IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

7 hours ago, Aidan said:

Is this the same big Dunc that pulled a 19 year old foreign speaking new signing off shortly after being subbed on?! 

Maybe it's just tough love, unsy does a good job in the u23s so he's doing something right. 

Not sure what that has got to do with him and unsworth not getting on. As I said I will have to find the source.

I don't blame Duncan for subbing Keane.... we were in a precarious position and he never done as he was told.  The result of which was Keane has pulled his socks up and had a couple of very good games.  DCL credits Dunc with much of his improvements. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure what that has got to do with him and unsworth not getting on. As I said I will have to find the source.

I don't blame Duncan for subbing Keane.... we were in a precarious position and he never done as he was told.  The result of which was Keane has pulled his socks up and had a couple of very good games.  DCL credits Dunc with much of his improvements. 

This difference with the attitude with Dunc as assistant is so much more committed, let’s be honest I think Ancelotti wants and needs a no nonsense assistant to crack the whip now and then. 
Silva had Boa Morte what a pair of wet blankets, there was no fight in them 2 and it transpired on to the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This difference with the attitude with Dunc as assistant is so much more committed, let’s be honest I think Ancelotti wants and needs a no nonsense assistant to crack the whip now and then. 
Silva had Boa Morte what a pair of wet blankets, there was no fight in them 2 and it transpired on to the pitch. 

Got the piss took out of me on here said boa Morte was a big red flag. Yes man. Last thing we needed. 

Says a lot about Silva that he had Unsworth and Ferguson under his nose. Both had more experience but looking back it's probably their presence he was scared of showing him up. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

There were also the rumours that Silva and boa morte kept Dunc away from the players..... they didn't like his fire ...... maybe they would still be in a job had they used him. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Haven’t we spoke about this on one of the threads before? I remember reading it somewhere as well. Thought it was on TT as I don’t use any other forums.

Was it around the time that Dunc was in charge for a few matches?

It's doing my head in.... I haven't dreamed it.

I've heard nuggets that unsworth has favourites etc. 

For me I'm not arsed if the under 23s win their league.... I'm more arsed that they are using 21/22 year old players who aren't going to make the step up rather than using 17/18 year olds who are potential stars. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

There were also the rumours that Silva and boa morte kept Dunc away from the players..... they didn't like his fire ...... maybe they would still be in a job had they used him. 

You and you're bloody rumours!  

I hope you have never worked in an office. You'd be a bigger gossip than Dot Cotton!

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Nothing had not every post on here is personal kid. Just having an opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I see they have gone ahead and charged him so he will definitely be banned for the Chelsea match unless we appeal and risk a longer ban.

Gotta protect that integrity hey Scudamore!

From what I read he's not going to get a ban, just an £8,000 fine which might be increased to £12,000 if he appeals and fails. Pocket change.

13 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

They'll just make an example of us unfortunately. We need to box clever in these situations. It's on the football pitch we can do the most damage, I'd be instructing our players to play on the very edges of the rules. The big teams don't think twice about injuring our players, we should go out and do the same. Start leaving one on them.

We can start surrounding the refs like the big teams do, again on the edge of the rules, and try to intimidate them.

Our players get clobbered every week and have no protection from the officials. If we start snapping the opposition and cause a few injuries then that is just within the scope of the game. No different to diving because the refs allow it.

They always make an example of us, Niasse being the first to get the three match ban, nothing since then as AFIK.  I do t want us to start injuring other players, let’s play them off the park instead, yes put in hard tackles but not at the expense of getting sent off, cos we all know our players will.

We need to be much smarter and vocal at the right time, on Sunday we should have been challenging the decision for a penalty on Siggy as he put his shot in, Maguire was in the refs ear all game long.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'd appeal and appeal....

Ancellotti was doing no different to what Maguire and the United players were all game.... their player laid their hands on the ref.... time to really get at them. 

A little thing that really irritated me is that Garth Crooks included Maguire in his team of the week. Can you believe that? Salt in wound.

28 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

A little thing that really irritated me is that Garth Crooks included Maguire in his team of the week. Can you believe that? Salt in wound.

Tbf I'd love him to be in my team playing like that.  Pain in the arse when it's an opponent.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/03/carlo-ancelotti-orders-everton-backroom-staff-to-improve-their-english

Ancelotti’s comments on midfield combos, and need for more “energy.”  Does “energy” mean pace, toughness, relentlessness, what?

Energy is spot on..... it covers much of what it we miss.

Energy to get in the right shape, energy to close down and tackle, energy to show for a pass, energy to break..... not hiding.

We miss Ganas energy, look at billy Gilmour last night.  Only a kid, such bravery to want the ball..... win it, pass it, make space to receive it, move it.  Brilliant. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i've never been a fan of his.  i player i love with energy is idrissa gana gueye

Gana has energy but not the ability on the ball, I may be wrong but I think Ancelotti is looking for more than just a ball winner, he wants that a long with vision when in possession and an eye for a goal, basically I think he wants a good all rounder with a good engine on him. 
That’s why I mentioned Henderson I feel he works hard for the team covers a lot of ground, yet possess intelligent passing long and short and has a good shot on him, also Maddison is a good shout imo. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

I know not many will like to hear this but a good example of player with energy in midfield is Henderson. 

Very good player. Took his ability and made the absolute most of it.  Yeah, he epitomizes energy.  Unbelievable athlete, 100% effort every game and you know when he's not playing.