IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

What a difference a proper manager makes!!!!  Same squad and he’s working miracles.  Long may it continue

Think miracles is a bit strong but he certainly shows that he knows what hes doing.

I'm wondering if the lack of signings this Jan was partly due to Carlo actually seeing something good and which could be worked on with the squad we have. It wasn't that long ago everyone was saying this was the best squad Everton had ever assembled. Don't get me wrong there is some real dross there but some should be playing better than they have been

6 hours ago, Cisk said:

Think miracles is a bit strong but he certainly shows that he knows what hes doing.

I'm wondering if the lack of signings this Jan was partly due to Carlo actually seeing something good and which could be worked on with the squad we have. It wasn't that long ago everyone was saying this was the best squad Everton had ever assembled. Don't get me wrong there is some real dross there but some should be playing better than they have been

Financially, we made our financial bed with Koeman, Allardyce, and Silva and we have little option right now but to sleep in it. I doubt there's any other reason. The summer window should be different, and my guess is that things will look quite different by then.

It's unfathomable to want arteta over Ancellotti..... yes the upside of arteta is that he has 30 years of managing in him all being well...... but that's if he is a manager. 

Ancellotti has been there, seen it done it..... arteta has everything to prove 

Don't get me wrong.... I would have had arteta over Howe, moyes, dyche, wilder and all the bother names.... but not Carlo. 

Not sure I saw anyone saying they wanted Arteta over Ancelotti? 
I saw many people (myself included) saying we would like Arteta over many other managers, but that was before Ancelotti became a realistic option. 
I may have missed some saying that. But myself personally, I would have had Arteta over Dyche, etc. But was made up when Ancelotti became available and we got him.

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's unfathomable to want arteta over Ancellotti..... yes the upside of arteta is that he has 30 years of managing in him all being well...... but that's if he is a manager. 

Ancellotti has been there, seen it done it..... arteta has everything to prove 

Don't get me wrong.... I would have had arteta over Howe, moyes, dyche, wilder and all the bother names.... but not Carlo. 

I wouldn’t of had him over Howe, for me he’s unknown when it comes to management yes he’s worked with Pep but he’s not Pep. 
Personally I think Arsenal and this job are far to big for anyone as their first job. 

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The article doesn't even consider that Ancellotti might not have even wanted to go to Arsenal... 

Whilst it's true he might have preffered Arsenal, its also possible that maybe he saw the chance to work with a board that seem more generous more appealing than the gunners. Arsenal seem content to finish in a CL spot, with minimal investment to get a return, whilst we seem to be throwing money at trying to climb the table and increase reputation. 

Maybe he has the chance to express himself more with the squad he could build here than that he could at Arsenal.

58 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The article doesn't even consider that Ancellotti might not have even wanted to go to Arsenal... 

Whilst it's true he might have preffered Arsenal, its also possible that maybe he saw the chance to work with a board that seem more generous more appealing than the gunners. Arsenal seem content to finish in a CL spot, with minimal investment to get a return, whilst we seem to be throwing money at trying to climb the table and increase reputation. 

Maybe he has the chance to express himself more with the squad he could build here than that he could at Arsenal.

To be honest I was more interested in the firm table really

Reckon Ancelotti would've had the choice. There's no way Arsenal would opt for the unproven Arteta over Ancelotti. 

Ancelotti was wined and dined by billionaires with vision... But only the man himself will know if he picked us as we're the better project (bigger budget/more ambitious board and Brands) or whether it was purely for the reddies. 

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

Walcott said that before the Watford game Carlo told him he's 'allowed to score goals' 😂

He's allowed to pass to one of his own players too..... maybe he needs to be told that 

Still got bags of pace but he's pretty poo.

Anyone remember franz carr?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/07/carlo-ancelotti-everton-managerial-methods

Ancelotti: “I am not a magician ... until now.”  A little joke from Carlo.  Good article.

But was he really suggesting a comparison of his young players here at Everton with Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, and Crespo at Parma over 20 years ago?  If so, I hope he’s a magician.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/07/carlo-ancelotti-everton-managerial-methods

Ancelotti: “I am not a magician ... until now.”  A little joke from Carlo.  Good article.

But was he really suggesting a comparison of his young players here at Everton with Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, and Crespo at Parma over 20 years ago?  If so, I hope he’s a magician.

I really like the way he comes across in press conferences. It's not too serious but it's not all laughs and jokes either. And he's very honest too, I appreciate that in a person.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Out of interest, is there anyone Ancellotti has actually improved yet? 

Anyone? I think he’s made us play as a team, improving the whole team. 

Outside chance of top four?

Five points behind Chelsea, from our last ten games (before today) we took 19 points. From Chelsea’s last ten, they took 12. United 14, Spurs 17. Catching Chelsea isn’t out of the question, not trying to be blindly optimistic here but get a point at Arsenal and beat United, that Chelsea game becomes very interesting. 

im with you Ste, we can catch Chelsea.  Just need to keep grinding out results.  Carlo has done the Lord's work with this team and it's showing.  He's getting players that were castoffs by many regimes (morgan) to show something now.  that is called man management, and he's one of the best in the business at that.  so happy.