IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Im going to have to buy this book. I love reading these bits. He’s fascinating. 

I read it when he was managing Bayern, just because he's a fantastic manager, who has been there and done some of the most magnificent things in football. 

It's a different book in the sense that after each chapter, there are 3-4 pages on Carlo written by a player that he has managed; Zlatan Ibrahimovic, John Terry, Andrea Pirlo. The amount of names that adore and respect him speaks volumes for his presence in the game. 

I can't recommend his book enough, it was a great read when he was managing in Germany and will be even better now he's at Goodison.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Carlo has had More time with the players implementing his philosophy and look at the difference.  Well organized, compact, with an actual plan and vision of how to defeat the opposition.  The break has helped in that sense.  I’m still very confident with him.

If that performance had been against a full flowing red shite side I think we'd have got murdered tbh. So I'm happy we played them now with those tactics.

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Carlo has had More time with the players implementing his philosophy and look at the difference.  Well organized, compact, with an actual plan and vision of how to defeat the opposition.  The break has helped in that sense.  I’m still very confident with him.

I'd like to know what our plan and vision of how to defeat Liverpool was? Wait for them to sub Lovren on and then lump it at him? 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd like to know what our plan and vision of how to defeat Liverpool was? Wait for them to sub Lovren on and then lump it at him? 

be compact and stifle their supply lines, hit them on the counter like we did several times.  they were gassed and couldn't run their all action hoof to mane and run like hell because we sat deep.  this wont' work ina  couple weeks when they are fit, but had richarlison finished his or davies we could have won 2-0.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

be compact and stifle their supply lines, hit them on the counter like we did several times.  they were gassed and couldn't run their all action hoof to mane and run like hell because we sat deep.  this wont' work ina  couple weeks when they are fit, but had richarlison finished his or davies we could have won 2-0.  

So the same tactics as Sam Allardyce. Lump it forward to DCL/Richarlison and hope they can hold on to it for longer than 5 seconds?

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So the same tactics as Sam Allardyce. Lump it forward to DCL/Richarlison and hope they can hold on to it for longer than 5 seconds?

i don't get your point, they worked, who cares if they are similar to other people, we won't employ them against every team, but learning to defend is a good thing.  getting a clean sheet against soon to be record breaking league winners is good no matter how you try and frame it.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

i don't get your point, they worked, who cares if they are similar to other people, we won't employ them against every team, but learning to defend is a good thing.  getting a clean sheet against soon to be record breaking league winners is good no matter how you try and frame it.

I'm not arguing about how well we were set up defensively (in which I agree with you). I am replying to your comments about our attacking play. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

With the amount of cases from Spain, you can’t help but think the accountants and general system just isn’t doing it’s job. 

basically every year it seems their tax service just looks up the highest earning foreigners for the year and charges them.  real madrid and barca's whole squads are practically charged yearly.  it's farcical.  you're right, their system is broken.

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

If you have ever managed you will no you have to sort the defence out before the rest of the positions, and that’s what we are seeing. 

Absolutely! I don't know what the stats say but we also look better at defending set pieces and scoring from them as well.

I think our play will go up a notch once we sort out that midfield. 

Problem is that I can’t see any players here, who can help in midfield. Iwobi plus well in the middle when he has the ball, but the guys is scared of his own shadow. 
Gomes has been struggling since coming back and needs a few months. 
Davies just isn’t getting any better. Seems to be regressing. 
Delpth, .......     well. 
Gylfi, I just don’t see him as anything more than a filler player. 
Benni is far too defensive. 

What are our other options?

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Problem is that I can’t see any players here, who can help in midfield. Iwobi plus well in the middle when he has the ball, but the guys is scared of his own shadow. 
Gomes has been struggling since coming back and needs a few months. 
Davies just isn’t getting any better. Seems to be regressing. 
Delpth, .......     well. 
Gylfi, I just don’t see him as anything more than a filler player. 
Benni is far too defensive. 

What are our other options?

sadly gbamin was supposed to be the answer but he got injured then got re-injured then got a different injury. but you are right Shukes, this summer a DM is the number one priority signing.  sadly i think we will have to wait till the campaign is over to address the issue.