IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

2 hours ago, Cisk said:

Loads, Bernard, Theo, Schneids (yes he has!!) - Fucking Holgate!

That is just Bernard for me. No better than the end of last season. Theo maybe, Schneiderlin agreed and Holgate was at the same level under Ferguson.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Anyone? I think he’s made us play as a team, improving the whole team. 

Outside chance of top four?

Five points behind Chelsea, from our last ten games (before today) we took 19 points. From Chelsea’s last ten, they took 12. United 14, Spurs 17. Catching Chelsea isn’t out of the question, not trying to be blindly optimistic here but get a point at Arsenal and beat United, that Chelsea game becomes very interesting. 

This is the big one for me. A couple of players are maybe slightly better, but as a collective we have improved a lot. 

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

DCL has scored more goals, Richarlison less temperamental, Holgate, Schneiderlein, Walcott, Kean

DCL and Richarlison were doing the same for Ferguson. I'd agree with Kean but given how little we saw him before that's partly expected. 

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That is just Bernard for me. No better than the end of last season. Theo maybe, Schneiderlin agreed and Holgate was at the same level under Ferguson.

This is the big one for me. A couple of players are maybe slightly better, but as a collective we have improved a lot. 

DCL and Richarlison were doing the same for Ferguson. I'd agree with Kean but given how little we saw him before that's partly expected. 

So what are you saying? He's not improved us,? 

The Fergie effect was running out of gas as it was 110% effort. Great as it was. 

Under Ancelotti there seems to be more efficiency 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So what are you saying? He's not improved us,? 

The Fergie effect was running out of gas as it was 110% effort. Great as it was. 

Under Ancelotti there seems to be more efficiency 

No, I quite literally said in the post you quoted that he has improved the collective. 

Ferguson was running out of players and we were playing lots of games in a short space of time. His impact on Richarlison, DCL and Holgate in particular was huge. He also had much tougher games. 

I don't know if it's efficiency but we seem to doing better at the big moments. The two goals before half time last week were huge, this week Richarlison's goal followed by Pickford's were also massive for us picking up 3 points. Under Silva those moments seemed to go against us. Maybe its the old adage that a lucky manager is a good manager! 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No, I quite literally said in the post you quoted that he has improved the collective. 

Ferguson was running out of players and we were playing lots of games in a short space of time. His impact on Richarlison, DCL and Holgate in particular was huge. He also had much tougher games. 

I don't know if it's efficiency but we seem to doing better at the big moments. The two goals before half time last week were huge, this week Richarlison's goal followed by Pickford's were also massive for us picking up 3 points. Under Silva those moments seemed to go against us. Maybe its the old adage that a lucky manager is a good manager! 

For me he seems to lighten the burden on players.... he wants them to be brave and won't bollock them for mistakes made in the intention of progression but he gets pissed off at amateurish shit.

Sidebe yesterday.... one sock missing and behind him Davies and Holgate were playing rock paper scissors....... I can't see that being tolerated. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

For me he seems to lighten the burden on players.... he wants them to be brave and won't bollock them for mistakes made in the intention of progression but he gets pissed off at amateurish shit.

Sidebe yesterday.... one sock missing and behind him Davies and Holgate were playing rock paper scissors....... I can't see that being tolerated. 

I didn't see that with Holgate & Davies! I know it's boring to be on the bench but the least they can do is pay attention for 90 bloody minutes! Ridiculous.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

He got us 8th with a much worse squad. We'd be in a much better position had we kept him. Much rather we kept him until Ancelotti was available than endure the absolute fraud that is Marco Silva. 

Some people have short memories. You really rather watch the team get about one shot on goal per match?

21 minutes ago, Makis said:

Some people have short memories. You really rather watch the team get about one shot on goal per match?

1.8..... don't miss the.0.8 it's the difference between extraordinarily shite and really shite.

Watching Everton under allardyce was like going to the dentist to have a tooth removed..... you understood why it was happening, you wish things were done differently to prevent the need to need to see the dentist, but when you got the bill and had people trying to tell you that your trip to the dentist was enjoyable and if you didn't see him then all your teeth would have fallen out and for that reason you should see him every week...... you kinda get annoyed. 

Like most shit managers, allardyce has a period that he points to on his c.v that makes him look like a good manager. 

Allardyce talking about Ancellotti....... ffs. Only Everton could hire these 2 managers within 2 years of eachother. 

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Not much choice given the squad he inherited. Silva got Richarlison, Bernard, Tosun, Gomes, Zouma and Digne. Given those players to you not think Alladyce could have done better? 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Not much choice given the squad he inherited. Silva got Richarlison, Bernard, Tosun, Gomes, Zouma and Digne. Given those players to you not think Alladyce could have done better? 

No, considering his history for the past ten years. And it was he who got Tosun and Walcott. If he had been at the heml we woud never have gotten those players.

On 10/02/2020 at 08:47, London Blue said:

Allardyce was toxic to this club, if he had stayed do you think we would have signed the players we did under Silva? Do you think Brands would have been able to work with him? I don't.

People complained about Moyes coming back and rightly so,  both are footballing dinosaurs whose tactics and methods do not suit the modern game. At least Moyes loved the club, Allardyce saw us as a gravy train he could slurp from, he showed contempt to the fans, our tradition and to the kind of football we love to see with his negative dour tactics. 

Marco failed, badly but at least he wanted us to play aggressive, progressive football, even if he couldn't deliver it, plus we got players like Richarlison and Gomes. Under Sam we would have got Davies and Nolan mk 2, and hoofball. Fuck that shit!

Jake Humphrey on BT sport was amazed at the gusto with which allardyce was supporting crystal palace against us.  Proper animated by all accounts.

He's like some weird bloke who seems intent on trolling us.... he knows we are better than him, always have been and he just can't handle it and it fuels this obsession he's got with us. Doesn't matter what we do, we've got this pain in the arse bunny boiler intent on point scoring against us.  

On 10/02/2020 at 08:26, Shukes said:

No, most of those are attacking players. Sam wouldn’t have a clue what to do with them, and they would leave.

He had Jay Jay Okocha playing with a smile on his face aha taking the piss. He got Anelka grounded and firing. He done more for DCL than Silva did. 

Walcott had just as big a reputation as any player we signed. Yet he chose to come to us when we were potential relegation contenders. 

On 10/02/2020 at 08:35, Makis said:

No, considering his history for the past ten years. And it was he who got Tosun and Walcott. If he had been at the heml we woud never have gotten those players.

He addressed are issues. We needed a goal scorer we got one. We needed pace, we got Walcott. We needed a centre half, we got one (not his fault he got injured). Last biggest need was a centre mid, unfortunately the club couldn't pulls the finish a deal. 

The main 4 issues that needed addressing he did. Three transfer windows later and we've still not addressed those key 4 issues. If Alladyce had stayed I highly doubt we'd have signed three wingers and just the one centre mid and centre half. 

On 10/02/2020 at 08:47, London Blue said:

Allardyce was toxic to this club, if he had stayed do you think we would have signed the players we did under Silva? Do you think Brands would have been able to work with him? I don't.

People complained about Moyes coming back and rightly so,  both are footballing dinosaurs whose tactics and methods do not suit the modern game. At least Moyes loved the club, Allardyce saw us as a gravy train he could slurp from, he showed contempt to the fans, our tradition and to the kind of football we love to see with his negative dour tactics. 

Marco failed, badly but at least he wanted us to play aggressive, progressive football, even if he couldn't deliver it, plus we got players like Richarlison and Gomes. Under Sam we would have got Davies and Nolan mk 2, and hoofball. Fuck that shit!

Why not? 

Moyes is bollocks. He's lasted one calender year at one club since leaving us. Alladyce has done numerous jobs and got to better one's, including England and us. Just look at the difference he done with Sunderland compared to Moyes. 

Aggressive and progressive are far from the shite Silva served up. We were slow and monotone in attack. Everything went down the wings and endless crosses to a single striker in the box already marked by two players. Nolan as cunty as he was is exactly the type of player we were missing. We've not replaced our last nasty player Cahill. Much rather Nolan than Sigurdssen on midfield. We need some bite. 

Wow. So Tosun, who is basically useless and Brands has trouble getting rid of solved something? He cost, what, 25 million and plus probably around 20 more million in wages.Walcott cost 20 million and about 100kpw or 5 million per year. So those two cost the club in the region of 100 million pounds. Great solution.