IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

And again, it was the same last year before he turned a corner. 

And sometimes you’re luck runs out and the players don’t get behind you and don’t fight for you, or haven’t got the belief in you, prime example 5-2 to the shite, and we stunk the place out, it’s been many years that I’ve witnessed an Everton team in a Derby roll over and die from the first whistle, that game got him the bullet and rightly so.  
Then big Dunc takes over and demands the passion the fight for the shirt, and we beat Chelsea 3-1, which I believe was at the time a game we were destined to lose under Silva. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And sometimes you’re luck runs out and the players don’t get behind you and don’t fight for you, or haven’t got the belief in you, prime example 5-2 to the shite, and we stunk the place out, it’s been many years that I’ve witnessed an Everton team in a Derby roll over and die from the first whistle, that game got him the bullet and rightly so.  
Then big Dunc takes over and demands the passion the fight for the shirt, and we beat Chelsea 3-1, which I believe was at the time a game we were destined to lose under Silva. 

Last time was Martinez if I remember correctly. I agree that was the final nail in the coffin for him but relegation still wasn’t anything to worry about. I’ve repeated my argument as to why many times in the last few seasons so I won’t bother explaining again. 

anyway, as Steve said, let’s just be happy with the new guy. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Last time was Martinez if I remember correctly. I agree that was the final nail in the coffin for him but relegation still wasn’t anything to worry about. I’ve repeated my argument as to why many times in the last few seasons so I won’t bother explaining again. 

anyway, as Steve said, let’s just be happy with the new guy. 

I think that’s something even thee and me can agree on. 
Let’s raise a class to the club we love and wish all blues and the team a happy and prosperous New year. 

Your in the States at the moment Matt and I’m led in bed in the Maldives ( no peaking) yet we still can’t stop debating this club, once it grabs you it pretty much owns you. Have a good trip mate. 

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think that’s something even thee and me can agree on. 
Let’s raise a class to the club we love and wish all blues and the team a happy and prosperous New year. 

Your in the States at the moment Matt and I’m led in bed in the Maldives ( no peaking) yet we still can’t stop debating this club, once it grabs you it pretty much owns you. Have a good trip mate. 

As does this forum :lol: 4 hour drive and I’m in the back seat surrounded by suitcases and no leg room. Just as well my book is so engrossing! Enjoy your trip mate! We went there nearly 10 years ago for our honeymoon, if she’s still around in August (as well as the other factors like job etc sort themselves out), I’m hoping to take her and the not-so-little one back next summer :) 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

We went there nearly 10 years ago for our honeymoon

Get the fuck out of here, ten years ago? I can remember you floating ideas about possible destinations for said honeymoon on here and that was more than a decade ago?

Holy crap where does the time go?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Pretty much like he did after Christmas last year when people were calling for his head after a bad start, then we had a fantastic run second half of the season. When there is still so many points to play for and the league is so tight, talking about relegation in October or November is nonsense 

The results flattered to deceive. We played teams at their worst, and dropped points in every game that the other team bothered to turn up in. 

Looking at the tactics it was hard to see were the goals were meant to come from and defensively we have away clear chances far too easily and too often. 

On 28/12/2019 at 21:20, Matt said:

I know I’ve been a fan of him for ages, and I know this is me getting excited ahead of time, but 7 points off fourth. Only Wolves (!) and Spurs to compete with as the others will drop off. 

for the negative nellys... True, 7 points from relegation zone too. Just goes to show that panicking before Christmas is just stupid and a lack of understanding of how a season works. It’s very tight again but I can’t see anything to suggest this positive run won’t continue. I’m actually confident going to City too. 

I don't count myself negative, but I was worrying when Silva was in charge. We were looking at the Chelsea game, following by Arsenal, United, Burnley, and Newcastle, and I wasn't confident of a single point. If that had come to pass, we would be rock bottom in the league right now. We had zero momentum and zero hope the manager knew what he could do tactically to change. Instead, the month of December has seen a quantum change in momentum and belief already in a manager who knows all about flexibility and tactics. That's the difference a good manager can make. The passion of Ferguson turned the mood of the players, and the experience of Ancelotti will inspire them with confidence. A point or more against City would be incredible given where we were just one month ago.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

The results flattered to deceive. We played teams at their worst, and dropped points in every game that the other team bothered to turn up in. 

Looking at the tactics it was hard to see were the goals were meant to come from and defensively we have away clear chances far too easily and too often. 

The results didn’t flatter to deceive. They were points earned and we played good exciting football. But I’m not going over this fiction you created again, I’m looking forward 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

The results didn’t flatter to deceive. They were points earned and we played good exciting football. But I’m not going over this fiction you created again, I’m looking forward 

So what was so different this year? 

Matic came out and apologised for his performance for Man U they were that bad. Arsenal and Chelsea both sacked their managers, even Spurs did although their manager got a point with his reserves. Same period we drew with Palace and were beaten by Newcastle and Fulham. Only convincing win was against Cardiff and even then they were missing their best players and we left it until the last minute to put the game to bed. 

Must admit, I'm a bit worried by the sight of us playing the ball backwards a lot in the last couple of games. And then getting ourselves into trouble by doing it in ever tighter spaces.

Watch this space on that one. Hopefully it's part of the coaching process and the players ate just trying to adopt to new strategies.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Must admit, I'm a bit worried by the sight of us playing the ball backwards a lot in the last couple of games. And then getting ourselves into trouble by doing it in ever tighter spaces.

Watch this space on that one. Hopefully it's part of the coaching process and the players ate just trying to adopt to new strategies.

It was tough to watch at the weekend especially but I guess to go forwards you sometimes have to go backwards first. 

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much mate. Carlo has been shouting at them to stop playing it backwards and move it forwards.

I think it’s the players struggling to change to Carlos play more than his tactics. Hopefully we will see changes in the coming weeks mate.

12 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Carlo does play out from the back that’s his coaching style, played like that at every club he’s managed, then he gets here and has back line with the the touch of rapist, it must be as frustrating for him as it is scary for us to watch. 

13 hours ago, Newty82 said:

They've been completely unable to handle the high press from City or Liverpool. You go backwards under pressure when you don't trust your technique, you don't have the speed of thought or confidence to move the ball more positively under pressure or your team mates aren't showing for you. It will be a long road coaching that into some of these, some are just not good enough to get it. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

They've been completely unable to handle the high press from City or Liverpool. You go backwards under pressure when you don't trust your technique, you don't have the speed of thought or confidence to move the ball more positively under pressure or your team mates aren't showing for you. It will be a long road coaching that into some of these, some are just not good enough to get it. 

Then why did we try and play out from the back in those two games? That's the bit I don't understand. We can knock the ball long and play for the second balls and put our stamp on the game from there. 

Even the likes of Richarlison, Walcott, DCL, Sidibe  (at right wing) aren't players who are going to keep hold of possession but can play really well in those long ball/counter situations. 

There is no doubt that Ancellotti has been dealt a shit hand with this side, but play that hand. That's all Ferguson did. Kept it simple and played the way the players can.