IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

13 hours ago, BedfordBlue said:

If it wasn't for Ancelotti's tactical changes at half time we would have lost to Leicester and Southampton hes desperately trying to polish a turd

We were 2-0 up against Leicester at half time and second half we tried our best to lose it so I'm not following the logic for that one, Southampton I agree with though.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

We were 2-0 up against Leicester at half time and second half we tried our best to lose it so I'm not following the logic for that one, Southampton I agree with though.

Plus Southampton should have still won the second half as well, just not by as many as the first.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I think Bedford should have said Carlos changes (rather than half time) as Leicester brought on Maddison at half time, got a goal and then then bossing the game before Carlo changed the system and we then saw it out fairly comfortably. 

9 hours ago, barryj said:

I think Bedford should have said Carlos changes (rather than half time) as Leicester brought on Maddison at half time, got a goal and then then bossing the game before Carlo changed the system and we then saw it out fairly comfortably. 

That's spot on Leicester got one back and were battering us but he changed things and we were pretty comfortable after that 

13 hours ago, BedfordBlue said:

That's spot on Leicester got one back and were battering us but he changed things and we were pretty comfortable after that 

22 hours ago, barryj said:

I would add to this that Rodgers also changed Madison's position with the changes he made and that blunted their performance. There is no doubt though that playing 5 at the back allowed our wing backs to stop theirs from getting forward and playing balls into the box as easily.

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Mate I think Carlo needs a look at himself as well here. He’s a big name. Fantastic manager but not above criticism.

Ill forgive the end of this season if we are brutal with cutting the shit from our squad. Simply not good enough.

He’s been giving the first team squad plenty of chances to prove themselves sInce the restart, not many have grabbed it. We can’t go from where we are and do wholesale change, we need 4 key players recruiting to move us forward with a strong spine to build on.

10 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

He’s been giving the first team squad plenty of chances to prove themselves sInce the restart, not many have grabbed it. We can’t go from where we are and do wholesale change, we need 4 key players recruiting to move us forward with a strong spine to build on.

It’s like i said though, all is forgiven if these players are shipped out. It’s not acceptable and I’m sick of our “top” players just picking up a pay check here.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

It’s like i said though, all is forgiven if these players are shipped out. It’s not acceptable and I’m sick of our “top” players just picking up a pay check here.

Biggest problem we have is shipping them out. 
If you were a manager of a top football club would you buy any of our poor players? Most of them have nice contracts too. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Biggest problem we have is shipping them out. 
If you were a manager of a top football club would you buy any of our poor players? Most of them have nice contracts too. 

None of them are going to top clubs, nor do they deserve it. If I’m a promoted team I’d be eyeing some of ours but it is a real question of whether these players want to play well or be paid well.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

None of them are going to top clubs, nor do they deserve it. If I’m a promoted team I’d be eyeing some of ours but it is a real question of whether these players want to play well or be paid well.

Just flog them.  Send a message.  Tell the likes of siggy, Delph etc "we've accepted a £3m bid from Bournemouth for you, you may as well take it as you aren't getting a squad number next year" .... the likes of Gomes etc will soon sit up and take note. 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just flog them.  Send a message.  Tell the likes of siggy, Delph etc "we've accepted a £3m bid from Bournemouth for you, you may as well take it as you aren't getting a squad number next year" .... the likes of Gomes etc will soon sit up and take note. 

There’s some serious damage to be done though, we are talking huge, huge financial losses. 

We’ve really be made to look like fools for our previous windows and we only have ourselves to blame.

27 minutes ago, Btay said:

There’s some serious damage to be done though, we are talking huge, huge financial losses. 

We’ve really be made to look like fools for our previous windows and we only have ourselves to blame.

Didn’t Steve already explain this? Depending on the payment structure of the deal, we could’ve already paid so we’d actually be saving wages and making profit with a transfer fee (or at least would cover the remainder of any outstanding fees to the previous club). We won’t lose massively, we just won’t make any money on them which is painful. 

at least, that’s how I remember Steve’s explanation

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Gonna be half our team on loan again till we can get rid of these players.

That isn't actually going to help us though because we'll still be paying most, if not all, of their wages.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

You can't do hard stuff like that, Haf. Or you'll have people moaning like when Niasse was on the end of some tough love because he was a bag of shite. Based on the fact he wouldn't even go out on loan so he could play football I have even less of a problem with him being treated that way. And I'm all for these overpaid and undertalented shitehawks getting similar treatment.

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That isn't actually going to help us though because we'll still be paying most, if not all, of their wages.

You can't do hard stuff like that, Haf. Or you'll have people moaning like when Niasse was on the end of some tough love because he was a bag of shite. Based on the fact he wouldn't even go out on loan so he could play football I have even less of a problem with him being treated that way. And I'm all for these overpaid and undertalented shitehawks getting similar treatment.

Exactly this. Force a player to move and then keep paying most of his wages while he’s gone, it’s damn expensive. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The main one being Haf!

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The main one being Haf!

Let me clarify....

When the Koeman love in was in full effect I trusted his judgement that niasse wasn't worth a locker......  that was wrong.  Shite or not he deserved a chance and that was poor, I was wrong to back a manager to do that and reflected on it.  He was new to the club at that time.

Later on, Niasse effectively won us points and games that potentially saved us from relegation towards the end of Koemans reign.  Let's not forget that.

Since then it seems mercenary mode is in full effect....  I'd get rid of the elements who create a bad culture.

The key thing to understand here Pete is this..... many footballers change, they can be motivated and 100% every match and then they can not give a shit.... so why should our opinions stay the same just to prove our first view is correct? That's stupid and pig headed.

The best managers understand that players have a shelf life, that there is a time to sell. Ferguson was a master at it.  He could sniff it out a mile away, Hughes, Kanchelskis, RVN, yprke... he sold them at peak price. They had a good year or so then went down.....

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Let me clarify....

When the Koeman love in was in full effect I trusted his judgement that niasse wasn't worth a locker......  that was wrong.  Shite or not he deserved a chance and that was poor, I was wrong to back a manager to do that and reflected on it.  He was new to the club at that time.

Later on, Niasse effectively won us points and games that potentially saved us from relegation towards the end of Koemans reign.  Let's not forget that.

Since then it seems mercenary mode is in full effect....  I'd get rid of the elements who create a bad culture.

The key thing to understand here Pete is this..... many footballers change, they can be motivated and 100% every match and then they can not give a shit.... so why should our opinions stay the same just to prove our first view is correct? That's stupid and pig headed.

The best managers understand that players have a shelf life, that there is a time to sell. Ferguson was a master at it.  He could sniff it out a mile away, Hughes, Kanchelskis, RVN, yprke... he sold them at peak price. They had a good year or so then went down.....

I don't think many of our players ever made it to the shelf!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't think many of our players ever made it to the shelf!

Very true, got to at least let people pick them up and see that they are rotten though....

Fuckin hilarious the way people stick by the first opinion they have of a player....  based on that our dream team would consist of Richard Wright, Earl Barrett,, John Okane, cadamarteri, Bilyaletdinov....... a very good at the start.... 

I've been a huge DCL fan and backed him but he's pissed me off big time of late... I told John Ebbrell this last night!  Not that he would agree with me, too nice a fella for that. 

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Didn’t Steve already explain this? Depending on the payment structure of the deal, we could’ve already paid so we’d actually be saving wages and making profit with a transfer fee (or at least would cover the remainder of any outstanding fees to the previous club). We won’t lose massively, we just won’t make any money on them which is painful. 

at least, that’s how I remember Steve’s explanation

I can understand that but it’s still a poor business logic. Had we gotten value out of these players - in terms of final position money, cup money ect then yes I’d understand that logic and write some of that income off their depreciation but to lose this much on an asset so to speak is a very poor business strategy.

Regardless, I just hope we’ve learnt our lesson and are smarter from here on it. Personally - I’d rather see us sign no one of our targets are available than settle on just anyone for the sake of getting someone in.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Very true, got to at least let people pick them up and see that they are rotten though....

Fuckin hilarious the way people stick by the first opinion they have of a player....  based on that our dream team would consist of Richard Wright, Earl Barrett,, John Okane, cadamarteri, Bilyaletdinov....... a very good at the start.... 

I've been a huge DCL fan and backed him but he's pissed me off big time of late... I told John Ebbrell this last night!  Not that he would agree with me, too nice a fella for that. 

😂

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Where have we seen that before 🤔 🤣

8 hours ago, barryj said:

Where have we seen that before 🤔 🤣

It's true, as hypocritical as it may appear I don't hang on to the believe that the first opinion is right or remains relevant.   Let's not get all lukaku on this.... my opinion of him to varying degrees remained extremely consistent and was carried by many if not now that Man United.

An unpopular opinion isn't necessarily wrong.... it's just often what many don't want to hear. 

I was made up with pickford till he started to act like he was as good as he thought he was.  Sadly, goalkeeping like golf is as much mental as physical/technical..... as soon as the mental weakness is displayed it's very difficult to recover..... see Tiger Woods, Joe Hart, etc etx

54 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I was made up with pickford till he started to act like he was as good as he thought he was.  Sadly, goalkeeping like golf is as much mental as physical/technical..... as soon as the mental weakness is displayed it's very difficult to recover..... see Tiger Woods, Joe Hart, etc etx

Not going to get into all that, but Tiger Woods game suffered physically not mentally. His life fall apart off the course, but his problem was with his back, it’s difficult to play golf when you need your spine fusing. His mental strength has never been in doubt, and the fact he came back from all knocks and surgeries, after expecting to retire, and win another major show just that. 
To even bring him into the same argument as Joe Hart and Jordan Pickford is nothing short of ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

Not going to get into all that, but Tiger Woods game suffered physically not mentally. His life fall apart off the course, but his problem was with his back, it’s difficult to play golf when you need your spine fusing. His mental strength has never been in doubt, and the fact he came back from all knocks and surgeries, after expecting to retire, and win another major show just that. 
To even bring him into the same argument as Joe Hart and Jordan Pickford is nothing short of ridiculous. 

Tiger Woods is almost the epitome of mental strength. 

Anyway getting thread back on track Carlos got a tough job to get anything out of these player for the remaining two games. With a shortened summer break it’s important to build momentum into next season. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Really Steve? How Do you explain that in 2009 prior to his November "crashing car to escape wife hitting him with golf club" that he won  6 tournaments???   Winning the BMW at wentworth 2 months before his affairs came out.  He already won a major with a bust up knee in 2008... hobbled his way around. His swing speed had dropped 5-6 mph (30 yards) from his 2004 peak.   His swing speed in 2009 when winning tournaments was the same in 2012 when not winning tournaments.... explain the difference in winning vs not winning? The core is the engine for the swing...the back is key to that. 

Woods as many in the game said had an air of untouchability and royalty that he utilised to full effect to mentally beat his opponents. They lost before the final round started.... he could break an opponent with his aloofness and arrogance alone.  He had few friends on tour and he didn't need them.... Lehman and Stricker and that's about it.

He had to start being nice, win fans back, players back etc.  They are happy he's back because he lines and has lined their pockets..... but he lost that edge in relinquishing his mental advantage. 

So yeah.... mentality is everything. 

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Tiger Woods is almost the epitome of mental strength. 

Anyway getting thread back on track Carlos got a tough job to get anything out of these player for the remaining two games. With a shortened summer break it’s important to build momentum into next season. 

I'd agree.... which is why when he lost the mental edge over his rivals he won naff all. Took alot to get his confidence back and only sentimentality afforded him the required public goodwill to win again. 

He's always been a ridiculously talented golfer.... best putter ever, best iron player ever, one of the tightest short games.  Mentality in golf is the defining factor.

Proof? Ian Poulter..... talent wise he's possibly high Europro level.... (fighting for a tourcard) mentally - best around and gets every ounce of his ability. 

Back to pickford...

Once mental cockiness/confidence is gone...... bye bye