). 

Moyes (first half of his tenure, gave the team a welcome kick up the arse. Found talented and hungry players like Cahill and Arteta. Gave us pride).  

Alladyce (did his job, doubt many managers would have done better with that same squad. Genuinely believe Silva would have got us relegated. Should have been given a year to steady the team and build a good spine)

Koeman (with hindsight he was sacked too soon. The team was a mishmash of his, Walsh, and the chairman's choices resulting in an unbalanced mess.)

Moyes (second half, ran out of ideas, didn't develop youth players, poor defeatist mentality, pathetic record against the top 6, should have been sacked) 

Martinez (too stubborn, reverted to philosophy rather than adapt to a higher standard of football) 

Smith (incompetent, don't think he realised the difference between the Scottish prem and the proper one. Gazza, Ginola, and Hughes weren't able to cut it at this level any more)

Silva (should never have been given the job, the bloke got Mina instead of Williams, Digne instead of Martinez, Gomes instead of Schneiderlin, Richarlison instead of Bolasie yet managed to take us backwards) 

So without going into personal opinions of the characters any of the managers you mentioned, you have given your opinion solely based on the football they presided over, which is what I did when I mentioned that Allardyce took over a team in free fall and stopped us conceding, which is what any manger should do when taking over a club that’s dropping, sort the defence out stop them conceding and you stop them losing, which is what Ancelotti has done in the main and Arteta as done at Arsenal, and history proves Allardyce did the same here as well, I wasn’t saying anything about him as a person, or inviting him around for tea, but that got completely twisted by the vote hunters who jumped all over it as if I was saying he was great manager with an impeccable character. 
Well I would love for one of those vote hunters to prove that what I said was not true, instead of giving me he’s a fat cunt robbing bastard ect ect and going on the vote trail. 
Because I know 100% he shored us up at the back and steadied the ship. 

I’ve been honest throughout, don’t care what people think of me because of it. 

My opinion of him is based on football alone. It was easily the worst I have witnessed as a fan. We were mid table and gaining points he when he took over.... we stayed there and became a team no one wanted to watch. 
one match with no shots on target happens, but 3 matches was it... and one shot on target... unforgivable for me as a watching fan.

I watch Everton because I live the team. When we are playing dire football, it hurts. 

Edit: I think a few have extremely short memories to. We weren’t in free fall at all, we had just had a much needed dose of hope from the points Dunc picked up. Not saying he could have carried it on, but we weren’t in free fall.

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

Haha no mate. I dont think Sam did anything more than Dunc did, did he? 
I honestly preferred the football we played when Ferguson took over for a month or so. Once Sam came, I literally became bored and embarrassed with the football he played.

Edit: sorry I went off topic onto Sam again haha.

He did so much more than doing nothing useful. He had a massively negative effect and installed that negative mentality into the squad. We’re still seeing the after effects now. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

So without going into personal opinions of the characters any of the managers you mentioned, you have given your opinion solely based on the football they presided over, which is what I did when I mentioned that Allardyce took over a team in free fall and stopped us conceding, which is what any manger should do when taking over a club that’s dropping, sort the defence out stop them conceding and you stop them losing, which is what Ancelotti has done in the main and Arteta as done at Arsenal, and history proves Allardyce did the same here as well, I wasn’t saying anything about him as a person, or inviting him around for tea, but that got completely twisted by the vote hunters who jumped all over it as if I was saying he was great manager with an impeccable character. 
Well I would love for one of those vote hunters to prove that what I said was not true, instead of giving me he’s a fat cunt robbing bastard ect ect and going on the vote trail. 

You did comment on his football, then I commented on his football, and your reply went into reasons why he was hated. It was you who took the conversation that way Palfy. 

On 20/07/2020 at 06:00, Palfy said:

As soon as it was announced that he was coming here the knifes were out, because of his reputation no credit was given to him whether deserved or not, he was a hated figure from beginning to end. Now I’m not trying to defend the man as a person I disliked him as much as most, but as for doing his job he was successful at turning us around. 
When I look at us now with the inclusion of Richarlison Digne Gomes Mina Bernard and Iwobi, I don’t see that much more improvement what I see is a team trying to be very tight at the back and trying to win 1-0, but with the focus being not to concede, which was pretty much what I saw with Allardyce with the only real difference being the personnel, and the fact he was very much hated from a fan’s point of view. 
But please don’t tell me he was disliked purely because of his style of football, I’m not a idiot who hasn’t got a clue whether you or others may think that is the case, so please don’t treat me like one, what we are seeing now isn’t a million miles away from what we were getting with Allardyce, and if I’m gonna be brutally honest we are less consistent judging by the last 3-4 games. 
So I stand by my first comment which you responded to. 

You did it 

😂

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’ve been honest throughout, don’t care what people think of me because of it. 

My opinion of him is based on football alone. It was easily the worst I have witnessed as a fan. We were mid table and gaining points he when he took over.... we stayed there and became a team no one wanted to watch. 
one match with no shots on target happens, but 3 matches was it... and one shot on target... unforgivable for me as a watching fan.

I watch Everton because I live the team. When we are playing dire football, it hurts. 

Edit: I think a few have extremely short memories to. We weren’t in free fall at all, we had just had a much needed dose of hope from the points Dunc picked up. Not saying he could have carried it on, but we weren’t in free fall.

You keep confusing me about the fucking timeline when you say Dunc. It was Unsworth. Sort it out, Shukes! :lol: 

On the subject of the Bisto tits, though. Did he really steady the ship and make us defensively sound? We took a few walloppings while he was in charge. He should never have arrived but the day he left was a brilliant day.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

They don't like him and that's the bottom line. Rafa Benetiz could have come in, done very similar (if not worse) but without the abuse. 

Talking of the football what other choice could a manager do with that unbalanced side? Also people seem to forget just how bad we were before he took over. Genuine fears of relegation under Koeman to then finish 8th. Addressed squad issues, lack of pace, walcott, striker, Tosun. Wanted a centre mid and centre half. Compare that to the most incompetent manager of my lifetime, and I remember Stuart Pierce putting David James up top for city, Silva who spunked the majority of his budget on a winger when we were desperate for a centre mid, ideally the one he'd just been managing. 

As for the defeatist attitude. Absolute nonsense. Alladyce has a better record against the top 6 than we do. Bear in mind other than Newcastle he managed fucking Bolton and relegation fodder. 

On 21/07/2020 at 07:45, Palfy said:

Allardyce is a classless prick who insulted a fellow manager whilst taking a bung. That stops there just in that situation alone. Onto football.

Moshiri didn't trust Unsworth to get us out the shit, he wanted Silva couldn't get him and wanted Allardyce to do a job for a short period - sam knew that, we all did.  That was telling by the short contract offered which was extended to 18 months as some form of additional severance. 

Allardyce did what he needed to do to get us to safety.  Ugly as you like but it was piss poor and awful to watch.  I'll let him have that though cos it got us to safety.

When we were safe, having had Baines and Coleman return, and having spent £50m he continued to play the shittest brand of football.... his lack of class was his goading of the fans, his unsubtle interviews, his teasing that he would be staying......  he was pissing off to Spain every week leaving the coaches to take training.  He's not the only manager to take the piss, Koeman sat in his office and didn't take training,  alienated players like niasse and barkley... wasn't arsed. Silva was a chancer, Martinez was the last manager who I think genuinely cared about the club, but even he got caught by stubborness.

Moshiri is no different to kenwright. Likes to have a say, wants the best but doesn't know football.   Kenwright wanted to sign megson as manager till Walter Smith recommended  Moyes. 

The fact remains, moshiri has pumped more of his own/Usmanovs money in the club than kenwright did in his full tenure. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

You did comment on his football, then I commented on his football, and your reply went into reasons why he was hated. It was you who took the conversation that way Palfy. 

I said he was hated I never gave a reason why he was hated, I said because he was hated no one can see that he did the job he was hired to do, all I was doing was talking about the comparison of what he Ancelotti and Arteta did which was to sort the defence out, then I get the flying squad Barry Matt Shukes who doesn’t seem to know what year it is and a few others wade in with comments about him a person, when I wasn’t even defending him a person. 
But I will say it again he came in sorted us out defensively and steadied the ship, history proves that. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But I will say it again he came in sorted us out defensively and steadied the ship, history proves that. 

I don’t think many disagree with that, but as I said in the first reply; he sorted us out defensively and it stopped there. He didn’t try to get us to play any sort of attacking football, as was proven by the three games without a shot on target. Maybe if he tried to get us to win games and not just settle for not getting beaten, the attitude towards him might have changed. But he never. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Allardyce is a classless prick who insulted a fellow manager whilst taking a bung. That stops there just in that situation alone. Onto football.

Moshiri didn't trust Unsworth to get us out the shit, he wanted Silva couldn't get him and wanted Allardyce to do a job for a short period - sam knew that, we all did.  That was telling by the short contract offered which was extended to 18 months as some form of additional severance. 

Allardyce did what he needed to do to get us to safety.  Ugly as you like but it was piss poor and awful to watch.  I'll let him have that though cos it got us to safety.

When we were safe, having had Baines and Coleman return, and having spent £50m he continued to play the shittest brand of football.... his lack of class was his goading of the fans, his unsubtle interviews, his teasing that he would be staying......  he was pissing off to Spain every week leaving the coaches to take training.  He's not the only manager to take the piss, Koeman sat in his office and didn't take training,  alienated players like niasse and barkley... wasn't arsed. Silva was a chancer, Martinez was the last manager who I think genuinely cared about the club, but even he got caught by stubborness.

Moshiri is no different to kenwright. Likes to have a say, wants the best but doesn't know football.   Kenwright wanted to sign megson as manager till Walter Smith recommended  Moyes. 

The fact remains, moshiri has pumped more of his own/Usmanovs money in the club than kenwright did in his full tenure. 

This. I don't understand how his apologists forget this part of his history here. 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You keep confusing me about the fucking timeline when you say Dunc. It was Unsworth. Sort it out, Shukes! :lol: 

On the subject of the Bisto tits, though. Did he really steady the ship and make us defensively sound? We took a few walloppings while he was in charge. He should never have arrived but the day he left was a brilliant day.

Haha it all makes sense now. I was getting confused why people were questioning me hahaha! 
I should just give up 😂