IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

Thought he got it wrong today and was naive in the way he set the team up. The players were awful, but I think he needs to take responsibility. 

More to the point he talks about still wanting to compete for Europe, however refuses to leave sigurdsson out of the squad when he obviously brings nothing to the team and keeps chopping and changing the CBs. Its clear our best pairing is Holgate and Mina. On top of that I feel Mina would have been a much more sensible choice to compete with giroud today. 

Personally I think today just showed how poor the depth of our squad is, Ancelotti is trying to put a team out with players who just aren’t good enough, and due to injuries and with players who are not properly fit we are being exposed. 
The good thing is he can see who is worth keeping and who needs to go, and unfortunately we have just as many who are bad than good. 
Our defence struggled today because our midfield offered them no protection what so ever Davies Gylfi and Bernard were all poor and Gomes wasn’t much better, I would keep Gomes and bin the other 3, Sidibe just isn’t good enough at looking after the ball, and Digne needs to be sold before his value it’s the floor, he does very little as a defender and zilch going forward. 
So we need a minimum 3 MF a RB a LB and a CD, nothing that another couple of hundred million wouldn’t buy us so it’s looking like a 2 year project for Ancelotti just to try and assemble the sort of team he wants. 

You can tell Ancelotti is a class manager he never panic bought in the January transfer window, he’s taken his time to look properly at what he’s got so he knows exactly what he needs. 
Every manager we have had since Martinez has come in and spent big before they’ve properly got their feet under the table, Ancelotti is different he is evaluating and when he eventually buys I believe they will fit. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

You can tell Ancelotti is a class manager he never panic bought in the January transfer window, he’s taken his time to look properly at what he’s got so he knows exactly what he needs. 
Every manager we have had since Martinez has come in and spent big before they’ve properly got their feet under the table, Ancelotti is different he is evaluating and when he eventually buys I believe they will fit. 

yeah, i hope we make some moves this summer though, we need to badly.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

We will mate I can see 2-3 coming in whether there big names or not I don’t really care,  as long as they can play how the boss wants we will be going forward and upwards. 

I hope to see these leave:-

Schneiderlein 

Gylfi

Keane

Walcott

Tosun

Niasse 

Davies

That means we need 7 signings. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Schneiderlein 

Gylfi

Keane

Walcott

Tosun

Niasse 

Davies

walcott shouldn't leave, he's a good option off the bench and for rotation.  davies still needs more time, morgan has turned it around, i'd rather him stay for solid cover and stick out his contract.  Gylfi, Keane Tosun no argument there, niasse is out of contract there's nothing we have to do, he's gone regardless.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

I get your point on all of them, but I don’t fancy seven more faces coming in. Maybe four max. 

AGREED

We need to slow down the transfer merry-go-round, there are players like Siggy, Cenk, Sandro, Schneilderlein who need to go.

Some players need to be given a chance to be coached by Carlo and his team.

Others like Theo while not starters offer are useful options from the bench.

We need a new central midfielder, a right winger and centre back then maybe something from left field (not literally) 

We have some more talented youngsters coming through.

Ultimately Carlo is using the rest of this season as a pre-season for next time in terms of player assessment and tactics. It could give us a head start for next year.

I'm happy with that and trust Carlo completely, he gets us and is becoming one of us.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Schneiderlein 

Gylfi

Keane

Walcott

Tosun

Niasse 

Davies

They all need to go with in the next 18 months and 2-4 definitely end of this season, for me the midfield is our biggest problem along with the defence, so let’s see Gylfi, Niasse, Tosun, and Schneiderlin or Davies go and bring in 2 mids and a CD and make sure we bring Kenny back. 

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

We need to slow down the transfer merry-go-round, there are players like Siggy, Cenk, Sandro, Schneilderlein who need to go.

Some players need to be given a chance to be coached by Carlo and his team.

Others like Theo while not starters offer are useful options from the bench.

We need a new central midfielder, a right winger and centre back then maybe something from left field (not literally) 

We have some more talented youngsters coming through.

Ultimately Carlo is using the rest of this season as a pre-season for next time in terms of player assessment and tactics. It could give us a head start for next year.

I'm happy with that and trust Carlo completely, he gets us and is becoming one of us.

We definitely need a RB if it’s believed Kenny isn’t the long term solution. 

I like Kenny, he’s a real battler - few little technical things to iron out but that will come.

I hope after chelsea this Gylfi wide left thing is done. I’d sooner see Gordon get time or Kean come in. Richarlison is doing excellent uptop but let’s find out what role this kids can play next season because I think we all know that Gylfi is going to be minimal.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When Klopp snarled at fans for wanting to shake hands I thought he was being over the top.... turns out he wasn't.

There has been lots of things that have disgusted me in this outbreak.  Some things have made me believe in people. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Wright: "Do Everton understand the calibre of man they've got - do Everton fans understand?"

Shearer: "I think they do understand. In terms of how lucky Everton are to have someone of that ability tells you what must have been said to him to entice him into the club.

"When you look at his record, it is sensational wherever he's been. He won the league with Chelsea and scored 103 goals in doing so."

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1655514/ancelotti-on-value-of-close-relationship-with-evertonians

I'm not one that's ever particularly bothered if managers, or players, 'get' Everton but there's no doubt that Carlo does.

I do love that despite winning pretty much everything there is to win that he comes across as just a normal man. A fella that if you met him down the pub you could have a conversation with and he'd treat you as an equal.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1655514/ancelotti-on-value-of-close-relationship-with-evertonians

I'm not one that's ever particularly bothered if managers, or players, 'get' Everton but there's no doubt that Carlo does.

I do love that despite winning pretty much everything there is to win that he comes across as just a normal man. A fella that if you met him down the pub you could have a conversation with and he'd treat you as an equal.

This. Though I do appreciate people who 'get' Everton. His communication to fans at this time seems genuine. Likes where he is but respecting what is going on in his home country.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1663074/ancelotti-explains-key-skill-he-has-developed-as-a-manager

One thing is clear - this is a man that stands by his decisions. It's something that Martinez did too but they do it in a completely different way - when Martinez' decisions turned out wrong he'd try and fluff it up and put a positive spin on it, whereas Carlo will say he got it wrong and own it.

"Tactically, you have to use the team at your disposal so that all the component parts, the players and the staff, are able to be efficient in the way I have described as good football.

The tactical decisions become part of the longer-term strategy in this way. My job is to create a system of play using the characteristics of the players and to make the players as comfortable as possible with that system.

I believe that, in general terms, the best system is 4-4-2 because it creates the most balanced team, certainly defensively. It mirrors the shape of the pitch, a rectangle."

Just what we are seeing here.

• 2 weeks later...