IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

9 minutes ago, Makis said:

Wow. So Tosun, who is basically useless and Brands has trouble getting rid of solved something? He cost, what, 25 million and plus probably around 20 more million in wages.Walcott cost 20 million and about 100kpw or 5 million per year. So those two cost the club in the region of 100 million pounds. Great solution.

Watching us being managed by allardyce was like watching a good looking mate who usually pulls nice girls walk out the nightclub with a local lass with an awful reputation .... he wakes up the next day, realises his mistake and gets rid.

2 years later, he's sat having a quiet drink with his gorgeous Italian wife and the slapper keeps plonking herself next to them "I don't know who he thinks he is love...how dare he get rid of me, what have you got that I havent..... I've only been with 200 men, I haven't killed any of them. Fair enough I stole some money from them and took the piss out of their speech impediment but I'm top class me"

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Jake Humphrey on BT sport was amazed at the gusto with which allardyce was supporting crystal palace against us.  Proper animated by all accounts.

He's like some weird bloke who seems intent on trolling us.... he knows we are better than him, always have been and he just can't handle it and it fuels this obsession he's got with us. Doesn't matter what we do, we've got this pain in the arse bunny boiler intent on point scoring against us.  

He did the same thing after he left Newcastle. It’s like they were his biggest club and he was mad he didn’t get more time, now we are his biggest club and it’s shifted to us. He’s a fucking knob. 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Aggressive and progressive are far from the shite Silva served up. We were slow and monotone in attack. Everything went down the wings and endless crosses to a single striker in the box already marked by two players. Nolan as cunty as he was is exactly the type of player we were missing. We've not replaced our last nasty player Cahill. Much rather Nolan than Sigurdssen on midfield. We need some bite. 

I agree we need some bite, but those players hardly exist anymore. The two examples in your post, Cahill and Nolan, were both at the top of their game ten years ago. I’d love us to have a bit more aggression in there, but I think the same when I watch any team play now. 
I can’t think of a decent midfielder who actually puts himself about or leaves a foot in when he goes for a challenge anymore. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree we need some bite, but those players hardly exist anymore. The two examples in your post, Cahill and Nolan, were both at the top of their game ten years ago. I’d love us to have a bit more aggression in there, but I think the same when I watch any team play now. 
I can’t think of a decent midfielder who actually puts himself about or leaves a foot in when he goes for a challenge anymore. 

Henderson. Gets away with it too. Mastered the art of getting on top of the referees.

42 minutes ago, Makis said:

Wow. So Tosun, who is basically useless and Brands has trouble getting rid of solved something? He cost, what, 25 million and plus probably around 20 more million in wages.Walcott cost 20 million and about 100kpw or 5 million per year. So those two cost the club in the region of 100 million pounds. Great solution.

Apparently Aubameyang was his first choice. Alladyce still get Tosun firing, so much so the majority on here had him as first choice over DCL if you go and look back at what people wanted are first elevens to look like the start of last season. 

Walcott was our best player. In the shit show that Walsh and Koeman made he was the only player to get you off your seat. Him and Tosun both contribute to us moving up the table. 

Imagine Silva come in with that same squad the whole budget would have went in Richarlison and we'd probably be relegated. 

43 minutes ago, StevO said:

I get your point, none of them do it to the levels of Nolan and Cahill. But there's still a fair few with bite. 

Looking at the top 6. David Silva does it for City but he's got a lot more to his game go it tends to go unnoticed, Son for Spurs, most of the Liverpool players (although faux hardmen would be a better description) since the refs love them they hardly concede a free kick for it. Not top six but I'd say West Ham still have a few with Antonio, Noble and Snodgrass. 

Mooy would have been my budget preference, or if we were 451 Antonio. Dacoure and Xhaka would both do well but cost a lot. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Carlo Ancelotti is fucking brilliant and is our manager. Stop talking about Bisto Tits for fucks sake, he's gone and I want to forget that cunt was ever here. It's an embarrassment that he was ever charge.

Edit - Even more embarrassing is the fact that people are arguing over his time here!

Well said, move on

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Son😉

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Carlo Ancelotti is fucking brilliant and is our manager. Stop talking about Bisto Tits for fucks sake, he's gone and I want to forget that cunt was ever here. It's an embarrassment that he was ever charge.

Edit - Even more embarrassing is the fact that people are arguing over his time here!

Exactly he’s been cast to room 101 now no point in debating the past it isn’t going to change the future, let’s move on and discuss the current management players and board there the ones that are going to make a difference right now. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This! Still praying for the day he is never mentioned.  How many times have I typed that in this forum.  Such dark dark dark... dark... dark... days, but now in the past.  Only lesson to be learned is NEVER do something like that again and move on.

Carlo Fantastico! Carlo Magnifico!

On 09/02/2020 at 17:46, pete0 said:

He got us 8th with a much worse squad. We'd be in a much better position had we kept him. 

I love these forums because I’m forever learning stuff and meeting interesting people. Who knew that Crooked Sam’s nephew was amongst us? Glad you stuck with us even while demonstrating family loyalty. It must be tough.

Honestly, I struggle to find anything positive about those regrettable months. The style of play was simply awful.

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

I get your point, none of them do it to the levels of Nolan and Cahill. But there's still a fair few with bite. 

Looking at the top 6. David Silva does it for City but he's got a lot more to his game go it tends to go unnoticed, Son for Spurs, most of the Liverpool players (although faux hardmen would be a better description) since the refs love them they hardly concede a free kick for it. Not top six but I'd say West Ham still have a few with Antonio, Noble and Snodgrass. 

Mooy would have been my budget preference, or if we were 451 Antonio. Dacoure and Xhaka would both do well but cost a lot. 

I see where you’re coming from, but from the players quoted I only really think Noble gets stuck in anywhere like the same players of the past. 
Xhaka tries, but he’s just shite. 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

I see where you’re coming from, but from the players quoted I only really think Noble gets stuck in anywhere like the same players of the past. 
Xhaka tries, but he’s just shite. 

I agree. Xhaka is a wannabee hard man but he fouls out of petulance rather than through tact. 

Fernandino puts himself about, not necessarily leaving one on players but he won't give you an inch in midfield and he will bring you down if you beat him.

On 10/02/2020 at 08:14, pete0 said:

Not much choice given the squad he inherited. Silva got Richarlison, Bernard, Tosun, Gomes, Zouma and Digne. Given those players to you not think Alladyce could have done better? 

Didn’t Big Sam bring in Tosun? And what a great 20m+ signing he turned out to be. 

The reason he didn’t sign the others is likely they wouldn’t of wanted to play under him. Couldn’t see Digne, Bernard, Richarlison or Gomes getting excited by his style of play! 

24 minutes ago, barryj said:

Didn’t Big Sam bring in Tosun? And what a great 20m+ signing he turned out to be. 

The reason he didn’t sign the others is likely they wouldn’t of wanted to play under him. Couldn’t see Digne, Bernard, Richarlison or Gomes getting excited by his style of play! 

He claims he asked for Aubamayang. We were desperate and Tosun was within budget. We should get our money back in him as well. He's not worked out but that's more due to the next manager who couldn't tell a tit from an elbow. 

So they'd rather play for a manager who they've barely heard of, got sacked after half a season, and relegated the team before. Call him the gravy guzzler or what not he's at least competent. Rather a competent manager making the lads put in a shift and not fall to bits than the absolute joke that was Silva. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I’ve not heard that they don’t get on, what makes you say that could be a possibility. 

Heard it a few times now.... I heard once that unsworth can be a bit of an arse to the younger players and Dunc pulled him on it....... I need to find the source. 

On 15/02/2020 at 19:02, Hafnia said:

Heard it a few times now.... I heard once that unsworth can be a bit of an arse to the younger players and Dunc pulled him on it....... I need to find the source. 

Is this the same big Dunc that pulled a 19 year old foreign speaking new signing off shortly after being subbed on?! 

Maybe it's just tough love, unsy does a good job in the u23s so he's doing something right.